User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I had 2 SCOPs on boxing day... even though the cashier's tag said "customer service manager" she did not even know they had SCOP.

I said to her "shouldn't that be free?" she simply said no and carried on. I had to say it like 3 times before she would even listen.

Also thought I would add that I have been told by the managers at WM, that they train the cashiers to just OVERRIDE the price, UNLESS the customer mentions SCOP and asks for the product to be free.

I used to work at SDM, and we were told if it comes up wrong, to automatically give it free whether they ask or not. I think this is the way it should be done.

One more thing... it's a good thing for Zellers that they don't participate, b/c they would probably go out of business. Ususally more than half the stuff I buy there scans wrong. But what I like about it, is the cashier usually takes your word, you don't have to wait around while they try to check. At least that's been my experience.

Dayle

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDayle View Post
    One more thing... it's a good thing for Zellers that they don't participate, b/c they would probably go out of business. Ususally more than half the stuff I buy there scans wrong. But what I like about it, is the cashier usually takes your word, you don't have to wait around while they try to check. At least that's been my experience.

Dayle
    I just sent the exact same thing to a contact at the retail council, that it is starting to look like the scop causes more problems then it solves since some stores like walmart seem so desperate to avoid the "free" part

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

cosgirl, which walmart that you went?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by polish.princess View Post
    This is one of many reasons I DON'T shop at walmart. They are thieves. They brainwash you into thinking their prices are the lowest and they still continue to lock their workers in the store after their shifts and pay the women less than the men. Walmart sucks!

ha ha

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I too watch the items being scanned like a hawk it's amazing how many items are priced incorrectly and you end up getting it free or the lower price! exactly it's the principal of of it. The companies are making extra $ if the consumer is not watching or unaware of the SCOP practice.
    I've done it on items being overcharge even by a few cents, why should the company get my hard earned money when clearly someone wasn't doing their job properly of changing the price tag on the shelf and the computer wasn't updated? Not my problem, I do feel bad for the cashier's though there's a hard job to do!

jlh
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

Think my WalMart is smart, they mostly don't even post the roll back price. Like last time with the Stayfree, I scan the product it is $2.89 but they still have original price on the shelf, the roll back sign wasn't there until weeks later. Just went to WalMart yesterday, hardly see any roll back price, thus, I think my WalMart just play trick here by not post the roll back price, then if the product is scan at the original price, then you can't do much about it, unless it is advertised.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is the second time this has happen to me at Wal mart, printable coupons they do not like them. The first time the cashier said to me you printed this off your computer I said yes, well I will have to check with my super to see if it is okay. The second time which was two days ago had the one for Campbell's chunky soup buy two get one free, same thing, same Walmart only this time she told me they had got a memo not to take any printable coupons, What's with Them!!!
    Last edited by cathy mccully; Thu, Jan 1st, 2009 at 04:57 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I went back into Walmart today and where the Glade flameless airfeshners had been and they had something else in their place - not only had they all gone from the shelves, the price tags and the rollback sign had also gone. They had about 40 of them when I was in there yesterday evening, I can't believe they hae sold them all. I'm wondering if they have put them back into the storeroom until the rollback offer has finished?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information