User Tag List

Page 92 of 272 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 4070
Like Tree9953Likes

Thread: Dollarama Grabs!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    158 (100%)

Today I bought a Power Balance bracelet..... I had seen them at pharmacies for $29.99... they are the holographic bracelets tht are supposed to be good for you. I got them for $3. I looked on the www.powerbalance.com website and they were retailing for the $29.99.
    Last edited by canadiankris; Sat, Nov 2nd, 2013 at 09:23 PM.
    seylz_gurl likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For the dog owners out there, there were bags on board waste bags, 8 for $2
    I always see them in the petstores for over $10/pack!
    Melissa13 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anyone seen the Kiwi insoles at any location in Niagara? I've checked 4 in st catharines so far - no luck. thanks!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Saw today anchor hocking serving plates and nice pie plates. Bakers secret cake pans, a Boyd's bear (Beary sorry you're down, feel better soon!) never heard of these before but super cute and says retail $9.99 on the back. $3.
    Also bought Mario/luigi/yoshi/bowser k'nex toys for stocking stuffers $2 each
    anisa likes this.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (97%)

Dollarrama is a great place to shop, but never work for them. I was a cashier in Regina in 2011 and never got paid for 1 of my 4 hour shifts. I reported them to the Sk Labour Board later, but still never got paid. . Could not get paid from their manger either, who could not even remember who I was. Only benefits they had for workers were health and dental insurance. Seriously, a terrible, crappy employer.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a good friend who's worked for them for 5 years and she loves her job with them. Pay is typical retail pay but she totally appreciates the health insurance, better than nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Tierra Lemieux View Post
    Dollarrama is a great place to shop, but never work for them. I was a cashier in Regina in 2011 and never got paid for 1 of my 4 hour shifts. I reported them to the Sk Labour Board later, but still never got paid. . Could not get paid from their manger either, who could not even remember who I was. Only benefits they had for workers were health and dental insurance. Seriously, a terrible, crappy employer.

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

My sister started working there a few months ago and she loves knowing what new stock comes in but she says her manager is a total jerk and he threatens the employees and they're treated like criminals as if they are stealing things every day having their bags checked upon leaving. Sounds like a nightmare but I'm sure it varies depending on location.

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tierra Lemieux View Post
    So sorry about your experience. I must say though, like every employer, different employees will have different experiences & opinions.It depends where you are on the totem pole etc. At least they have insurance benefits.A lot of large /larger & more popular companies are cr@p too.. they may seem to be so good on the outside or praised by certain staff but they take on ppl from agencies, never hire them even when they do excellent work (more & better than regular staff) for years,pay agency workers cheap, don't pay benefits(besides vacation pay) & treat selected ppl like kings & queens while others are taken for granted. It's a doggy dog world out there ..Try not to be too bitter...use it as a learning experience & move on.Good luck!
    Last edited by Shirnette; Wed, Nov 6th, 2013 at 03:46 AM.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyles_Mama View Post
    My sister started working there a few months ago and she loves knowing what new stock comes in but she says her manager is a total jerk and he threatens the employees and they're treated like criminals as if they are stealing things every day having their bags checked upon leaving. Sounds like a nightmare but I'm sure it varies depending on location.
    My employer requires bag checks as well, but we usually just laugh about it while having it done, because most of us are honest people.
    I don't find it offensive at all, because I've seen many genuinely nice people that I've worked with in the past been caught stealing product and money from the tills.
    Amanda83 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    My employer requires bag checks as well, but we usually just laugh about it while having it done, because most of us are honest people.
    I don't find it offensive at all, because I've seen many genuinely nice people that I've worked with in the past been caught stealing product and money from the tills.
    I was previously in a job when I was younger that required bag checks as well, no one really cared about. They checked everyone's bag, not like they were singling anyone out. Sad thing was, people still stole all the time, bag checks did nothing.

Coupon Junkie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyles_Mama View Post
    Most every retail store does bag checks for employees...I rember my first retail employer and they checked my bags on my first day all I was thinking was "WTH THEY DON"T TRUST ME!????!!!!" But it's more about "prevention before detention" thing they have to scare you to not steal.
    Amanda83 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh the days of working retail...glad they are long past for me. It takes a special kind of person to deal with customers all day long and I was not that special person. However, to those of you who do work retail, and especially at dollarama, thank you! I quite like my local dollarama which is staffed by helpful, kind folks.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Soooo... anyone find any good deals lately?
    Sweet Saver and Shirnette like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Go Jays..as a matter of fact ..yes.. they have (at least mine did) the Ziploc christmas containers with the coupons on them.. all sizes and colors ONLY $2~~~~!. i was in awe.. go go go!
    Sweet Saver and GoJays like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If people don't like having their bags checked, you'd hate some of the employers around here. You MUST bring a clear purse/bag so all your contents are visible, it saves the bag checks.

I bought some of the round Ziploc containers because they are handy for baking. The packaging is from last year and the coupons all expired in April, just in case anyone buys them hoping for great coupons

Page 92 of 272 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast

Thread Information