• 1 Post By Ciel
  • 4 Post By ninna
  • 1 Post By lorken
  • 1 Post By Cocovanilla

Thread: Target's new key iniatives to win over Canadians

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Link posting keeps not working for me.Go to www.newswire.ca seach Target then go to the August 13 story 7:30 am. I think their new iniatives won't win over their guests or in plain speak customers won't buy this.
    This thread is currently associated with: Target
    Last edited by Poirot; Mon, Aug 18th, 2014 at 10:14 AM.
    Shwa Girl and Cocovanilla like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1397...est-experience

Looks like there's an official price match policy!

• Price matching for any local competitor's flyer or weekly ad (print or online), and price matching for select online retailers, including Amazon.ca, Walmart.ca, Bestbuy.ca, Toysrus.ca, Babiesrus.ca, CanadianTire.ca, Futureshop.ca and Sears.ca.
    • Guests can now use popular apps, such as reebee and to price match, instead of bringing a printed flyer.
    • Price match can now be completed at the register instead of guest service.
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I think if you don't want to like Target then you're not going to like it lol. Tripling the space for NYX cosmetics for me personally is HUGE. And I just took a look at the new Altuzarra line coming in september and I want it ALL lol. I personally love target. I love their baby clothes too. It can only get better for me

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Target lags far behind other retailers. Target doesn't even offer online shopping! Seriously, is this 1998?
    Ciel, GoJays, ninna and 1 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

And no free DeathStars for loyal(ish) Sith customers...
    Ciel, toban, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    Target doesn't even offer online shopping! Seriously, is this 1998?
    Yes.
    Online shopping has to come from them.
    So they can compete with Walmart, Canadian Tire, Lowes, Home Depot, Sears.
    Even Home Hardware lets you buy online and ship to the store.

C'mon Target!!
    mulock, Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not impressed no SCOP.
    mulock and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Link posting keeps not working for me.Go to www.newswire.ca seach Target then go to the August 13 story 7:30 am. I think their new iniatives won't win over their guests or in plain speak customers won't buy this.
    Actually, I think the changes they are planning to make are very positive and will make a difference. I enjoy shopping at Target and try to avoid stores like Walmart and Canadian Tire -- their complete lack of customer service doesn't cut it with me. I find the Target stores in my area have friendly, helpful staff; they are clean and well-organized. I am glad to hear Target is tackling their inventory issues. Walmart and Canadian Tire should do the same as they always seem to be out of stock on a large variety items.

I am not a big Beaver Canoe fan but I think Sarah Richardson will be a much bigger hit than Nate Berkus!
    Last edited by DianneS; Tue, Aug 19th, 2014 at 03:22 AM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I was glad to see the Altazurra capsule clothing collection mentioned in Sept. issue of Elle. Something to look forward to for fall.
    Also, like the Plus sizing news-wish it was coming by Nov 2014 rather than 2015.

I was looking at the store's Twitter site and the chain has been at various stores comping customers' purchases ("This one's on us" photos). How do we find out which stores are in line for such treatment?
    The Twitter addy also mentioned that the new CEO's son encouraged him to apply for the job and his daughter is a Target fan. Maybe they'll relay some "bring the US stores to Canada" chatter to his ears.
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Aug 20th, 2014 at 08:34 PM.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'm not a fan of the Target store myself. The one in London is always half EMPTY (yup. feeling pessimistic today!) and any time I've gone in there for something, it's been out of stock...and I don't shop for highly unusual things either.

I went looking for yoga-style pants for my daughter. Nope.

I went looking for a new swim suit in the spring for my daughter. Nope. Nothing at all in the 7-16 size but oodles in the 2-6X sizes.

I went looking for a new dish drain board. Nope. Not a one. It wasn't like they had 13 kinds of them but were out of the particular one I wanted. No. They literally did not have a single dish drain board in the entire store??? Not a one!

lol. I even went to the Starbucks and asked for a tall dark roast coffee. Nope. Sorry. Don't have that either.

Target kinda reminds me of Zellers for some reason...I think because they carry similar names (Cherokee, Mossimo etc) . Except they seem like an over-priced Zellers. I was never a fan of Zellers either so I suppose it goes to reason I wouldn't like Target.

But it certainly doesn't help that the first 3 or 4 times I went looking for something they didn't carry it. Now I don't even consider going there at all because I've already decided it would be a wasted trip.
    Ciel, GoJays, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

On one person's blog post, she mentioned that Sears Canada is also comping shoppers' back to school purchases this month. Would like to know when that offer is coming to Hamilton!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When Target first opened near me, I visited their store once a week for 4 months straight (I had a weekly appt at an office in same mall). Sometimes I was looking for items from the flyer, and sometimes it was just regular items that I needed so wanted to check their prices. And they NEVER NEVER NEVER had any stock on the shelves! At first I thought "good for them! They're selling everything!" but then I realized they just never got any stock in, so I gave up going there.

Then a couple of months ago I heard about their new approach, how they realized they had screwed up and were going to do things better. So I decided to start reviewing their flyers again and making weekly visits again, because I still go to that mall once a week. Did it for 7 weeks and gave up - they still NEVER NEVER NEVER had any stock on the shelves.

I don't know what they are thinking - how can you run a business when you have nothing to sell to people? And I'm disgusted that I wasted so much of my time with them. They'll have to do a lot to get me back into the store.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like Target's baby shopping section, the prices are very reasonable even without coupons. It all depends on what you are looking for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I think if you don't want to like Target then you're not going to like it lol. Tripling the space for NYX cosmetics for me personally is HUGE. And I just took a look at the new Altuzarra line coming in september and I want it ALL lol. I personally love target. I love their baby clothes too. It can only get better for me
    YESSSSS! sorry that got me excited because one of the makeup brand I was excited to finally see sold instore was NYX and I was so disapointed when I saw the selection they had. Basically all the products I wanted to buy weren't sold there! so crossing my fingers now

*also I hope they extend the elf products they carry too eventually*
    Last edited by Cocovanilla; Thu, Sep 11th, 2014 at 11:17 PM.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Thread Information