User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Walmart grrrrr!

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I'm getting SICK of Walmarts poor cashiers that they seem to continue to hire. I went to go get some Crest Rinse Travel Size and I had maybe 10 coupons (left lots..they were just restocked) and it was so PAINFUL...

There were approximately a bajillion problems that came up for this cashier. And I apologize in advance for my poor writing skills. I just need to rant and get your opinion. Its so hard to rant with paying attention to grammar! You JUST want to get it all out!

to every couponers worst dream, the "per purchase" and "per transaction" fiasco came up...plus she had to circle EVERY SINGLE expiry date on EVERY SINGLE COUPON...plus she had to ask about EVERY SINGLE coupon AND she ended up CANCELLING my transaction without me even knowing! I ended up walking out of there empty handed because she then proceeded to tell me that in order to get my products, I will have to ring up 27 items (Dawn, Finish, Vileda, toothpaste, cream, milk, shampoo, etc) on seperate bills..you have got to be kidding me. And on top of that she had to call over her supervisor who didn't understand that Per Purchase is per ONE ITEM not a transaction! I kept trying to tell him, but no didn't understand..had to call 2 managers apparently and they both agreed. I don't think you understood me. Kept trying to tell him but no, he wouldn't budge on his choice. So I said FINE give me my coupons and I am LEAVING!

and she decided that JUST when we were almost finished with all the products, just the mouthwash left, she said no forget it you can use this coupon you can't complete your transaction...and after talking she goes ok I am cancelling it without even waiting for my response.

Please, give me your opinion on what you would do. I felt so so bad for the people waiting in the line Has Walmart ever given you a kick to the butt?

ahh feels good to get it out!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Lovetoshop and Shirnette like this.
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Sorry about your awful shopping ordeal. I've been having similar issues with WM in my neighbourhood so I totally understand . WM clearly has issues with " giving good customer service". We should all boycot shopping there and let them figure out their problem...

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

BTW I posted a thread not too long ago so you can check it out... What location was it?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I had this same problem and I called head office right in front of the cashier, csm, they even had there accountant at the til because I was refusing to do 6 diff transactions for my 6 products. On speaker phone jacked up and I had the lady on the phone explain to everyone what one per purchase ment. BTW head office informed me on a separate call (same problem same store) that if you tell the csm to call HO they Have to make the call. I think the wording use of more than one coupon per product is strictly prohibited throws them off.
    Angela273 and nana2276 like this.
    orange

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirnette View Post
    BTW I posted a thread not too long ago so you can check it out... What location was it?

yup checked it out already. It was the one in South Common which I find is not one of my favourites but sometimes is..depends on the cashier i guess

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What do you expect for minimum wage???

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Walmart is one of those mega corporations where their service could be worse than doggy doo on the bottom of your shoe and people would still shop there. So until they drastically lose business, nothing will change.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

which sorta really sucks ^^^

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    I had this same problem and I called head office right in front of the cashier, csm, they even had there accountant at the til because I was refusing to do 6 diff transactions for my 6 products. On speaker phone jacked up and I had the lady on the phone explain to everyone what one per purchase ment. BTW head office informed me on a separate call (same problem same store) that if you tell the csm to call HO they Have to make the call. I think the wording use of more than one coupon per product is strictly prohibited throws them off.
    this is awesome info,
    i'm gonna try this next time. ....Yup i am pretty sure there will be a time when this happens again to me.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

And they used to be my go to place to coupon. Lately, though, it has been the last place.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Had a terrible experience myself at WM in S Catharines. The cashier told me there was a 6 coupon limit per product...have never heard of this, then want to just take the $2.22 off my Zanatc and not give me the overage! I asked if she wanted coupons at the beginning or end, she said "as long as you have all the products." I thought I had misheard her, how rude! Then starting ringing everything in. when I finally gave her my coupons, she made me dig through all my already packed bags to find each product, then read EVERY WORD, front and back. Took forever!! I sent an email to cust service, I will NEVER go to this store again!! I am all about RCSS now, there is a cashier that even goes through her personal coupon binder as she cashes you out, and NEVER gives me a hassle. Yay Antoinette!
    linnyeg, FrugalKris and acosta like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    58 (98%)

That sucks, but I think it depends on the cashier. I went to that location this morning and had no problems using my toothpaste coupons, along with some others.

However, I did run into the same problem at the Walmart at Square One; they said the store manager required them to interpret "per purchase" as "per transaction". So they took me to customer service and did 10 separate transactions... What a waste of time!

Walmart used to be so good with coupons but lately, I find myself going elsewhere who has better customer service with price matching and accepting coupons.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

CouponingQueen i know how you feel!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It really sounds like bad management not teaching their employees properly rather than just plain bad employees. Most people don't know anything about coupons.

And honestly if my managers were as clueless as you make it sound, I would probably be on the wrong track too and be afraid of screwing up because they're teaching cashiers incorrect information.

Not everybody knows as much about coupons as we do. Yes, it's common sense to us who know, but maybe she never uses coupons and doesn't understand the lingo. All you can do is call HO and make them retrain their management and in turn retrain their staff, don't get upset with the bottom rung on the ladder. She can't call the shots and only knows what she's been taught.
    MillieH and Shirnette like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Time to call head office, this is unacceptable.

I also find that, some cashiers weren't trained properly on coupon policy. From the same store, some cashiers are super efficient but some are clueless about coupon. I found untrained cashier often left the till to go ask someone for approval of the coupon instead of reading and deciding it for themselves. Very frustrating when I came across such cashier. They came back to deny me the coupon only have me to point out their mistake and then the cashier took off again, back and forth a few times while people behind the line getting mad at me. WM sucks sometimes.
    Last edited by Decaf; Fri, May 17th, 2013 at 08:46 PM.
    CouponingQueen likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information