Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By lovelikewinter3
  • 1 Post By lecale
  • 1 Post By ashedfc
  • 2 Post By <3 My $aving$ <3

Thread: $20 New Bill of Polymer

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

be prepared to accept more plastic in your wallet.. we all know about the $50 & $100 polymer bills.. now here's the $20 coming into existence
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Plastic bills aren't bad. I went to Australia about 10 years ago, and all their bills are polymer like that. They last longer, they don't feel bad and they survive a run in the washing machine quite nicely.

The 20 is the most frequently counterfeited bill in Canada, so this will help deter that (for a while, anyway).

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You are correct.
    Infact, Bank of Canada borrowed Australia's technology to this done..

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    15 (94%)

I like the new bills! They look great!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Oh I hate the polymers I work at a financial institution and count out money daily ive heard horror stories of people just giving away their money because they were stuck together... I dread the day the $20's come!!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ugh, the last thing our world needs is more plastic. Nuff said.
    TaraF and i_forget like this.
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i don't mind them BUT as a previous poster mentioned you have to be careful with them because they do stick together
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I heard a story from a friend about the polymer bills sticking together and *almost* overpaying something by several bills. I think it is time to jot down on my list "rubber fingertip gripper" so that I can avoid such a situation.

So the thrilling situations us cash paying SCers face this year-1) having our bills rounded up 5 cents after the penny is gone in the fall; 2) having polymer bills stick together and potentially "giving away" money unless attentive to the transaction. I cannot imagine how much fun such encounters will be at festivals, grocery counters or restaurants when there are crowds, little ones with adults etc. Might be worth looking for passes or all-inclusive deals to avoid the cash error scenarios.

I also feel empathetic for service staff who will have to count their tills and keep all the amounts straight when balancing against the final till receipt tallies.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 03:08 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like the new bills.
    Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Get up to 18 GB in free online storage when you sign-up using this link -> http://db.tt/218DjYg

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

BE CAREFUL (this new bill has its own problems)

It appears some of Canada’s new plastic money can’t stand the heat of the summer.

There have been reports of the new $50 and $100 polymer bills melting. The Bank of Canada though says it’s new bills are virtually indestructible.

Brittney Halldorson, a teller at the Interior Savings Credit Union in Kelowna, says the bills are supposed to withstand boiling water but she’s heard of cases where several of the bills have melted together inside a hot car.

She says the only way a person can be reimbursed is if they have the bill’s serial number.

“We understand what the climate conditions are like in Canada,” said Julie Girard, a currency spokesperson for the Bank of Canada. “We’ve put these notes through a lot of testing so that they stand up to our very hot summers and cold winters. The notes perform as intended under the conditions.”

Girard said that if anyone has a bill that has been damaged in any way, that they can have them replaced by filling out a form on the bank’s website.

“The bank is very clear about what folks need to do,” she said. “Fill out the form and we’ll replace the quantity and value.”

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/2934...a-not-so-sure/
    <3 My $aving$ <3 likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I hate the new bills for the fact they stick together. I think it's just another way for big banks and government to eventually just have us all using plastic (debit and credit) because the more they stick together and people are accidently giving money away, the more people will move to credit and debit as the sole way to pay for purchases.

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

Given our heat wave I don't find that surprising...
    I'm wondering if over winter (here in Winterpeg) if that means the bills could freeze and shatter ?!?
    Winter of 2010 i had left my debit card in my Jean Pocket and it was bitterly cold windchill was about -43 or so.
    Had been standing outside at a bus stop awhile, and when i sat down i heard and felt the crackle of my card shattering...

Thread Information