User Tag List

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree406Likes

Thread: Official Trade Rates 2014 - v2

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

With the increase in postage costs beginning March 31 these are the new recommended trade rates. As always, this is a guideline for you to know if a trade is fair, actual trade rates are up to the individual and any trade should be what the two people trading are happy with, regardless of guideline.

Many people thought that people wanted too much for coupons already so we are not increasing the value of the coupons, just aligning them with the cost of stamps
    Stamps will be valued at $0.85 - no SCer who is trading is really buying them individually

Traders may ask for an extra for additional postage if it is a stamp/GC trade but not if coupon for coupon as you will both be using additional stamps.
    For those who are unsure about this, say you send a user 5 stamps for a trade, you use 1 stamp to mail but they use 2 for your coupons, therefore they are not getting 5 stamps, they are getting 4 as they had to use one extra for your envie.
    If you both send coupons, the weight will be approximately the same and you use the same number of stamps for postage = no extra stamps.

Startup/Random coupon envelopes

• $50 'start up coupons' not handpicked by trader - 4 stamps
    • $100 'start up coupons' not handpicked by trader - 8 stamps / $5GC

Hand picked coupons

• $20 hand picked coupons - 4 stamps
    • $50 hand picked coupons - 8 stamps / $5 GC
    • $100 hand picked coupons - 11-15 stamps / $10 GC

HV/FPCs are usually traded for other HV/FPCs

• $10 worth of HV coupon(s) - same in HV coupons / $3 GC / $20 reg coupons
    • $10 worth of FPC coupon(s) - same in FPC coupons / $5 GC / $25 reg coupons

The 'value' of HV and FPC would be what SCers would pay for the product considering cents off coupons they would usually use and sale prices NOT max value on coupon or how expensive you can find it for to prove value.

What constitutes a Free Product Coupon (FPC): FPCs should be only those coupons that are completely free. HV coupons which allow you to get something free on the occasions it goes on sale that low are not FPCs (the sale may not come up before expiry, it includes tax etc)

What constitutes a High Value coupon (HV): HV coupons are those where you can get the product free on a great sale or 75% off the regular price. Users may also consider very rare/hard to get coupons as HV (like the $1 valid on Heinz Ketchup for example).

Generally people do not trade HV/FPCs for stamps.
    Regular coupons = 10% value ($10 coupons is worth $1)
    HV coupons = 25-33% value ($10 in coupons is worth $2.50-$3.33)
    FPCs = 33-50% value (so a FPC for a product that is regularly on sale for $10 would be worth $3.33 - $5)

I have not included the PINs etc we used to have as many of them change in value according to current redemptions. The best thing to do is to look at the sale retail price of the prize, divide by number of coupons and use the FPC rate. This is lowered if they need to send in my mail etc as there is a cost to them.

A reminder that SmartCanucks does not endorse trading SDM Optimum Points, you may get your Optimum account deactivated for trading them.

You may not charge HV/FPC rates for MIR forms (form plus valid receipt is different). I am sick of hearing of people who want $2 for a MIR form. Obviously get your postage covered.

The old thread can be found here for comparison: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/257044-...-2-0-a-canada/
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Sun, Jul 13th, 2014 at 07:27 PM.
    Insane, Mystic, ashoo and 10 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Thanks Fallen

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    angel_2011 likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

thank you!

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

Glad to see the new thread

Looking for a little advice....I was just offered 2 FPC's (Long expiry) with a maximum value of $5. In return they are asking for 15 x $4 off Sunlight laundry and 15x Free Sunlight Dishsoap wub Laundry soap from the recent Smartsource....is this a fair deal??

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 07:11 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Thank you Fallen!

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

I thought if was off too, I don't use sunlight so wasn't sure if it was expensive....and I was thinking sometimes "insert coupons" seemed to be valued less, so I wasn't sure
    Anna Michele likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Well WM has the 24 cnt laundry pacs on for $4 right now so I would consider the $4 coupon to be a FPC
    15 of them would be $60 worth of FPC

So I think the proper response would be LOLZ!!!

(eta: link 4 u)

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/sunlight.../6000036006115
    So in this case the $4 coupons are considered FPC and not HV?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 04:02 PM.
    Mia, Candini and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    This is a discussion so I am just expressing one point of view.

We know from history that Sunlight vigourously promotes its products and we are very likely to see the 24 pack of pacs on sale for $4 again (and of course you can just go get a raincheck at WM now to guarantee you get that price)

That is not as easy or as guaranteed as using a FPC so yeah I guess you call that HV but it is so HV you get the product for taxes only so isn't that like a FPC? lol

Cf. the dishwashing soap coupon. Last week FB had Sunlight 40 loads powder and 26 loads liquid on for $2.88. This week the dishwashing soap is on sale for $1.88-$2.29 (Cdn Tire, Loblaws). So you will have to pay about $4.88 to use a coupon whose average value is $2. That's a 40% savings, but on very specific products on a 1:1 ratio and you have to wait for a very good sale in the next 2-1/2 months to use the coupon. If you have a dishwasher or are a single person who uses 1 bottle of dish soap a year this coupon is a waste to you. It's not a very sexy coupon. Most people would prefer a $2 off the laundry soap vs. a free dish soap. Personally I would just trade it as a $2 coupon.

Anyway the $4 laundry soap coupon should be a hot one and the FPC dish soap a cold one. Keep in mind that we are not talking Tide and Dawn here either so people will not be willing to auction off their children for the $4 coupon. Sunlight is not a top brand. However people will be able to get 24 loads pacs for $.52 in taxes with the $4 coupon so regardless of whether you call it FPC or HV it is going to be HOT.
    Thank you for explaining it. I just questioned it because in the initial discussion it states:

" HV coupons which allow you to get something free on the occasions it goes on sale that low are not FPCs (the sale may not come up before expiry, it includes tax etc)"

So it is up to the trader to decide how they will be treated.
    lecale and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

Yes, now knowing what it goes on sale for, I think most would consider it HV. I am not really looking for an arm and leg just a regular trade

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    Thank you for explaining it. I just questioned it because in the initial discussion it states:

" HV coupons which allow you to get something free on the occasions it goes on sale that low are not FPCs (the sale may not come up before expiry, it includes tax etc)"

So it is up to the trader to decide how they will be treated.
    Last edited by jemwars; Sun, Mar 30th, 2014 at 03:30 PM.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Thanks Fallen. Subscribed.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Question: are the $0.85 stamps also P stamps, or do the say $0.85 on them? I was running low on stamps so I went to get some today and they had the P them. Any I sight would be great!
    Come Join me on Swawbucks! It's an easy way to earn money for next Christmas! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Natalierose1995

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They will be new P stamps for 85c
    couponteen101 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 07:01 PM.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information