User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By ancarett

Thread: Anyone else notice that emailed coupons cause havoc with coupons

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last night I went to SDM with some emailed coupons and manufacturers coupons. One emailed SDM coupon was for -2$ on Orly nail polish. There was a cute package of 5 for clearance of $4 the E-Offer takes off the $2 but I also bought Revlon Nail polish on sale for $2.99 and the E-offer was applied to it? I had the Revlon -$2 coupon and the cashier entered it but note that it appears on my receipt as Vendor cpn 2001 0.00. The same thing happened last week when I bought body wash - the ecoupon specified a type but continued to take the $ value off a different brand of body wash and my coupon appeared at 0.00. Not sure how to plan for this since you can't see this all happening on the cash register. Anyone else have this happen? It is not an issue when the coupon and e-offer are the same value but in the body wash example my coupon was worth more but the e-offer seemed to dominate.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

With every big shop, it's important to be a few dollars over the limit in case something scans lower so you can cover yourself if something like this comes up.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, Oct 21st, 2013 at 08:23 AM.
    bibiee and ottawacouponlady like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

A few months back I had an email coupon for x% off a purchase of $Y. If I used coupons, those appeared but then the deduction on that item from the % off was adjusted to be less - giving me a total of 25%. I'd have been better NOT to have used the coupons and saved them for another day.

So, yes, sometimes SDM's own coupons wreak havoc with other coupon use, sorry you had a similarly frustrating experience.
    ottawacouponlady likes this.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Yes! I have the nail polish coupon 'issue' too. It's nice because with my $1.00 coupon I accidentally got a Revlon polish for free. However it totally mucked up my 18500 WUS $75 transaction. I'm actually writing Shoppers to get this remedied. Nice that I was surprised by a $2 savings - not cool to miss out on $25 worth of points.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    147 (100%)

Yes, I found out the hard way tonight that these e-mail coupons don't count toward your total for points. I guess I should have known. I did all the right things, asked for subtotal, looked at points I would get before giving optimum…. but then the e-coupon just reduced the price of the item, wasn't really a 'coupon' at all.
    They really need to add a feature to their cash which would show the points you will get before you pay. It would save sooooo many headaches - for them and us!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Well I wasnt very impressed by my 'usual' sdm yesterday. I had shoppers ecoupon for $4 off Nivea cream tub and I had $3 off manufacturers coupon and yesterday I was told it was double dipping which is not allowed. I tried to explain that one is SDM and one is manufacturers but the cashier didnt buy it in. Anyhow, I just finished the transaction by not making a fuss but going to go find another location that is a bit better at SDM email promos and manufacturers coupons.

Thread Information