User Tag List

Trading Score
    36 (97%)

Well risking being laughed at this newbie has a couple questions1. what is bump? how come some people just post bump is it a secret code for something only scers know about?2. about avatars? how do you make sure you don't have the same one as someone else do you have to go through the entire members list? I already took someones and although he was not rude about it I felt like the girl at the prom who walks in and someones wearing the excact same dress! How humiliating!3. how do you quote from some one elses post (actually the other 2 questions i searched and couldn't find an answer this one I am just being lazy as I'm sure it is in here somewhere but figured while your reading this I might as well stick this question in)Thank you oh so much (I gotta get rid of that freakin question mark (re: avatar) soon it is so not me now if I could figure out how to throw a blonde wig on it I'd be happening. LMHO)
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

1. A bump post is meant to 'bump' a topic back to the top of the list so it will be seen by more people. It's common on many forums, not just SC.

2. One way is to use a picture you've taken yourself or find an image though google image search instead of using one of the default avatars. I know I'm the only person with my avatar, for example, because those are my cats!

3. You can quote someone else's post using the Quote button at the bottom right of their post - it's beside Send PM.

Trading Score
    36 (97%)

Thank you! This is actually my first forum. Have sold on E-bay, done facebook, my space so I am not totally illiterate. (ha ha) My avatar was from a free avatar site will take your advice and try a photo I just really like some of the more comical ones that people have on here some are so funny I actually laugh right out loud. Now I am off to see how I give you some rep as I realized I don't know how to do that either and there have been lots of postings including yours above that deserve it hands down thanks soooo much.

Trading Score
    36 (97%)

Ok I figured it out all on my own re: giving rep (happy dance) but my computer is all screwy I have to do a clean up or something because when I click on the button to give rep it says give Jeniana rep but the little box won't come up (pop ups okay is on) but it gives me an error on page message so I promise I owe you some rep when I figure out how to fix this!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Glad your questions were answered! Good job Jeniana!

Just to note as well... no question is a silly question if you truly don't know the answer.

There is a bit more to the quoting too that I thought you may want to know. The little button turns red when you click it. It's for if you want to quote multiple posts to comment on in your reply. You would click that button on each of the posts you wish to quote and then hit post reply.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh and picking the same avatar as someone else.. it just means you have good taste. and went to the same site.. LOL

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You're right.....no question is a stupid question....even if the answer has been posted, sometimes the same thing has to be said 2 or 3 times in different ways before it clicks in

MissBobloblaw RULES
    and so do my new GREEN shoes

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

darn, we solved the mystery of "the bump".

my avatar is "borrowed" and when i try to change it, some ppl get very upset. i have gotten posts begging me to bring garfield back. so if someone else uses it, i won't have a problem, but the others might. LOL!

sometimes i change him, when i'm stressed to eating bags of popcorn.

if you like your avatar use it! i'm sure they're dupilcates running around here..

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    36 (97%)

Thanks guys! I love the posts from more encouraging, SC members. I've received a few on other threads that were borderline rude. About the avatar although I did like him the person politely requested I pick another one so no biggie. I will try again Yes I love your Garfield. I can kinda understand where the guy was coming from in regards to not wanting the same because even though I haven' been on long I can recognize some of the more upper Sc'rs or the ones that post alot by their avatar. I have another question I want to hand out rep but every time I come on I get error on page and it won't let me give any I click on the rep button and it just says give rep to...... the little screen won't come up to actually do it. This happened to me on facebook for awhile and then by magic it stopped. My computer is not the greatest so maybe I have too much crap on here. I have no virus's as i do a virus scan and spyware every evening. Maybe a techie out there has the answer. Or if you are friends with a techie on here could you point out my question to them. Thanks again!!! and promise to give out rep when I can.

Trading Score
    36 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by kikikollects View Post
    Thanks guys! I love the posts from more encouraging, SC members. I've received a few on other threads that were borderline rude. About the avatar although I did like him the person politely requested I pick another one so no biggie. I will try again Yes I love your Garfield. I can kinda understand where the guy was coming from in regards to not wanting the same because even though I haven' been on long I can recognize some of the more upper Sc'rs or the ones that post alot by their avatar. I have another question I want to hand out rep but every time I come on I get error on page and it won't let me give any I click on the rep button and it just says give rep to...... the little screen won't come up to actually do it. This happened to me on facebook for awhile and then by magic it stopped. My computer is not the greatest so maybe I have too much crap on here. I have no virus's as i do a virus scan and spyware every evening. Maybe a techie out there has the answer. Or if you are friends with a techie on here could you point out my question to them. Thanks again!!! and promise to give out rep when I can.
    cool I think I got the quote thing cross your fingers to this working.

Trading Score
    36 (97%)

Woo hoo happy dance! I did it!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hmmmm....how come no one borrows my avatar??? too nasty maybe?? and to honest, I don't really remember where I got it from

well done on figuring out the quote kikikollects....you can also just pick a portion of the quote to respond to as welll

MissBobloblaw RULES
    and so do my new GREEN shoes

Thread Information