User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 88
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Yard sale couponing??!!

  1. #31
    Smart Canuck anastasia1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clarkson, ON
    Posts
    1,596
    Likes Received
    2922
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)




    personally I would rather donate some things that I didn't want instead of selling it.

  2. #32
    Smart Canuck dariusz8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,750
    Likes Received
    1112
    Trading Score
    141 (100%)



    Great! So we have people taking whole tear pads, people clearing entire shelves, people selling items they cleared from a store so others have no chance for the mere fact so that they profit selling a manufacturers item at there yard sales.... what has couponing come to . Whats the point of a manufacturer trying to provide consumers with coupons any more.
    gracesmommy and Marteli like this.

  3. #33
    Just Jez
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    random
    Posts
    15,210
    Likes Received
    8322
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    Great! So we have people taking whole tear pads, people clearing entire shelves, people selling items they cleared from a store so others have no chance for the mere fact so that they profit selling a manufacturers item at there yard sales.... what has couponing come to . Whats the point of a manufacturer trying to provide consumers with coupons any more.
    wow your attack is uncalled for !

    nobody is talking about shelf clearing to sell at garage sales or taking all the coupons ....and where do you suppose the toys/clothes/dishes /mops/brooms ect come from ? Manufacturers make these items also for which coupons are also available.....

    and it may have been a lot of couponing items but unless you ask nobody knows how the ppl aquired these items .....they may have a store gone out of business...or used their SDM points to buy all the items....
    Last edited by Jezebel; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 12:24 AM.
    sharkie likes this.


  4. #34
    Smart Canuck dariusz8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,750
    Likes Received
    1112
    Trading Score
    141 (100%)



    who am i attacking? i am incorparating a few different rant threads into this one. Manufacturers create these coupons for consumers yes, not just a hand full of people for the purpose that they profit of off what they manufacturer.

  5. #35
    Just Jez
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    random
    Posts
    15,210
    Likes Received
    8322
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    who am i attacking? i am incorparating a few different rant threads into this one. Manufacturers create these coupons for consumers yes, not just a hand full of people for the purpose that they profit of off what they manufacturer.
    well it is unknown as to who you were making a statement to ...or that you were incorporating several rants into one thread.......


  6. #36
    Just Jez
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    random
    Posts
    15,210
    Likes Received
    8322
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)




    how do you know coupons were even used ??? or shelves were cleared ect,.,...
    Last edited by Jezebel; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 12:30 AM.


  7. #37
    Smart Canuck dariusz8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,750
    Likes Received
    1112
    Trading Score
    141 (100%)



    agree with you op doesn't know that a single coupon was used or do i. But if i had lets say 60 trutaste milk cartons(just an example) on sale in my front yard last week, i don't think it be hard to speculate. I do thinks its ok to sell out an item that you have some financial input into (like you previously said, what if consumer had allergies etc), which has happened to me previously and i have simply returned the item to the store. But in all honesty is it fair to others who use the product regularly be unable to buy the product because someone will clear it intentionally fully knowing that they will not use it for the mere fact they are getting it free or a good overage and then turning around to try to sell it at a yard sale? sooner or later the manufacturers get smarter with these things and it makes like difficult for us all... not that what i say or anyone says here will have much of a change the direction that couponing is headin towards

  8. #38
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    6,071
    Likes Received
    13059
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)




    .
    Last edited by lecale; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: typos!!!
    dariusz8 likes this.

  9. #39
    Just Jez
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    random
    Posts
    15,210
    Likes Received
    8322
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    This is and except from the City of Toronto's garage sale bylaw:

    § 480-3. Property restrictions.

    A. No person shall sell personal property at a garage sale other than personal property that has actually been used on, about, or in connection with the residential premises or, in the case of a joint garage sale held with a neighbour, the residential premises of the neighbour.

    B. No person shall sell personal property at a garage sale that consists, either in whole or in part, of:

    (1) Personal property left at a garage sale on a consignment basis; or
    (2) Personal property acquired for the purpose of resale at the garage sale.

    § 480-4. Offences.

    Any person who contravenes any provision of this chapter is guilty of an offence


    In other words, you could get a ticket costing $$$ if you resell the fruits of your couponing in Toronto. All you have to do is offend someone's sensibilities enough that they call bylaw.
    it would have to be proven the products were bought soley for resale.....some ppl sell their belongings because they need the money/ are moving ect....but when they purchased the items it was for personal not for the intentions of resale.....
    sharkie and amandalee76 like this.


  10. #40
    Just Jez
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    random
    Posts
    15,210
    Likes Received
    8322
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    agree with you op doesn't know that a single coupon was used or do i. But if i had lets say 60 trutaste milk cartons(just an example) on sale in my front yard last week, i don't think it be hard to speculate. I do thinks its ok to sell out an item that you have some financial input into (like you previously said, what if consumer had allergies etc), which has happened to me previously and i have simply returned the item to the store. But in all honesty is it fair to others who use the product regularly be unable to buy the product because someone will clear it intentionally fully knowing that they will not use it for the mere fact they are getting it free or a good overage and then turning around to try to sell it at a yard sale? sooner or later the manufacturers get smarter with these things and it makes like difficult for us all... not that what i say or anyone says here will have much of a change the direction that couponing is headin towards
    I agree with you it is not right....... but really what you and I think will not stop the ppl who clear shelves/ re-sell for profit or take more than their fair share of coupons or products to profit an prevent others from sharing in the sales ect......it is a never ending circle !!
    gracesmommy, dariusz8 and sharkie like this.


  11. #41
    HST Victim BCSparkyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Port Coquitlam
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,408
    Likes Received
    126
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)



    To the OP. Did the person holding the garage sale tell you they bought it with coupons? I ask, because my DH is in the auction game. You don't know the number of lots that go up for auction that have bags and bags FULL of things that are readily available to purchase with coupons. So to say that the are reselling what they bought with coupons is assuming, and may not be the case, that they may have bought the items at auction for a steal, and are reselling THOSE items, which is quite common practice...Just some food for thought, and for everyone not to quickly judge. You may not see what you think you are seeing. And yes, some of those lots have NUMEROUS of the same itwm from a store bankrupsy, so not neccesarily a shelf clearing event.
    Last edited by BCSparkyGirl; Mon, May 28th, 2012 at 01:57 AM.
    gone shopping!

  12. #42
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    like the name says
    Posts
    10,395
    Likes Received
    15251
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)




    the OP said they were selling "couponing stuff" but did not clarify what that means. This entire thread is due to people jumping to conclusions. The OP could mean selling coupon binders for all we know
    sharkie likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

    Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

  13. #43
    Roman Empress salady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,313
    Likes Received
    2324
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)




    I wish the OP would come back and clarify what she meant by "couponing stuff". It's kind of pointless when you're vague with your rants!
    Jezebel and dariusz8 like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

    Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

  14. #44
    Smart Canuck dariusz8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,750
    Likes Received
    1112
    Trading Score
    141 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    I wish the OP would come back and clarify what she meant by "couponing stuff". It's kind of pointless when you're vague with your rants!
    agree, anyone can interpurt it the way they read it. Please come back op
    Jezebel likes this.

  15. #45
    CaLoonie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    125
    Likes Received
    10
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)



    Aren't there tax implications doing this?

    I know that in the UK if you buy things specifically to resell them then the Tax Man wants his share of your profit. They're really cracking down on people doing this on Ebay and at 'car boot sales'.
    lecale likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •