• 3 Post By carmanelectric
  • 2 Post By MomOfOne79
  • 1 Post By jessep13
  • 1 Post By thriftygranny
  • 1 Post By saveadollardiva
  • 1 Post By <3 My $aving$ <3
  • 2 Post By phoebew
  • 1 Post By MsDaynara

Thread: Is “no coupon on sales item” one of the rules in NoFrills coupon policy?

cou
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to No Frills (4501 - 17th Ave SE Calgary) on Thur (Jul 5) night at about 8:45pm to bought 2 Oreo cookies which was on-sales 2 for $3. I tried to use a coupon, save $1.5 when you buy 2 items. The cashier asked another cashier, “Do we take coupon for on-sale items?”. The answer from the other cashier was no. I asked her was this rule posted in anywhere to inform customers. She did not answer my question. She kept repeat twice, “Don’t you understand this is already on-sale for $1.5 each”. So I wonder is this one of the rules in their coupon policy or she just made it up? Anyway, instead of saving money, I wasted my time as well as about 60 to 70 cents for the gasoline.
    So if you plan to go to No Frills to use coupon on those on-sales items, think twice.

As a customer I must respect whatever coupon rules their management have setup. Even “No coupon” is also acceptable. But as a respect to their customers, they should post their coupon policy in their store, especially those rules that do not conform to the norm of the market.
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Haven't been to a No Frills but you should be able to use a coupon on a sale item unless it says on the coupon you can only it on a regular price item.Next time you're in the store check at customer service or with a manager about this so called coupon policy.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Haven't been to a No Frills but you should be able to use a coupon on a sale item unless it says on the coupon you can only it on a regular price item.
    MomOfOne79 likes this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

My no frills has been hit and miss for me. Last year I was told I couldn't use my coupon on the $1,$2, $3 promotions, manager was called and backed up the clerk saying that. I just didn't shop there very much, as I was having better match ups with walmart and coop. Then about 2 months ago I had, Uncle bens and Knorr coupons that I used during the same promotion, and my coupons were in french no less. Manager was called about the french, I translated it, and it was no issue.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wIhTlx6/]

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

That sounds a little ridiculous. It is not like you were buying 20 of them and using coupons. I keep policies to all stores that I shop at. Being that No Frills is part of Loblaws, policy should be identical the same. I have used coupons at RCSS, no problem. I have even price matched NF and used a coupon on top of that. The policy doesn't state anywhere that you cannot use coupons on sale items. I would suggest you email/contact the H/O for a current policy and just keep it with you. Alternatively, shop somewhere where they will price match and use the coupon there. Those cashiers sounded quite rude and don't deserve your business!
    improperganda and GoddessDigi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ive never had this issue with my no frills, and i go there weekly. I would definatly email to get the coupon policy on that, so than next time you will be prepared and know if they do or not.
    improperganda likes this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

The No frills i shop at is really hit and miss. I get the feeling the staff are trained to discourage couponing, they take the coupons most of the time but they don't seem to appreciate me using them. Sometimes they are difficult and refuse for various reasons . I just PM at Walmart now it is closer and no hastles at all. I still go to No Frills for sale items that I use because they really do have some great sales.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My No Frills I have used those coupons and have never had a problem? I think it depends on the cashier.

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

1 example would be a Stayfree coupon that was a printable earlier... IT actually states on the coupon (REGULAR PRICED ONLY) Name:  bg2.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  14.9 KB
    But it's not the 1st time I've heard that either. Some people see couponing as a bad thing and will always challenge you to see if you will back down... ALWAYS follow up w/in~store Management or Customer Svc. If that fails it never hurts to make a phone call or email...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by <3 My $aving$ <3; Wed, Jul 11th, 2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: wrong pic

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That sounds a little ridiculous

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    The No frills i shop at is really hit and miss. I get the feeling the staff are trained to discourage couponing, they take the coupons most of the time but they don't seem to appreciate me using them. Sometimes they are difficult and refuse for various reasons . I just PM at Walmart now it is closer and no hastles at all. I still go to No Frills for sale items that I use because they really do have some great sales.

I think your right the No Frills I usually go to do the same thing they try and discourage you to use coupons and have the cashier push the issues. They also won't price match if the item are for example 2 for $4 if you can believe this the cashier says its too difficult to determine how much each item would cost, really she said they couldn't figure out that $4 divided by 2 is $2 they will only price match on 4 items. Personally I don't miss No Frills and don't go there much anymore I don't appreciate being treated rudely by staff when I'm spending my hard earn money at their store. Truthfully I think even if they did have a policy on coupons they would still do what they wanted to. Your better to price match at Wally Mart or other stores to get whats one sale there.
    Last edited by phoebew; Tue, Jul 17th, 2012 at 08:15 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When it comes to using coupons at NoFrills you are able to use them for sale items unless the coupon states "Regularly priced item". If by chance you're purchasing an item, for example Dove soap bars, at the sale price of $1.00 and you have a $1 off coupon then that item is free but you have to pay the taxes unless it states otherwise.

Here is the Loblaws Store's Coupon Policy, don't hesitate to print it off and take it into the store with you. You're also able to email any stores head office and request they email you their coupon policies.

Loblaws Banner Stores Coupon Policy
    1.0 Policy
    Coupon zone coupons, LCL flyer coupons, LCL website coupons and President’s ChoiceFinancial® coupons are all gladly accepted according the terms and conditions printed on thecoupon. Manufacture coupons are accepted for in store purchased items according to theguidelines listed in section 2.0.

2.0 Guidelines
    2.1 The item being purchased must conform to the product details on the couponincluding size, brand, quantity, co-purchased item etc.
    2.2 Only Canadian coupons are accepted.
    2.3 The expiry date must be valid.

2.4 The coupon must be presented at time of purchase.
    2.5 A coupon cannot be redeemed against the “free” item in any offer where the

customer buys more than one item to get one or more item for free (BOGO deals). Eg.Buy one bag of chips, get a second bag of chips free – a single coupon can be applied tothe purchase of the two bags.
    2.6 Coupons have no cash value.

2.7 If the coupon value exceeds the retail value of an item, the coupon value will bereduced to reflect the retail of the item.
    2.8 All sales taxes are paid by the customer at the retail value of the product. Refer to 2.9to see Free Item guideline.
    2.9 The value of a coupon that offers a product for free will include the amount of anyapplicable taxes.
    2.10 Home printed coupons from emails or websites are accepted in black/white orcolour. Manufacture coupons must have a valid manufacture address on the printedcoupon, expiration date and be completely legible.
    2.11Photocopies are not accepted.
    2.12 Coupons are void if they appear distorted or blurry.
    2.13 One coupon only per item purchased may be redeemed during each store visit,even if a limit statement is not included on the coupon. Coupon stacking is not allowed.
    2.14 The Store Management reserves the right to restrict individual item purchasequantities to reasonable family limits.

Thread Information