User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 108 of 114 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1701
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Extreme Couponing coming back to TLC on November 13.
    Shwa Girl and CouponLover618 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    You won't want to take notes from these Extreme Cheapskates link to a description of the Extreme Cheapskates episodes http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...20120928tlc01/
    These Extreme Cheapskates people are worse than Extreme Couponers the lady feeding her friends dumpster dived food.The man who had no furniture and his house didn't look finished or decorated.He would make more money when he sells the house if it looked nice.Why take a big bag of change to the restaurant.Roll the change and take it to the bank they will give you the same money back as you gave them but in dollar bills.What an idiot blabbing he had like 16 bank accounts.His wife should know where all the money is just in case something happens to him.She nuts to give him her pay check.That guy who flushes once a week well gross.Charging his friends a ton when he stays free.Bet after the show aired they moved out.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

.That guy who flushes once a week well gross.
    Plus, it's not good for the plumbing in the house, IMO.
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Flushing the toilet once a week? That's disgusting, can you imagine the smell? And the woman does not use toilet paper, instead her hands. Excuse me while I vomit.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

That Extreme Cheapskates was hard to watch. Cheapness should never go the the extreme of being gross, stinky, or hazardous to your health.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Plus, it's not good for the plumbing in the house, IMO.
    I agree and a plumber costs more than flushed water.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I agree and a plumber costs more than flushed water.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have watched the show but in Canada I dont see how we can do as well as the US.We can save through setting the menu according to sales and matching coupons with sales.Also I dont have a car so I can only save as far as I can travel and take things back by TTC If I have to cab it Ive lost the savings I will strive towards frugal living combined with couponing that is within my range as well trying to get the little nice freebies Chapmans said they were sending out my once a year voucher

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by connieharrison View Post
    I have watched the show but in Canada I dont see how we can do as well as the US.We can save through setting the menu according to sales and matching coupons with sales.Also I dont have a car so I can only save as far as I can travel and take things back by TTC If I have to cab it Ive lost the savings I will strive towards frugal living combined with couponing that is within my range as well trying to get the little nice freebies Chapmans said they were sending out my once a year voucher
    I subscribed to Nathans youtube channel(he was on extreme couponing... the toothpaste guy) ... it is called frugaltv and he says that their real savings is 50% off the grocery bill. The show extreme couponing shows us their very best trips and it certainly does not show a full grocery hauls that the average joe can replicate. As couponers we understand that every once in the while the couponing stars align and we get some great trips... they save coupons for months in advance to make that one big trip work out. The real number for canadians is closer to 35% on average off the grocery bill... and most got more with that 35% off. Please don't get frustrated if you don't see those big numbers right away... it takes time and you really can do it. Now here is something that is not addressed on the show... couponers save tons more then on grocery items... we thrift shop and yard sale and search the give away sections in ads and make yearly calls to cable companies to get discounts and we teach each other lots of other ways to save money. If you start adding that all up and it is far more the the over $200 a month a family of 4 could save.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Not to hijack the thread..but back to the Extreme Cheapskate lady who uses her hand to wipe..(I can't look because I am eating a nice bowl of popcorn)but what happens when it's "that time of the month?" Maybe she is old enough she no longer has this issue but just the thought is revolting!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

These Extreme Cheapskates people are worse than Extreme Couponers the lady feeding her friends dumpster dived food.
    I was a clip on the TLC website about an Extreme Cheapskate dumpster diving for food. I think she said only from grocery stores in upscale neighbourhoods. She had grapes and tomatoes and an unopened package of no cook lasagna sheets. She did this at night. People were passing her and watching her open all the recycling bins filled to the top with restaurant waste.

This is dangerous since she doesn't know why the restaurant threw out the food. She could get sick.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sun, Oct 21st, 2012 at 03:10 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I found a YouTube clip of this lady from Extreme Cheapskate.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/188198-...ng-canada-108/

She's a certified public accountant in New York. I am assuming she makes pretty good money since she owns her own condo without mortgage.

She doesn't hook up her gas stove in the condo because the gas company wants $17 per month. She uses the stove oven for storage and the stove top as her breakfast table. To cook she uses a 2 burner hot plate she won in a promotion.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I could eat lentils and rice every day and save a bundle but it wouldnt be that healthy
    Couponing helps to save on things so money is freed up for good veggies and fruits out of season\
    Right now Im setting aside for the holidays the candies and other things that will be needed
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Descriptions of the people and a promo video for the new season Extreme Couponing starting November 13 http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2012/10/25/season-4-of-tlcs-extreme-couponing-premieres-tuesday-november-13th-at-10-9c-889002/20121025tlc01/ I think Susan on the show is Susan Samtur she used to go on tv shows years ago and tell people how to save with coupons and had a Refundable Bundle magazine way before the internet was around.Couponing for so long you would think she would be above all this Extreme Couponing craziness.
    Last edited by Poirot; Fri, Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:17 PM.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

putting the kettle on.. sweetproserpina's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    And the woman does not use toilet paper, instead her hands.
    It may sound gross to our western sensibilities but there are billions of people in the world who do the same thing. Visit India etc... I think it's just a cultural thing- to our thinking it sounds gross. Then again, after I had my baby, I got a little squirt bottle from the hospital to use instead of wiping.. and i change messy diapers and then wash my hands.. it's all relative!
    I love free books! Earn points at Swagbucks and get great Amazon GCs or Paypal $$.
    RLF: Goldfish!!, Butter, Astro Yogurt, Triscuit Thincrisps...

Page 108 of 114 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast

Thread Information