User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By saveadollardiva

Thread: Zellers @ square one liquidation a big fat lie!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So my husband and I decided to go to the Zellers at Square One, Mississauga to check out the deals at Zellers...As soon as you walk in all you see is huge banners in which one of them read "EVERYTHING ON SALE - 30-50% OFF THE LOWEST TICKETED PRICE" Limited exceptions may apply.
    Now, usually when other retailers publish this, it means, if the last ticket price shows $75.00, the discound should be at least 30%. Well, not the case...Sales rep. said it was already marked down and no further discounts. Ok, so I tried with something else that was regular price in a different department..again, I asked the sales rep to check the price, but this time, the discount was 10%!! Still no 30 - 50%..when I asked the sales rep. why was I not getting at least the 30% as advertized, all she had to say was.."if you read there, it says limited exceptions may apply" So my response was, ok but it also says, "Everything" and this item is part of "everything" in your store..Anyway, no point in taking it up with the staff, they are doing their job and are probably trained to offer this terrible incompetent customer service...needless to say, I didn't buy anything. I find it extremely annoying when retailers do this to people - misleading and false-advertizing !! Of course, Supervisors are nowhere to be found.....BIG FAT SCAM TO CONSUMERS!! NOT SURPRISED AT ALL...THIS IS WHY THEY ARE WHERE THEY ARE....
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

To me that is flase advertising. I hate when stores do that! I know certain items may apply but when you go in and every item you want the discount doesn't apply to can be troublesome.
    matrix82 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

"Lowest ticketed price" off of a regular priced item... well that wouldn't be included in the first place since it's not clearance. "Lowest" is a term used when talking about clearance/red line tickets. Wording things can be tricky. Signing things is even harder then you get "selective readers" red line ticket items, it could just be that select types aren't included. For example a Denby bowl may not have the extra, but a Curtis Stone pot holder may. That sort of thing. Understanding why some things are included while others are not is basically impossible to do in retail. Currently the blame lies with "Lord & Taylor" the owners of the HBC Company,

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was in there today and saw the same signs but everything seemed to only be 10% off. The only stuff that was really high % off was old stuff like toys that said Happy Valentines Day..

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

It is now 50 - 70% with tonnes of exceptions. Groceries are only 10% and the bike I bought was 40% off the regular not the sale price on the bike which was 40% off. It is final even if it doesn't work. Found out the hard way.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Target is going to be taking over Zellers. Can't wait.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They've hired a company that specializes in liquidation sales, the same one as they are using for the Field's stores, and they did the same thing with them. You won't see any fantastic deals until the last couple of weeks, if anything is left by then.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

We went on Sunday, day before the final for us, and groceries were 50%. Grabbed up some soup and ZhuZhu Pet accessories for DD, that's it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got a some good deals at the Ajax location. Three pairs of shoes for $45! But yea I would wait till closer to the close date to start seeing really good deals in their store. The close date according to the CSR I asked said the Ajax store is slated to close September 15th.

Thread Information