User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Trading Score
    187 (98%)

I have never personally tried SCOP as I am not fully educated and dont want to embarrass myself. I just wait until they give it to me at the advertised price or dont buy it. But my opinion is pretty much like the rest. They arent expecting most people to catch the price difference and when they do are not likely to return to the store of purchase so this is their way of making more money. Most people dont use scop and the store benefits from it.

So to sum it up Haleine. Dont worry about what someone else thinks. There are alot of people who are grateful for your postings and if the store was "losing" money then they just wouldnt participate in the SCOP program... like zellers, who has everything incorrectly priced.

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (80%)

even i didnt scoped ever, but my thumbs up to you....yesterday i corrected the price on 3 items at RCSS but forgot to SCOP...after reading this post now i regret!

not quite a "Loonie"
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

OMG. LEts be honest. We're all here because we like to save money. HOw many of us send save.ca coupons to our neighbors or friends to take extra advantage of their great deals! Well......Haleine is doing the exact same thing and helping us save with scop. Part of my job is a ghost shopper and I know for a fact that the cashiers are many times too lazy (or whatever) to actually make arrangements to correct the price immediately after the scop takes place. Why not take advantage of this? GOOD JOB HALEINE! I noted those scops that you wrote, and went to my walmart and took advantage of 2 of them (the others were fixed by the time I got there) I don't feel guilty either! nor did I go running out to my car and scream "staaart the car" LOL (ok, had to add that part--this is getting way too serious)
    Last edited by gotagetitfree; Fri, Jan 2nd, 2009 at 06:06 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Check the Chapman's icecream. They seem to have various prices on the ones here and I SCOPd a few of them. The price seems to have gone from $4.27 to $5.37.

jlh
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

Think the price for travel size Puff went up to $0.64 now in my WalMart, at least on the price tag portion, believe used to be $0.58. Maybe more travel size products will go up the price?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I would like to thank everyone that has posted info on SCOP. Before this site I had no clue about it. I also couldn't even begin to tell you how many times I got home and noticed that I was over charged for something. We have all been in that boat when you get home and look at your receipt only to notice that you were over changed and figure it's only a couple of cents or a few bucks and not worth your time or money to go back in and stand in line, especially since the line ups at customer service desks can be soooo long.

This week I bought at mouse at bestbuy, rang up as $49.00 self price and flyer price was $14.99. With SCOP the wireless mouse ended up costing me $4.99 Today went to SDM picked up 2 packs of Advil that were suppose to be $7.99 (one day special) rang in at $9.99, paid $7.99 for one and ended up getting one for free

So to all the people including OP, I just want to say thank you! Not once has a cashier ever offered SCOP.
    Last edited by krisdeals; Sat, Jan 3rd, 2009 at 01:34 AM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by misri View Post
    even i didnt scoped ever, but my thumbs up to you....yesterday i corrected the price on 3 items at RCSS but forgot to SCOP...after reading this post now i regret!
    its not up to you to "remember the scop". YOU point out you were charged wrong, THEY have agreed to fix it by honouring the scanning code.

its not too late after you have left, make a complaint to their email/phone customer service and/or the 1-800 scop line. most likely when you have to complain to get it resolved you end up better off then if they had done it right, eg provide a gc worth more then the item would have been free.

part of what they have agreed to by displaying the scop is that all staff have been trained on it, as hard as that is to believe with what usually happens.

People insisting on it or complaining after when not done correctly will make it better for everyone

100% of cases phoned to the 1-800 reported resolved in 2007. these places don't want any trouble with this, they know the alternative is government regulation.

addicted to coupon trains couponkristin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

scoop is rewarding you for doing their job. You can't make more than $10 at it, and if the store staff did their jobs they'd work an hour putting in the right prices. You just made an hour of their wage (or less). Should they be the ones doing the work? Sure! Unfortunately, they missed their chance.

addicted to coupon trains couponkristin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

btw, the odds of a scoop 'deal' that is posted on here actually being the same at 2 stores is so slim. Your SDM putting cheese at the wrong price does not predict that mine will too. You can brag or be excited but don't advertise like I can go out and get the same thing, it rarely works that way.

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

I agree with posting SCOP finds out there because stores are increasing prices and not putting the staff on the floor to change the shelf labels, so they should pay for there mistakes.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

sometimes when i try to use it, they say o look the price tag is expired, so it doesn't apply. anyone know if this is true or not. i don't look at dates when i pic up items, i assume the price displayed is current, how is it my fault the staff didn't remove it.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kool_105 View Post
    sometimes when i try to use it, they say o look the price tag is expired, so it doesn't apply. anyone know if this is true or not. i don't look at dates when i pic up items, i assume the price displayed is current, how is it my fault the staff didn't remove it.
    i just did some research, and apparently i was lied to,
    The displayed price was expired, does the SCOP apply?
    Yes, if any displayed price for that item is lower than the price the item scans for Scanning Code applies.
    now i will know next time it comes up. one thing good about living in Quebec, is all stores are required by law to have scop, and it isn't voluntary.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Interestingly enough, the news is always talking about having to raise prices due to shop lifting and other losses. What's never talked about is corporate fraud. I once took a university course which explained that corporations make double the amount of money that is lost to shoplifting by not changing prices on advertised products or overcharging at the till. They depend on people to not notice. Three weeks ago I was almost overcharged $40 on an electric Martini blender at Home Outfitters. It was a wedding gift for a couple that was with me and I have to tell you I hummed and hawed about whether I should go back in and get my money due to embarassment. I did and when I asked the clerk if there was any incentive to reimburse me for my trouble she replied" we only do that on groceries." Further to this, they made me go get the sign which advertised the sale myself. Thankfully, my friends were highly supportive of my action and there was no cause for my being embarrassed.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

exactly, so many people do not even bother thinking its embarasing, the same people who refuse to use coupons, myself i don't care if its 10cents, its my 10cents.if i was short 10cents no way would they let me leave the store, so why give them any extra money.
    Last edited by kool_105; Sat, Jan 3rd, 2009 at 03:21 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am fully supportive of the SCOP. I am a walmart addict and am not going in the store simply to walk out with free things. Yet, everytime I enter the store and get to the checkout at least 2-5 items ring in at higher prices. The average overage they would charge me each time seems to be in the $50 range. If this happened to every shopper that doesn't watch the scanned prices the amount the stores are making is phenominal. Several years ago this policy was posted at customer service and at the tellers in Atlantic Canada but no more. Quite frankly using SCOP is going to benefit the consumers and should be used more often everywhere.

When I discussed this with the walmart store manager they gave me the impression that all prices were adjusted by the corp office. I contacted corp and was told the opposite. There are two stores in this area that are 10 min apart, if corp handled the adjusting it would explain how the "mistakes" can be found in each store. Beginning to think it is a conspiracy to make more profit. So kudos to all who use SCOP.....it is the only way to save the folks who don't pay as much attention at the cash as they should. Let's face it, the percentage that watch the scanned prices is low in comparison to how many people shop.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information