Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Coupon Queen
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

At Zellers on the 17th I got:
    Tooth brush for $1.69 - $2.00cpn
    Kandoo Shampoo .01 x 2
    Dove Gift Set (50% off) $4.98 - $2.50cpn = $2.48

On the 18th I got everything in the picture for $5.48 including tax. The tags were 50% off so I paid .50 and the lunch bags were .10 each (a big Thank You to the person who posted about them The gift sets were 50% off and then used my coupons

This thread is currently associated with: Zellers

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

How did you get the Kandoo fo a penny? Was that with a coupon?

Great buy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Wow - I love the gift sets - The Dove bag is really nice.

Awesome job

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

wow great shopping!!
    now you're making me want to go shopping....and I can't because of the snow storm

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mpbabes View Post
    How did you get the Kandoo fo a penny? Was that with a coupon?

Great buy
    I was told by a manager that the reason items ring up at .01 is because the vendor has recalled a product. The store is given credit for the products and are required to throw them out. Needless to say the store isn't losing any money over it.

Not sure what the recall would have been for but if the item is to be consumed, or applied to skin in this case I would err on the cautionary side and not use the products.

In any event, it could be possible that the product batch does not meet Canada's health and safety standard.

I for one would rather be safe then sorry.

Coupon Queen
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I don't know about the .01 items being recalled items because a few mths ago toothbrushes similar to the one in the picture were ringing in for .01 they are now selling the same toothbrushes for $6.99. So maybe it just has to do with something in their system. I will try to call Pampers and see if there has been a recall and let everybody know what I find out.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2three View Post
    I don't know about the .01 items being recalled items because a few mths ago toothbrushes similar to the one in the picture were ringing in for .01 they are now selling the same toothbrushes for $6.99. So maybe it just has to do with something in their system. I will try to call Pampers and see if there has been a recall and let everybody know what I find out.
    Yes, please let us know what you hear back!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Are all the gift sets on 50% now.....

S J
    Female
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

i got the same Kandoo shampoo , yesterday for 89 cents.My zellers had the story that ringing at 1cent is not the price but a code for us to tell the product was discontinued and if i want it i will get it a the shelf price of similar products.
    JOIN ME AND GET FREE GIFT CARDS! CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jainshilpi{earn by daily searches}

http://www.leadprizes.com/members/register.php?ref=sj23{earn by completing P T C offers}

Pm me for help!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2three View Post
    I have checked the exact same items that all of you are finding for .01 cent, often within hours of a post, or within the same day and the products do not ring up for that price. Believe me, a price change does not occur that quickly in retail. Sometimes it can take days.

As far as an announced recall by a company. Those are always posted in store at the service desk. A company internally requested recall of a product to remove from shelf is sent directly from the vendor to the retailer.

I would also be leary of toothbrushes ringing up for .01 cents and would decline to purchased based on the fact that knock off of popular brands were getting into store that were fatally flawed. I.e. The consumer who stated that the bristles dislodged from the brushes almost creating a choking hazzard.

Regardless, my point is...buyer beware.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My cashier told me the Kandoo was a "discontinued" item and was supposed to be removed from the shelf. I only bought one but i also read on this site that it is possible that it was a "recalled" item. I have yet to find a recall notice on the web but i dumped mine down the drain anyways.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

nice deals
    SwagBucks.com - the premiere digital dollar. Earn SwagBucks to redeem for great prizes. Amazon.ca are available here!

LeadPrizes.com - I have redeemed for $6 into my PayPal account in just under two weeks. You can too with this awesome PTC site!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have an immediate family member who is a manager for SDM. They have what are called "penny scans" where they have a list of discontinued items (either because the packaging is changing, the vendor isn't making it any more, it's not selling, etc.). The store gets credit for it from the vendor, and it goes into the store's system as 1 cent. The store can either throw it out, or sell it at whatever clearout price they choose to. It doesn't mean that the item has been recalled. When that's the case, they clear the shelves of the item ASAP (sometimes, the vendor will come in to remove the items).

HTH!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Very nice gifts sets! Thumbs up!

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

oh nice! i hope i am allowed to use my olay coupons on the gift sets! (i hope there are sitll some left!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information