User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I was in Walmart today and they had the Glade flameless airfeshners on roll back to $6.97. Someone had mentioned on here that there was a SCOP on this. So I went and scanned it and sure enough it scanned at $9.98. When I took it to the checkout it scanned at $9.98 - so I pointed out it should be $6.97 as it is roll back (I checked the shelf 3 times before I put it in my cart). the cashier phoned someone who said no the roll back is wrong it should be $9.98. They refused to let me have it for the roll back price on the shelf even though the shelf said that price - or honor the SCOP. In the end I got them to void it off as here was a huge lineup and I had held people up long enough. What could/should I have done more? What would you have done? Is it worth contacting head office?

As an aside the lady behind me had the same problem with Friskies cat food, that was on rollback and they wouldn't honor the price either.

I was so ticked off I went out to my car grabbed some scrubbing bubbles vouchers, went back in and got a load more for free!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Last edited by Colsgirl; Wed, Dec 31st, 2008 at 07:28 PM.

wannabecouponlady
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I would call head office myself. that is absurd.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Basically the same thing happened to me. I contacted head office & the store manager called me but wont pick up the phone now. Im contacting head office again tomorrow.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki911 View Post
    Basically the same thing happened to me. I contacted head office & the store manager called me but wont pick up the phone now. Im contacting head office again tomorrow.
    That is interesting, I might drop them an e-mail and then i have a record of what I said. I also have my receipt showing what the item scanned for and then it being voided off.

bug
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Would you have purchased the item for $6.97? Or were you only aiming to SCOP. If you were going for SCOP only, I would have left like you did.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    I was in Walmart today and they had the Glade flameless airfeshners on roll back to $6.97. Someone had mentioned on here that there was a SCOP on this. So I went and scanned it and sure enough it scanned at $9.98. When I took it to the checkout it scanned at $9.98 - so I pointed out it should be $6.97 as it is roll back (I checked the shelf 3 times before I put it in my cart). the cashier phoned someone who said no the roll back is wrong it should be $9.98. They refused to let me have it for the roll back price on the shelf even though the shelf said that price - or honor the SCOP. In the end I got them to void it off as here was a huge lineup and I had held people up long enough. What could/should I have done more? What would you have done? Is it worth contacting head office?

As an aside the lady behind me had the same problem with Friskies cat food, that was on rollback and they wouldn't honor the price either.

I was so ticked off I went out to my car grabbed some scrubbing bubbles vouchers, went back in and got a load more for free!!!
    I think if you have cellphone with camera take a picture of shelf and send head office.....next time

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pari View Post
    I think if you have cellphone with camera take a picture of shelf and send head office.....next time
    Good idea, if they still have it as rollback on Saturday I will do that. Knowing my luck they will have taken it off the shelf.

Trading Score
    13 (93%)

I heard if they over price something u are allowed to have the item for free? So if they falsely advertised the item for under $7 and it was above $7 dollars that should be FREE.. u shouldn't even have to pay the original price u thought it was.

Trading Score
    215 (100%)

next time take the scop rules and show it to them,they are so stingy at times!
    Want free giftcards? Use Swagbucks Like Google and Earn Gift cards!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/SaiyenBlood

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

call head office

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

This is one of many reasons I DON'T shop at walmart. They are thieves. They brainwash you into thinking their prices are the lowest and they still continue to lock their workers in the store after their shifts and pay the women less than the men. Walmart sucks!

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Did you actaully ask them to recieve it free due to scop? You have to say it or they will not do it...

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You don't have to say *anything* about scop, customer doesn't have to know a thing about it. You have to point out a price error, that is all. Staff are then supposed to have someone check the price and tell you its free/$10 off. of course, we all know it rarely works the way its supposed to.

When it doesn't work I'll make an attempt to tell them, but won't get into any kind of fight in the store. But ill sure pursue it afterwards. If you want it resolved in the store get THE manager, no one else. In fact, if you disagree with whomever you are dealing with part of the SCOP is THEY are to direct you to the manager.

Making a complaint to "head office' eg the email/1-800 number call center just gets your complaint directed back to the walmart in question...some of which don't make much effort to contact you. Its fine to do that, but alos call teh scop 1-800 and leave a message for the retail council. they will get in touch with a person at walmrt designated to liasaon with them on the scop. When you report it to the council they then have to record the complaint and whether it ends up resolved, and relase the stats annually.

They say all 700 (hardly anyone ever calls the number) complaints in 2007 were resolved to the customer satisfaction, so you can see that is going to be more effective then arguing wtth the clerks.

I got a video game free on Dec 26 at walmart, a different one free on the 27, then another of the first one free on Dec 30 (only to spite them as I didn't like what happened with the supervisor the first time).

I know walmart and perhaps the scop line has alredy heard from a number of people over what went on with the games scanning wrong/staff not wanting to honour it.

this is the pamphlet they put out for STAFF
    http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...nk&cd=20&gl=ca

Its a bid odd the op was "so ticked" they went right back in to walmart and bought more stuff(using manufacturer coupon) though...thats not really showing them...
    Last edited by zoro; Thu, Jan 1st, 2009 at 01:25 AM.

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

It's still worth mentioning to head office. The stupid stores are getting really ignorant.
    My mother had a similar problem with the local walmart in her town. She went in to use the b1g1f glade oil coupons that match the ones in the flyer from the boxing day sale, and they rang in @ reg price and they refused to sell to her at the advertised price, in saying they were not the right ones. It took 20 minutes of arguing with cashier and 1 manager and still never got the issue resolved, even though the ones she was buying were the ones that were on for $5 exactly as pictured in flyer. Wouldn't honor the SCOP either, kept saying they weren't the right ones even though exactly as in flyer.
    How pathetic when we have to do the work for them and fight for the right price.
    If walmarts don't watch it, they will get bombarded with SCers showing them how to do their job.
    Last edited by maddie2008; Thu, Jan 1st, 2009 at 01:06 AM.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Trading Score
    361 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    I would have made them give it to me for free as there are to follow the SCP. If the price is wrong, then it is their fault, not yours, and it should have been free. How many people are overcharged everyday and don't realize it until they get home, and then decide that it's only a few dollars, or cents, and never bother getting their money back? I ALWAYS get my money back, even if it's only 25 cents, as it's the principal of the thing, and maybe they will fix it so that no one else gets cheated! I would have argued about it, no matter how many people are in line, they can always change lineups!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information