User Tag List

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree595Likes

Thread: William and Kate Expecting a Little Royal

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Speeding from paparazzi
    xox2010, walkonby and i_forget like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am so happy for expecting " parents to be "
    Natalka and Darth Penguin like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

From The Onion
    By now the news has no doubt spread that early this morning I was admitted to the hospital due to severe morning sickness, a side effect accompanying my first pregnancy. Yes, it’s true: After a year and a half of marriage, William and I are expecting a child, a greatly anticipated occasion that has brought much joy to the Crown and personal horror to me, the innocent woman who was chosen from among millions to act, unwittingly, as nothing more than vessel for a deformed and unnatural being.
    It's The Onion..it gets worse...
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Thu, Dec 6th, 2012 at 06:13 AM.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    The Onion...

It's The Onion..it gets worse...
    I normally enjoy the onion, but that is utterly dsigusting. I couldn't even finish reading it. Why would you link that?

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Could you imagine if she had identical twins: one would be the heir and one would be the spare but only minutes would decided their very different destinies.
    That is kinda cool. Never thought of that. I wonder what happens if the heir has a disability? What would they do if the child had Down's syndrome or an intellectual disability?
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Prince William and Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, leave the King Edward VII hospital in central London on Dec. 6, 2012. GETTY IMAGES/AFP PHOTO/Leon Neal.

Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, has been released from the London hospital where she was being treated for severe morning sickness.

She was discharged from the King Edward VII Hospital and will now head to Kensington Palace for a period of rest, royal officials said.
    DaveP and xox2010 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The nurse who took the prank call from those morons has committed suicide. Wonder if any charges can be laid against them?

http://news.sky.com/story/1022287/ro...ommits-suicide

A hospital nurse caring for the Duchess of Cambridge, who was duped by two DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, is understood to have committed suicide.
    Two Australian DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles tricked the hospital into giving an update on the condition of Kate, who was being treated for severe morning sickness.
    Jacintha Saldanha, who has worked at the hospital for four years, was found at an address near the hospital.
    A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Police were called at approximately 9.35am this morning to a report of a woman found unconscious at an address in Weymouth Street, W1.
    "London Ambulance Service attended and the woman was pronounced dead at the scene. Inquiries are continuing to establish the circumstances of the incident.
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Fri, Dec 7th, 2012 at 10:47 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    The nurse who took the prank call from those morons has committed suicide. Wonder if any charges can be laid against them?

http://news.sky.com/story/1022287/ro...ommits-suicide

A hospital nurse caring for the Duchess of Cambridge, who was duped by two DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, is understood to have committed suicide.
    Two Australian DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles tricked the hospital into giving an update on the condition of Kate, who was being treated for severe morning sickness.
    Jacintha Saldanha, who has worked at the hospital for four years, was found at an address near the hospital.
    A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Police were called at approximately 9.35am this morning to a report of a woman found unconscious at an address in Weymouth Street, W1.
    "London Ambulance Service attended and the woman was pronounced dead at the scene. Inquiries are continuing to establish the circumstances of the incident.
    I sure hope they feel very bad now,stop pranks and they get charged.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

A poster on one of my international forums has 2day FM as their local radio station and said they are known for pulling cr@p calls like this and never getting into trouble over it.
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Fri, Dec 7th, 2012 at 11:30 AM.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    A poster on one of my international forums has 2day FM as their local radio station and said they are known for pulling cr@p calls like this and never getting into trouble over it.

There's a french radio station here that does this all the time too. They pick on politicians/celebrities for the most part though. Not that I find that amusing either.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Watching and reading some of media reporting on this today and it's interesting how many of the media commentators are condemning the Aussies who did this stupid thing, but they fail to point th finger at themselves as well. After all, darn near every media outlet in the world ran with this story and that likely played a part in this woman's death as well. They're the ones who put the focus and ridicule of the world on this poor woman.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Dj's taken off air until further notice

Australian radio presenters Mel Greig and Michael Christian have been taken off air this evening following growing global outrage at their ‘sick’ prank call to the Duchess of Cambridge’s hospital.
    The 2DayFM duo were still pictured on the station’s website urging listeners to ‘hear the latest’ and DJ Christian sent an early hours tweet boasting about the 5.30am hoax call to the King Edward VII Hospital, in central London, that was transferred by the nurse working on reception Jacintha Saldanha.
    She has now been found dead. As the tragedy unfolded, the station faced growing calls from around the world to the sack the two presenters.

This evening, the owners of the radio station which employed the duo announced that they will not return to their show until further notice.
    eta..
    I hadn't realised that Nurse Saldanha was actually working the switchboard and was not the nurse giving out the info...
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Fri, Dec 7th, 2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: add eta
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Duchess due to give birth in July

The baby expected by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge is due in July, St James's Palace has announced. A spokesman added that the duchess's condition continued to improve since she spent time in hospital last month suffering from severe morning sickness.
    Her treatment for hyperemesis gravidarum - more commonly experienced by women carrying twins - led to press speculation about a double birth.
    But the latest announcement confirms Kate is expecting just one baby.
    "Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to confirm they are expecting a baby in July," said the spokesman.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Baby will be Prince or Princess - legal change made so a girl wouldn't just be 'Lady'

"The Queen has been pleased by Letters Patent under the Great Seal of the Realm dated 31 December 2012 to declare that all the children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales should have and enjoy the style, title and attribute of royal highness with the titular dignity of Prince or Princess prefixed to their Christian names or with such other titles of honour." Without the new decree, a boy would have been called a Prince, but a girl would have been titled "Lady," as she would not have been first in line to succeed to the throne.

The Queen's formal declaration is in line with Parliament's plan to make an amendment that would allow for any royal baby, no matter its gender, to become the heir to the throne of England. In other words, the Queen's actions signal that she supports the idea that a female child born first would succeed to the throne.

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/pare...190400758.html
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Jan 16th, 2013 at 07:25 AM.
    wolfwoman likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Intereasingly, part of the act will make raping a female recognised as being in direct succession to the throne as treason. Previously, that was a protection offered to the king's and prince of Wales's wives.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information