User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Superstore downtown new pricetags

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In the regular grocery aisles in the Superstore there are digital price tags.
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    coley3 likes this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I saw them today. They are horrible. You can't see the bottom row unless you bend down because of the glare. Also the price changes to what you save on some of them. So if you just glance at it you might be picking it up for the wrong price. Also the 1 Glade candle I was picking up said 62.70 on that shelf. What if the system goes down? I'm not sure this is the best idea ever. Its neat but I see so many problems that could arise.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    I saw them today. They are horrible. You can't see the bottom row unless you bend down because of the glare. Also the price changes to what you save on some of them. So if you just glance at it you might be picking it up for the wrong price. Also the 1 Glade candle I was picking up said 62.70 on that shelf. What if the system goes down? I'm not sure this is the best idea ever. Its neat but I see so many problems that could arise.
    People who have back problems,disabled people and older people are going to have trouble bending down to see prices on the bottom shelf.I can see them shopping elsewhere.That doesn't sound good a $62.70 Glade candle. Also I can see this happening with items we are buying that the digital price tag says for example $2.99 and then we get to the register it's $3.99 and we think great a SCOP but they can change the price to $3.99 on the digital price tag without even touching the price tag.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I don't love the digital tags either. It is hard to see the price unless you are at the right level. I also found them dark. I can see the elderly having trouble with it
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Melaniegreness click the link to sign up and search the web. You can earn things like free gift cards!

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I seen them last weekend and have already sent in a email to superstore head office. Those digital pricetags are Terrible, I could barely read the darn things, and then , the prices do change: they will show one price IF you are purchasing one item, THEN it changes to show what the peice is over the limit, oh they are so bad, and they are too dark / dim, i could not see the prices on any item on the lowest shelf, I refuse to shop at a store where i have no idea what the prices of things are, and since I can not read these digital tags, I have no idea what the prices are. They might be ok for people with totally perfect vision, but not for me.
    MelanieG and thriftygranny like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    People who have back problems,disabled people and older people are going to have trouble bending down to see prices on the bottom shelf.
    I have always found the bottom row price tags irritating at best - often had to pretty near lie down for a good look, and no choice with the digital displays. What I have discovered since the digital displays came to Saskatoon (east side) is that the strips the tags are mounted on are hinged on are hinged. So you can reach down and swing it up to a comfortable (??) viewing angle.

Now, is it just my cynicism, or does the fact that the LCD displays are dark and can only be viewed clearly almost square on, where as with the old paper tags, you could rapidly scan along the shelves to price compare and spot bargains, seem more like coincidence, or a rather cynical marketing ploy?

Seems like there would be a market for a pocket-version CONSUMER price scanner!
    thriftygranny likes this.

Thread Information