User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I went to metro today in toronto and they wouldn't accept printed cpns (I wanted to buy the cereal on sale). The manager there said that they won't be reimbursed for them. Has anyone else encountered this?

They also wouldn't give overage for a product under the price of the cpn. For instance, the glade oil starter kit on sale for $3.99 plus a $5 cpn. They only gave me $3.99 off. But when I was in wm earlier, the guy gave me the overage.
    This thread is currently associated with: Metro

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

so sorry things didn't work out like you planned. I don't believe that metro takes printables but I could be wrong...it might not be chain-wide if they do...maybe each manager decides (?).
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

ellis123
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Metro does not accept printable that you do on your printer. They accept save.ca mailed coupons or manufacturers coupons that are mailed or tearpad coupons. Also they do not do overages like Walmart. See the metro coupon policy

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

As stated, Metro does not accept printed, they would be reimbursed if they are legit ones, but for them its easier to not guess if they are copies etc. The only printed coupons they accept are the Metro ones from their site or social media pages

They also do not get overage, its a grey area because the coupon specifies that you get $5 off a stated product, but by getting overage, you are saving off products owned by other companies. If it was the BOGO coupon, it is up to $5 in which case WM's policy also does not allow for overage
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a similar issue when using printables at my local Metro store. I took them to Freshco and had success there.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

back when they had the printable lean cuisine freebies on facebook, i redeemed them at metro no problems at all. (i had three, one my bf printed at work, one i printed and one my mother in law printed.) i think it really depends on the store itself

Teen Couponer
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Food Basics does not accept printed coupons. I'm guessing Metro isn't either
    Join instaGC.ca! Get PAID for doing simple offers, searching the web, completing surveys, and watching videos! I'll help you get started!
    Every gift card requested is instant (even PayPal)! No waiting. Oh, and of course it's free!

Thread Information