Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Changes in SOF policy group again

Luc
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Hi all

I walked into my local PriceSmart to be blinded sided by a change in policy!

The new policy states for high volume couponers ( I guess they determine what that means) to a limit of purchasing 3 items - whether we price matched or not use coupon stacks or not etc.

I asked for a copy they didn't have one for me - it was read out a limit of "3 cases" - I said I didn't have 3 cases worth of anything!???? So once again it's left up to an individual cashier to guess what it means! So I was only able to get 3 of the same item today. I didn't want a lot I was actually getting 6 items and the cashier was snarky and questioned why I needed 6 and that it was a ridiculous number and continued stating " you couponers take everything off the shelf" I was so mad! Felt like I was treated like garbage!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, PriceSmart, Save on Foods
    Lattelady and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Ouch! Which location?
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Luc
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

PriceSmart in Coquitlam! They said the policy came from H/O and I Plan to call tomorrow!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

The revision is for high volume stacking only I think. I don't buy a lot so shouldn't affect me. However, hope stacking can last at least until the end of this year so I can have a GREAT GREAT Christmas & New Year.
    hopesdreams likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by paylessgetmore View Post
    The revision is for high volume stacking only I think. I don't buy a lot so shouldn't affect me. However, hope stacking can last at least until the end of this year so I can have a GREAT GREAT Christmas & New Year.
    Effective immediately:
    Update to special orders: a limit of three cases can be ordered (this limit spans across flavours/scents). There will be more information about this new rule as we hear more, but this is, apparently, for all Save On Foods, as it was imposed by Head Office.
    These are the rules

• Limit of THREE cases per item. This limit applies across flavours/scents (eg. if you are ordering GreenWorks, you could order ONE all purpose cleaner, ONE cleaner with bleach, and ONE bathroom cleaner. *** NOT THREE CASES OF EACH PRODUCT***
    • It does not matter whether the product has one in a case or 12 in a case. THREE cases is THREE cases
    • This rule applies for the sale week. So THREE cases per customer between the Friday and Thursday week.
    • This rule MUST be adhered to with no fishy business please. Please do not ask other family members to order for you. Our suppliers may begin to withhold payment of coupons because of the large quantities. Please do not go to different locations to place more than one order and please be honorable!
    • Finally, if the above rules are not adhered to, your couponing privileges may be revoked.

These rules are subject to change at any time.

Luc
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Thanks for this! I was trying to explain to the cashier it was for large volumes and I wasn't buying a large amount!

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

Not criticizing the story here, because it is obvious the cashier had no understanding of the policy but wanted to state a concern of mine about stacking in general.

I think that the stores are being very generous to allow the stacking and that it is my personal opinion if someone is buying that much stuff i.e., more than 3 cases of stuff it is not for personal use. I realize some do buy for charity but we have to remember do we want it for charity or let the stacking continue? If we aren't careful, they will limit it to 2 items per person like LD did OR cancel it all together.
    Last edited by debragirl31; Sun, Oct 20th, 2013 at 08:45 AM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by debragirl31 View Post
    Not criticizing the story here, because it is obvious the cashier had no understanding of the policy but wanted to state a concern of mine about stacking in general.

I think that the stores are being very generous to allow the stacking and that it is my personal opinion if someone is buying that much stuff i.e., more than 3 cases of stuff it is not for personal use. I realize some do buy for charity but we have to remember do we want it for charity or let the stacking continue? If we aren't careful, they will limit it to 2 items per person like LD did OR cancel it all together.

I absolutely agree. Stacking will come to an end by the end of the year I fear. Donations to charity are great but when the reason you're doing it is the adrenaline rush from couponing and it's ruining the ability to coupon for other people it's just wrong. (That is just MY opinion.)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

i can see why they did that.

i was at my local SOF last Friday, apologized a bit for using ~3 stacks of coupons (I don't normally use too many stacks at a time). the CSR told me that what i had was nothing, as the other day he processed three transactions which totalled more than $1200 and it took him 2 hours due to the use of coupons. wow.
    Leigh-Anne and thriftygranny like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

I was told that they are putting a stop to a lot of couponing because of people selling they stock piles and people selling getting items to sell in corner stores
    Leigh-Anne likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

It irks me so bad that my ability to get a few extra items for my family or Christmas presents will be ruined because of people's selfishness. I was at Costco last night and the cashier and customer in front of me were friends and they were bragging about how between them they got over 100 boxes of tampons or pads at Save-On this week because they were 2/$5 and they used the save $5 WUB 2 coupon. RIDICULOUS. I don't care if they went to different stores or did it in several different transactions. I know this isn't an example of stacking but it's an example of ridiculous excessive behaviour that will ruin the coupon experience and ability of everyone else. Yes the store can order in the stock but eventually the manufacturer's will realize what's happening and will either not print such awesome coupons anymore or they will put limits on how many the stores can accept/redeem. (This is not a rant at anyone in particular ... just a vent about my personal feelings regarding couponing and stacking in large volumes. I can almost guarantee that Save-On will go back to their former restrictive wording again by the new year if they don't eliminate stacking all together.)
    DianneS and redhdlois like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

yes what people don't realize is that for every people that stacks and this is an example only. So you use 4 coupons for 1 product 3 people buying that same product can not use a coupon. That is how the store is getting away with the manufacture with the inventory receipts. But with the huge volume now going out of the stores and people bragging about selling on the internet in video and in news reports regular families will no longer be able to help out their families. Some bad apples always have to spoil it for everyone else.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Here is a copy of an ad found on Craigslist today. People like THIS are what ruin it for all of us.

Poster - if you are on SC you KNOW this is ILLEGAL and you are ruining couponing for the rest of us!

HALF PRICE CLEANING PRODUCTS, TOILETRIES ETC - $1 (Mission)
    I've decided to start paying myself for extreme couponing. This stuff is all new in packages, NOT stolen and all brand new.
    I'm willing to make different "lots" , message me with your budget and wish list and ill see what I can do.
    Things I've got in stock

Cleaning products
    Toilet paper
    Paper towel
    Deodorant (women dove)
    Aveno body wash and lotion
    Dove hair spray
    Tooth paste , crest pro, 3d white, arm and hammer
    Laundry soap
    Dish soap
    Etc... You get the idea. I'm working on cheap diapers and other items. Message me if you're interested !
    *note the photo posted is an example of a basket I've sold.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

These types of people will always be out there unfortunately.Retailers should be more than aware of that fact and limits should have been imposed when stacking returned.It frustrates me to no end.To the people that think they are stacking and selling for profit, I say you are fools, I am sure if you add up the time you spend looking for inserts and coupons,sneaking around stores helping yourself to full tear pads, clipping, shopping,organizing the stacks, the gas, and then having randoms coming to your house to buy your contraband, you be would far better off actually getting a job and having some self worth.I know how much of my own valuable time it takes to do the small amount of stacking I do and I can't imagine doing much more without losing time with my family, work and hobbies, they must live and breathe couponing, living for the thrill of the deal and to fulfill the need to hoard. There were 2 very pleasant ladies in Target on Tuesday couponing and they had two carts absolutely full of Glad garbage bags, while they were very nice and offered to let me take a few(I was looking to buy 2 packages) for myself from their cart I was astounded 2 people needed that many garbage bags.i hope stacking lasts and I am sure it could if the store set some better boundaries and the crazies get some therapy.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Thu, Oct 24th, 2013 at 01:48 AM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

now, by "case" do they mean like 3 of the product, or literally 3 cases, as in the products get shipped with 24 per case/box (for example) ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information