User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

*EDIT* So, I popped into Wal Mart for some groceries and decided to test the previous items to see if the prices had been changed. Nope, not one of them was scanning correctly.

I found a Wal Mart employee stocking shelves in the Health and Beauty Aid department and struck up a conversation with her, it sorta went like this:

Me: "I purchased these three items three days ago and none of them scanned correctly so I received them free per the SCOP policy so I decided to check again and they still are still scanning at higher than the shelf price."

Her: "oh, what is SCOP?"

Me: I explained SCOP

Her: "So you can get them free again." (with smiles I might add)

Me: "No, I didn't come here for these but thought I should tell someone again."

Her: "Well, we almost never change the price, I have taken down the shelf labels before but have never been told to update the computer system...you should take them to the cashier and get them free again, I will go with you".

I declined, shook my head and left.

So once again, another shining example of "staff who just don't care".

Head's Up!

YMMV - The cottonelle travel pack wipes that were selling at Wal Mart for $.98 are now selling at $1.18. Still a great deal with the $1.00 off coupon ($.33 a pack) but no longer free.

The 8-pack of Dove soap with bonus body wash selling at $11.47 has been marked down to $9.00 clearance however they are still scanning at $11.47 - opportunity for SCOP (Wal Mart).

The Olay facial wipes with bonus moisturizer selling at $8.97 have been rolled back to $6.47 however they are still scanning at $8.97 - opportunity for SCOP (Wal Mart).

The Glade scented oil plug-ins selling at $5.87 have been rolled back to $4.97 and are still scanning at $5.87 - opportunity for SCOP (Wal Mart).

The 2in1 scented Glade candles that some have been using the $2.00 off any glade product coupon to purchase are priced at $2.78 and scanning at $3.97 - opportunity for SCOP (RCSS).
    This thread is currently associated with: Olay, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart
    Last edited by Haleine; Sat, Jan 3rd, 2009 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Update on products verified today

Jenny~Bear
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Wow I am gonna go check those out at WM tomorrow

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

oh cool...thanks for the heads up!

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

im scared to use scop. the people at walamrt hate me already

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Thanks! will try to go there Tomorrow.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I know I went to WM yesterday and they scanned at 1.18$ I already emailed head office an complained about the rude cashier. Does all WM have them at 1.18$ or jsut certain ones. Im heading back to Oshaw ain a wee or so and might stop in there (never have roblems with coupons there). How does this SCOP work do you jsut mention it at the cash or have to go to the customer service.

Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Thanks for letting us know.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just got some of the cottonelle travel packs priced at 1.18, Looked for the glade scented plug ins at 497 they had none, but a Dr. Scholls chritmas gift pack that scanned at full price not half and was told clearance stuff does not qualify for Scop, also bought something else that was ticketed the right price and scanned at a higher price and was told that products with correct stickers even though they scan wrong do not qualify for scop either.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki911 View Post
    I know I went to WM yesterday and they scanned at 1.18$ I already emailed head office an complained about the rude cashier. Does all WM have them at 1.18$ or jsut certain ones. Im heading back to Oshaw ain a wee or so and might stop in there (never have roblems with coupons there). How does this SCOP work do you jsut mention it at the cash or have to go to the customer service.

I just pay for it at whatever price and then head straight to the customer service desk and they do it their. I am afraid if I say something to the cashier they will either just overide the price or get a CSM to do that and not use the SCOP.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Clearance does qualify for SCOP it is the same as items on sale. Items that have a ticket on them DON't qualify.

I checked the one store for the glade candles and they are still coming up for the sale price. They are madly changing prices in the store I was in so if you have time you may find things that are higher than the shelf price.

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

great deals i love the SCOP

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

thanks for the heads up!
    SwagBucks.com - the premiere digital dollar. Earn SwagBucks to redeem for great prizes. Amazon.ca are available here!

LeadPrizes.com - I have redeemed for $6 into my PayPal account in just under two weeks. You can too with this awesome PTC site!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheapskate101 View Post
    I use to be the same way, than I got smart! I found the SCOP online, printed it out and stuck it in my Wallet. Now when ANY Cashier questions the policy I grab it, and point out EXACTLY how the policy works as it is clearly outlined. Should they be dumb and decide to call their Manager over even after reading it themselves, they generally scan my sheet and say "Yes, she is correct", and leave it at that and I get the product under the SCOP.

Here is a link to the page about the Scanning Code of Practice straight from the Retail Council of Canada. It is complete with each detail about the practice, and also includes a list of stores that participate in it. I encourage everyone to print a copy and carry it with you at ALL times. It will save you ALOT of irritation!

http://www.retailcouncil.org/advocac...racy02_eng.asp
    Last edited by TaraF; Tue, Dec 30th, 2008 at 02:49 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (95%)

i bought some contelle fresh today and didn't get a recipet (1.18) oh well.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheapskate101 View Post
    They hate me too - so I mught as well try the scop, that can't hate me any more. Plus I get a sadistic satisfaction when the really awful supervisor is on and they have to give them to me for free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information