User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Update Sept 5 - London Drugs Stacking & Coupon Policy

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I will post this again for anyone that needs clarification about stacking/coupons at London Drugs in Winnipeg

1 – 1 Coupon Policies

The following coupons may be accepted at London Drugs:

• Manufacturer’s standard coupons
    • Manufacturer’s coupons exclusive to London Drugs
    • London Drugs issued coupons
    • Internet coupons under $3.00 (exception - internet coupons for DVD and Blu-ray discs can be accepted up to $10.00)

Number of coupons accepted:

• More than one coupon may be accepted for a product, if each coupon comes from a different media source. The different media sources may include coupons from a newspaper, magazine, internet, bottle caps or in-store manufacturer’s exclusive coupons.

• The following limitations printed on a coupon would prevent a customer from using multiple coupons:
    • Not to be used in conjunction with other coupons
    • Not to be used with other coupon offers
    • No coupon stacking allowed
    • If the coupons combined value exceeds the price of the product, process the last coupon for the remaining amount to not exceed the value of the product.
    • UPC Code: Most coupons are printed with a UPC code which is used as a means for the manufacturer to track where the coupon was from. If two coupons look the same but have different UPC’s, they are considered different coupons as long as other limitations are not printed on the coupon. i.e. not to be used with other coupons, no coupon stacking allowed etc.
    Note: The only time London Drugs would lose money on redeeming coupons would be if the coupon has expired, is not a Canadian coupon, etc (see ‘Coupon Acceptance’ below for further details).

Free Merchandise:

• If a coupon indicates “FREE” merchandise, the cashier must record the price of the item on the face of the coupon. This merchandise is processed through the POS terminal to capture item movement and then the price of the item is deducted when the coupon is tendered. Note: The tax will be charged on "free" coupon items, unless the coupon specifies "tax included".
    Gift with Purchase:
    • For those coupons or promotions issuing a free gift with purchase (GWP), the free gift has no retail value in regards to refunds, exchanges or trade-ups. For example, if upon the presentation of a coupon, a free mini album is issued to a customer, mini album cannot be refunded for a retail value or exchanged or traded-up for another album/item.

Provincial Sales Tax (PST) Goods and Services Tax (GST):

• Upon redemption of a Manufacturer’s coupon, PST and or GST apply to the full selling price of the item. Upon redemption of a Retailer Issued coupon, PST and/or GST apply to the net amount of the item. For additional details, refer to the appropriate procedure regarding Coupons located in the “Taxes” chapter.

1 – 2 Types of Coupons

Manufacturer’s coupons and London Drugs issued coupons may be accepted. However, mail-in rebate coupons are not accepted at London Drugs.

Manufacturer coupons:

• Are issued by the manufacturer.
    • London Drugs Head Office forwards the coupons to the Clearing House for reimbursement from the manufacturer.
    • London Drugs receives the full selling price of the item, therefore, the sale is not considered as having been discounted.
    • A manufacturer may issue the following two types of coupons:
    o Standard coupons – redeemable at most stores in Canada.
    o Exclusive coupons – Only redeemable at the specified retailer such as the London Drugs, coupon book and in-store special coupons.
    • Standard coupons and London Drugs exclusive coupons may be accepted at London Drugs stores.

Retailer Issued Coupons:

• Issued by a specified retailer – London Drugs.
    • Retailer issued coupons are considered a reduction in the price of the item sold.
    • London Drugs retains the coupon as it is paid for by London Drugs.

Mail-in rebate coupons

• Do not accept.
    • The customer must mail-in the coupon to the appropriate manufacturer for reimbursement.

Internet Coupon

• London Drugs will accept internet coupons up to a $3.00 value. Management approval is required for any internet coupons over $3.00 that are not produced by London Drugs (exception - internet coupons for DVD and Blu-ray discs can be accepted up to $10.00).
    • Internet coupons produced by London Drugs can be accepted for any amount. This type of coupon either scans through our point of sale system or has an assigned PLU
    • As with all coupons they must be examined for authenticity. The following are common characteristics of fraudulent internet coupons:
    • Missing UPC codes
    • Missing product logo or product image
    • Coupons with a non-Canadian redemption address
    • Coupons for free goods
    • The same guidelines as seen below are used when examining internet coupons prior to acceptance.

ALL P&G Products became UNSTACKABLE June/July 2011

Beauty & Grooming Include -

Aussie / Braun / Clairol / CoverGirl / Gillette / Head&Shoulders / Herbal Essences / Ivory / L'Image / Natural Instincts / Nice & Easy / Olay / Old Spice / Pantene / Perfect 10 / Secret / Venus

Health & Wellness Include -

Always / Clearblue / Crest / Fixodent / Metamucil / Oral-B / Pepto Bismol / Scope / Tampax / Vicks

Household Care Include -

Bounce / Bounty / Cascade / Charmin / Cheer / Dawn / Downy / Duracell / Febreze / Gain / Ivory Snow / Mr.Clean / Pampers / Puffs / Swiffer / Tide

Petcare & Nutrition Include -

Iams / Eukanuba

ALL Reckitt Benckiser became UNSTACKABLE Dec 2011 / Jan 2012

Air Wick / Brasso / Calgon / Clearasil / Cattlemen's / Cepacol / Dettol / Durex / Easy Off / Finish / French's / Franks Red Hot

ALL SC Johnson Products became UNSTACKABLE March 22/2012

Armstrong / Drano / Fantastik / Future / Glade / OFF! / Oust / Pledge / Raid / Saran / Scrubbing Bubbles / SHOUT / Toilet Duck / Windex / Ziploc

Johnson & Johnson :

Hi Heather,

Sorry for the late reply. I was on vacation for the last 2 weeks and this is my 1st day back in the store.
    The answer is yes we can stack Johnson and Johnson but not SC Johnson. All the stacking rules still apply but they can be stacked.

Josh

Clarification in regards to Dove :

- limit is 2 per person (2 body wash, 2 shampoo, 2 conditioner, 2 hairspray, 2 deodorant/antiperspirant)

- Body Wash / Shampoo / Conditioner / Deodorant/Antiperspirant - scents DO NOT classify as 2 different items!

- Hairspray / Gel - flexible hold or extra hold etc DO NOT classify as 2 different items!

Seeing as how all the $2 wub (2) Dove coupons clearly state : 2 different Dove products from 2 different product lines I will list the lines:

Line #1 - Hair Care includes : Shampoo / Conditioner / Treatments / Styling (Hairspray/Gel/Mousse)
    Line #2 - Anti-Perspirant includes : Body Mist / Clinical Protection / Solids / Roll Ons
    Line #3 - Body Wash includes : Go Fresh / Cream Oil / VisibleCare / Core
    Line #4 - Bar includes : Beauty Bars

The Baby products and Dove MEN+Care fall into one of these 4 categories!

Clarification in regards to Huggies :

- limit is 2 per person of Huggies Diapers/Pull-Ups & Wipes

Some people have been going in and getting 2 Huggies Snugglers, 2 Huggies Slip Ons, 2 Huggies Pull Ups, 2 Huggies 56ct Wipes, 2 Huggies Refills, 2 Huggies Boxed Wipes Refills

*This is incorrect - it is a limit of 2 (combined varities) for all Huggies Diapers/Pull-Ups or limit of 2 (combined varities) of Huggies Wipes (56ct/refills/boxes)

The reason for this is London Drugs does not have the shelf space to carry TONS of these products and want to be fair to all couponers. We are the last store out of all the locations to get inventory, so if there is only 20 in the warehouse and another store has requested it - it goes to them

YOU MAY ONLY GO INTO LONDON DRUGS ONCE A DAY AND IT IS A LIMIT OF 2 ON EACH ITEM

Even though you maybe able to go in once a day, if you are going in EVERYDAY, they will restrict you as some people have already been told to hold off on certain products.

As most of you are aware there is a "Printable" Coupon Binder at the Customer Service Desk that has not been updated in some time. This is because London Drugs is busy and does not have the time to do so. I am willing to take this on and update it with as many printables as I can, and hopefully in doing so, some of the higher valued coupons may be accepted. The major reason why there is a $3 limit on printable coupons is because there is just too many people FAKING them!!

Printables accepted -

Approved Sept 10/12

http://cold-fx.ca/coupon.html

http://www.facebook.com/COLD.FX/app_377458285645477

http://cold-fx.ca/ - http://cold-fx.ca/coupon_email.html

I have written this because there seems to be some confusion here in Winnipeg, and honestly if things don't start changing we may see London Drugs completely stop stacking altogether

I also understand that things are different in other provinces and other stores across Canada and I have asked numberous times why : ANSWER each store can do what they want and each store sees a different amount of coupon use and couponers. I know it sucks that we can't get as much here as other provinces but FREE is FREE and I like being able to do so.

IT IS A PRIVILEGE we get to stack in the first place so PLEASE I beg of you FOLLOW THE RULES set, don't be greedy as you will just ruin it for all of us!

If you have any questions you are more than welcome to private message me (heck most of you already have or do) or contact management at London Drugs -

Derek - Manager
    Josh - Assistant Manager

204-253-1650

They are AWESOME and trust me - if something MAJOR was to change in regards to stacking Josh would call me or email me

This thread is currently associated with: Air Wick, London Drugs, Olay, Pampers, Huggies
    Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Mon, Sep 10th, 2012 at 04:44 PM.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

You Rock Peachy - Thanks as always!
    Peachykeen2007 likes this.

Trading Score
    237 (100%)

you are the absolute best. I wish that people had the same ethics as you do.
    Peachykeen2007 and hijinx25 like this.
    looking at joining fresh points use fitzgirl as a referal and get 150pts and i get 50pts.

easy points to redeemed for gift cards.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

whoot whoot peachy!
    Peachykeen2007 likes this.
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

Thanks for doing all the leg work...please post about J&J - didn't know about Frenchs mustard that sucks,I was planning to stack.
    anyone know if they sell Black Diamon Ficello cheese things? I have lots of Coupons for those
    HOHOHO ‘‘tis then season for trading
    check out my TL/WL fair trader, been out of the game for too long, small but HV list.

Trading Score
    237 (100%)

no cheese string there
    looking at joining fresh points use fitzgirl as a referal and get 150pts and i get 50pts.

easy points to redeemed for gift cards.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

True... I ended up going today! The lady there today said noJ&J and I could see it written on the paper taped to the wall
    HOHOHO ‘‘tis then season for trading
    check out my TL/WL fair trader, been out of the game for too long, small but HV list.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thanks for the update.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thank you so much!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have a question about printables. I know that they don't take any over $3 unless it's in their approved binder but I have no clue what is actually in there. If I were to bring in a printable over $3 (and it so happens to not be in their binder), would they not accept it at all or lower the value to $3? I'm planning a trip into Winnipeg on Monday so I'm trying to figure out a plan.

Thanks for the help!!

And a big thank you to Peachykeen for putting this list together. It is so informative and helpful! Thanks!!
    Last edited by ellaboo; Sat, Aug 25th, 2012 at 12:44 PM.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

at the moment there is no printables in the binder that they accept over $3

you can always phone and ask

Quote Originally Posted by ellaboo View Post
    I have a question about printables. I know that they don't take any over $3 unless it's in their approved binder but I have no clue what is actually in there. If I were to bring in a printable over $3 (and it so happens to not be in their binder), would they not accept it at all or lower the value to $3? I'm planning a trip into Winnipeg on Monday so I'm trying to figure out a plan.

Thanks for the help!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    at the moment there is no printables in the binder that they accept over $3

you can always phone and ask

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have J&J baby coupons that expire in September. I am trying to find out if they are stackable.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Until further notice all J&J products are not stackable here

Hopefully Monday will be a different answer

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I have J&J baby coupons that expire in September. I am trying to find out if they are stackable.
    kkuchma likes this.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

bump

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information