User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i do like the alfredo pasta ones but they are pricy and it dosen't make me and my bf full....

Trading Score
    13 (93%)

I would have to agree that pre-packaged frozen foods rarely feed that many people. We buy "Skillet sensations" the odd time which is the same type of concept but I find for my spouse and I, we have to make something else with it such as rice or pasta or it's not enough food. And we aren't terribly large people either! Very average!!!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I get these all the time and always try and use my save.ca $1 off coupon. They are pricey, usually $8, but they have a decent amount of veggies and my bf and I share a bag for dinner, potions are okay for two... not any more imo. We like the chicken lungini one the best, and the chicken broccoli penne. We also eat it with ceasar or garden salad on the side.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by NSangel View Post
    omg, i had to laff, sorry, i know..but was thinking at the end, what if you had a martini with the chicken??

isn't it amazing tho, how stuff that is marketed to appeal to the health conscious, upon closer inspection, is the worst thing for you? could u imagine someone with highblood pressure consuming this stuff? not good.

ck: you might want to send a msg to knorr and let them know about the salt content, i mean i'm sure they know, but i bet they don't know that their consumers are smarter than they thought.
    I don't think they market them to appeal to the health concious. I don't think any of them say low fat, low carb, or anything. They just appeal to people who have no time to cook. As for serving size, we have to remember that one serving of pasta is one ounce. That's half a cup. Remember that this is an entree, so you would have to have something else with it. So, it pretty much amounts to the right size servings, which cuts the sodium content in half. (53%) I personally never stick to serving-size rules, though....
    Last edited by willowsprite; Wed, Mar 11th, 2009 at 03:07 PM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

oh my word i ALWAYS check the sodium content on everything as my hubby has high blood pressure. 106%??? that is SCARY
    Last edited by itsjustmebub; Fri, Mar 6th, 2009 at 03:43 PM.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    oh my word i ALWAYS check the sodium content on everything as my hubby has high blood pressure. 106%??? that is SCARY
    No scary is my Mother in law who goes through a box a salt a month. ANd that is just in her cooking.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

*shudder*

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

that stuff looks good but sooo expensive and I know i could eat the whole package myself LOL so not healthy for me

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YesI'mcheap View Post
    No scary is my Mother in law who goes through a box a salt a month. ANd that is just in her cooking.
    That is scary, just the other day, my BF asked me if salt goes off because our box had been there so long. I can't imagine using that much
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    That is scary, just the other day, my BF asked me if salt goes off because our box had been there so long. I can't imagine using that much

Does salt go off? teehee that's too funny!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Salt is fine, it never goes.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I personally love these, i love the chicken fettutini alfredo, i buy them all the time, but i make sure that i have my coupon. The portion size is okay for my husband and i.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I like these for nights that we're on the go - and if they help with portion control, that's probably good for us

I want to know what price people consider good for these...they are on for $6.99 this week at food basics and with the save.ca coupon that makes them $5.99 each. Is that good? I mean, stock-up good?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information