User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I am so upset right now.
    I purchased a boxed hair dye today.. (9G golden honey) which is a blonde... I checked a bunch of different brands and this one to see which one would work best for my current hair color.. I decided on this one and dyed my hair while my boys were watching a show.. it turned out a DARK brown color!
    I'm so angry, this is not the color the box shows AT ALL.. what do I do?.. do i just e-mail the company?.. it's not like they can fix it over the phone.. i'm going to have to get it fixed at the salon or something but dont' have the $ (that's why i bought the boxed dye in the first place!)..

HELP

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    I am a "senior canuck" but have been away from the site for awhile.. Please be patient with me as I go through and re-learn the ins and outs, do's and don'ts once again. . I look forward to chatting and trading with all of you

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

The dye on the box may not look like that on your own hair,it depends what hair colour you currently have. How much lighter is your hair?

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Did you check the dye applicators that they had the right number?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

If you call them, they can tell you what to use to correct it. Also, I'm sure they'll reimburse you for at least the cost of the colour you already used (P&G is great).

If you didn't already use the conditioner that came with it, don't. It acts to help seal the colour. Instead, use a dandruff shampoo like TGel or even dishsoap. It won't strip the colour completely, but it will tone it down.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I already used the conditioner .. i thought once i dried my hair it would lighten but it didn't.

my hair was a darkish blonde.. i looked on the box and everything looks the same, i don't know why it did this
    I am a "senior canuck" but have been away from the site for awhile.. Please be patient with me as I go through and re-learn the ins and outs, do's and don'ts once again. . I look forward to chatting and trading with all of you

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I find with any brand of dye, that when I first dye my hair it is darker than I would think it should be, but after couple washes or about a week, it lightens up. I think when it comes to buying boxed dyes everyone will get different results depending on their hair (texture, shade, etc.). I would phone them but before trying to add another box of dye to lighten it up, try waiting about a week and see if it lightens up.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

thanks for all of the advice, i e-mailed them yesterday and got an apology back today , they are sending out a full value coupon for me to use on another Clairol product.. so that'll give me 2-3 weeks before it's colored again... i'm a little nervous about doing it again though.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

The good thing about natural instincts is that it's temporary. 22 washes I think. I think thats why it isn't a very good lightner. I find it doesn't damage my hair at all compared to other brands (Nutrisse, Nice n Easy being the worst) But I only go a shade darker. Good Luck with your new colour.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Two things: one...never use a Clairol product. A friend of mine is a hairdresser (unfortunately not in my town), and knows I colour my own hair. Her ONLY stipulation was that I never use a Clairol product. The chemicals are too strong, and only THEY sell a product that can get it out of your hair when you can't control the dryness and gunk in it any longer. Hairdressers, she says, do a lot of damage-control with Clairol products.

And a WARNING! It seems that some people get a charge out of changing the bottles in the packages, so that a blonde box gets a black colour tube...etc. So ALWAYS check...I always do.
    So......just my two cents. I called L'Oreal when I decided to use their product and the gal on the help-line really got down to business with me and finally provided me with the proper product from their line as well as a colour. I've used it ever since and get many compliments on my hair...it just glows in the sunshine!
    Anyhoo.....as I said...just my (and my friend's) 2cents.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (67%)

Another tip - those box dyes will never make your hair lighter, unless you bleach it first with something like Blondissima.

I also agree with L'Oreal comment. I had professional highlights that were becoming too expensive to maintain, and root regrowth makes me crazy. I called the salon and they said they'd have to fill it, then colour and it would cost a fortune! I called L'Oreal and they gave me specific instructions on how to fill it, and colour it. It worked perfectly for the price of two boxed of Feria! Love their customer service!

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by onlybluemomma View Post
    I am so upset right now.
    I purchased a boxed hair dye today.. (9G golden honey) which is a blonde... I checked a bunch of different brands and this one to see which one would work best for my current hair color.. I decided on this one and dyed my hair while my boys were watching a show.. it turned out a DARK brown color!
    I'm so angry, this is not the color the box shows AT ALL.. what do I do?.. do i just e-mail the company?.. it's not like they can fix it over the phone.. i'm going to have to get it fixed at the salon or something but dont' have the $ (that's why i bought the boxed dye in the first place!)..

HELP

I used natural instincts 2 nights ago... isn't it only for natural hair? I did the amber shimmer color and my natural hair color is a dark blonde. It turned out a little lighter with the "amber shimmer"... very happy with my results.

Good to see you contacted them and got a coupon, tho. Maybe someone switched the colors with another box... or maybe Clairal just messed up.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I never use natural instincts since my hair is already coloured. Natural instincts isn't really a brand that will lighten hair more.

Im guessing you didn't do a strand test?

This will be the first thing they ask.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Two things: one...never use a Clairol product. A friend of mine is a hairdresser (unfortunately not in my town), and knows I colour my own hair. Her ONLY stipulation was that I never use a Clairol product. The chemicals are too strong, and only THEY sell a product that can get it out of your hair when you can't control the dryness and gunk in it any longer. Hairdressers, she says, do a lot of damage-control with Clairol products.

And a WARNING! It seems that some people get a charge out of changing the bottles in the packages, so that a blonde box gets a black colour tube...etc. So ALWAYS check...I always do.
    So......just my two cents. I called L'Oreal when I decided to use their product and the gal on the help-line really got down to business with me and finally provided me with the proper product from their line as well as a colour. I've used it ever since and get many compliments on my hair...it just glows in the sunshine!
    Anyhoo.....as I said...just my (and my friend's) 2cents.
    THe only one I've learned to avoid from Clairol is nice and easy.

Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I use nice and easy all the time and does the best job on my hair.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Nice and Easy is very very permament lol!
    Its great stuff if you want that colour and know how your hair reacts.

Dying your hair the darkest shade (blue black) then realizing its way too dark costs almost $300 to lift and get the colour to lighten.... LOL!

I've been told by about 5 different hair dressers not to ever use it on my hair. Guess my hairs too porous for it?

Weird how my grey doesnt seem to be lol!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information