Like Tree2130Likes

Thread: 2014 Advent Package Train ~Start Opening Dec 1~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Expired on: Sun, Feb 1st, 2015
    Name:  advent-train.png
Views: 2248
Size:  252.1 KB

It is that time of year again! We are starting signups for the advent train early so you have lots of time to shop as you need to send your buddy 25 gifts.

You have three choices for signups: package train rider, kid's train rider (see post 2) or platform peeps.
    Platform people are those who want to join but do not want to send 25 gifts so chat along with us, get to know other SCers and have a chance to win prizes

Train Type: No Limit / Size Limit / $$ Limit / Rider Limit
    Boarding will close on October 24
    You will be sending 25 gifts & 5 must be EXACT wishlist items to your buddy (obviously don't send something random that you don't know if they would like)
    Send Date Nov 19 (to arrive by Dec 1)
    You will wrap (individually) and label 25 gifts for your buddy so that they can open a surprise each day from December 1-25

5 gifts will be exact wishes from your buddy's WL these CANNOT be dollar store items even if your buddy has dollar store items on their list
    3 days can be a bundle of coupons, most wanted, HV, FPC, call ins (this is optional, you can by presents) if you use this option PLEASE have a minimum of $10 and send coupons you yourself would like to receive, utilize your buddies WL ie NO JUNK!

One gift must be winter or Christmas themed
    One gift must be a gag gift and labelled to be opened on Dec 13

Remaining items can be surprises for your buddy but make sure they are related to their wishlist or that they would like them

Senders send a package that you yourself would be happy to receive. The best way to do that is to participate on this thread get to know your buddy if you do you are sure to send a very appreciated package.

Receivers please remember everyone's budget is different, your buddy should NOT have to go bankrupt to make you happy. Go into this with the thought that it truly is better to give than receive and understand your buddy put a whole lot of time into your package

Please do not join this train if you are not going to fulfill the requirements. We would like this train to be enjoyable by all and a great experience.

RIDERS MUST:

1. Have a Trade Rating of 25 (these ratings cannot be from all VWT’s or RAOKS)
    2. Have a minimum of 200 posts on SC
    3. Have no negative ratings (exceptions may be made if they are over one year or at the moderator's discretion – no exceptions will be made if these ratings came from package trains)
    4. Be an active member of SC
    5. Not be riding any other package train

If you are interested in joining please post in this thread and include the following in the post:
    "I have read and understand all the Package Train Rules/Guidelines" I understand if I do not follow the guidelines my name will be added to to the consequence list in the sticky”
    A list of all trains you are currently riding

**All potential riders are subject to moderators approval**

You must PM me your wishlist before boarding closes at midnight October 24. Your wishlist must have at least 30 items that are easy to find and affordable
    I will send back wishlists for editing to make this train fair to other riders, with 25 gifts, it is impossible to send all items priced at $5+

Please don’t forget to include the following info with your wishlist.

SC Name:
    Address:
    Pets:
    Kids/Ages:
    Allergies:
    Most Wanted Item(s):

Link to your coupon wishlist if you have one:

Rider Responsibilities:

• The Send Date is: Nov 19 – Which means you MUST mail on or before that day – No exceptions.
    • You MUST send 5 full sized items from your buddy’s wishlist and 20 other gifts suitable to your buddies list - preferred that most items are wishlist but make your wishlist easy to help with this!
    • You must post a minimum of 3 times per week during this train (but you can post as much as you like). Since many people are travelling at this time, you can take a 1 week vacation from posting without penalty if we are informed in advance.
    • Mandatory posts must include a post for each of the following:
      • Requesting seat
      • Confirmation of sending
      • Confirmation of receiving/Thank You

• You must mail by the stated date. Please note that package trains MUST have tracking unless delivered in person. Package mail can cost $10-20 dependent on weight and size. You are responsible for mailing, sending from a store does not have the same feeling as opening handpackaged items and you cannot ensure they mail on time. (PM the tracking number to FallenPixels – Tracking numbers are mandatory unless you hand deliver in person)

• All items must be in new/unused condition (other than gently used movies, books, games, etc.).
    • Liquids must be wrapped well to prevent leaking and ruining the package (a ziploc works well)
    • Glass items must also be well wrapped and protected to prevent breaking and ruining the package
    • $2+ items (from wishlist) are considered full size items
    • $1, $1.25, $1.50 items, samples, trial & travel size items are considered extras
    • Please also keep in mind that since you will be sending actual packages that shipping will cost more than regular coupon trains (on average about $10-$20). If you do not have CP’s Venture One card you may want to look into it. It’s free and anyone can join, you can use your SC name as the "business"

CONSEQUENCES OF NOT FOLLOWING ALL RULES

• If you do not follow ALL of the above rules, you will be excluded from riding one future package train and WILL receive neutral feedback
    • Repeat/Second offences will also mean you are excluded from at least two package trains and possibly all future package trains
    • If you do not send a gift, you will be excluded from all future package trains
    • If you do not send a gift, you will receive two negative ratings - One from your buddy and the other from the conductor.
    • If you do not communicate with the moderators regarding why the gift was not received, you may also receive a trading ban at the Trade Mod's discretion.

**Disclaimer: Smart Canucks Owner, Mods, Admin and/or Train Conductor is not responsible for lost, stolen, mislabeled, damaged, unsatisfactory or unsent packages. Tracking numbers are mandatory (unless hand delivered). *
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Sun, Oct 26th, 2014 at 10:06 AM.
    wendyjane and julesie-pie like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

You can choose to send/receive an additional package for your child(ren).
    To sign them up, please send a separate WL “Kid’s and Teen's Advent Train WL” in the subject
    you might get the same buddy for your kids or a different one, so please note that this will increase your postage costs

In the thread, please post the following statement:

I have read and understand all the “Package Train Rules/Guidelines." I understand if I do not follow the guidelines my name will be added to the consequence list in the sticky.

The rules are the same as for the adult train as well as the consequences.

If you have more than one child, you can sign them all up for a maximum of one combined package (their buddy will send gifts for kids on alternating days etc).

Tracking and insurance are mandatory.

Include in your WL:
    Real Name
    Mommy/Daddy’s SC Name
    Mailing Address
    Birthday
    Favorite Color
    Favorite Treats
    Favorite Hobby/Sports/Activities
    Wishes (at least 30)
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Sun, Oct 19th, 2014 at 10:28 AM.
    wendyjane likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

riders list

adult list
    ✓ anawhatsme - wishlist received - tracking received
    ✓ army_girl 29 - wishlist received - tracking received
    ✓ beckie.c - wishlist received - tracking received

✓ becky_j - wishlist received
    ✓ briwantstosave - wishlist received- tracking received
    ✓ chesterjes - wishlist received - tracking received

✓ couponteen101 - wishlist received - tracking received
    ✓ coupontime - wishlist received - tracking received
    ✓ FallenPixels - wishlist received - tracking received
    ✓ HeatherWake - wishlist received
    ✓ juliejolie - wishlist received - tracking received

✓ lizardqueen78 - wishlist received
    ✓ Momto2Ks - wishlist received - tracking received
    ✓ new2sc - wishlist received - tracking received

✓ scbpooh - wishlist received - tracking received

✓ shkyle - wishlist received - tracking received
    ✓ tmlskk01 - wishlist received
    - tracking received
    ✓ wendyjane - wishlist received - mailed

kids list
    ✓ shkyle - wishlist received - tracking received
    ✓ chesterjes - wishlist received - tracking received

-

train riders are now approved

platform peeps/stalkers - all approved
    julesie-pie
    francine1985
    nursegirl
    gwennad
    anna michele
    coley3
    kellyanna_99

Last edited by FallenPixels; Wed, Nov 19th, 2014 at 09:13 PM.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Name:  queestions.png
Views: 1065
Size:  76.2 KB

Questions

1. What are your pet peeves?
    2. What makes you happy?
    3. Who is your celebrity crush
    4. Fave books/authors
    5. What are your favorite snack foods or treats?
    6. Is there something that you like/want that you love and never get around to buying for yourself?
    7. Do you like to cook, bake, crafts, scrapbook ? Is there anything you need in any of those departments or would you rather a surprise ?
    8. What are a few of your favorite colours?
    9. Can you list your top three wanted items under 3.00? Top three under 5.00? Top three under 10.00?
    10. Do you have any pets/what kind/any restrictions for treats?
    11. What was your favourite sample we received this year?
    12. What kind of coffee/tea is drank in your house? Keurig/Tassimo or are you old school?
    13. Any cooking gadgets or kitchen type stuff or ingredients that you need for your holiday entertaining?
    14. Buddy, if I were to go to Bath and Body Works is there anything you would like?
    15. Buddy, I'm making apple jelly as well as a batch of strawberry jam soon.... antipasta too(with or without shrimp/tuna) ...interested?
    16. Buddy, what size pj bottoms would you wear?
    17. Buddy just going through your list and there wasnt much for seasonal items on it. Is there anything you need??
    18. Buddy, is there something special I could get for your family to do together?
    19. any Epicure or Scentsy items you might be interested in?
    20. Would like to know my buddy's kid(s) name
    21. What is buddy's horoscope and month of birthday
    22. Do you like taking baths (i.e. bubble bath, bath salts, etc.)
    23. I have been knitting/crochet scarves and dish cloths for other family members... are you interested?
    24. Do you have any favorite makeup brands?
    25. Buddy, if you mentioned you children/spouse/partner/parents/other - do you want gifts for them? What kind of split? Mostly for you?
    26. Buddy question: does your tree have a theme? Or colour-theme?
    27. Besides FPC, what are your top 5 coupons that you would want/need?
    28. Are you ok with treats from the Bulk Barn? If so, what are some of your favourites?
    29. Question about candles and wax warmers? Yes or no to candles? Normal or flameless? Wax warmers? If you have one is it scentsy or glade one? Wax refills do they have to be scentsy or glade? Or will either do? Or other brands (not sure if you can use others in them)?
    30. What colors are your kitchen?
    31. Any favorite Christmas designs? Ie Reindeer, snowman etc?
    32. Buddy, any stockpiling items you need or want?? razor, laundry soaps,
    33. Buddy, Do you like Burt's Bees?
    34. Buddy do you collect any special codes?
    35. Buddy would you like address labels, thanks for the trade cards ect
    36. Buddy... Im huge on Nov 1 "after Halloween shopping" its slim picking but I still like to try. Are there any chocolates/candies that you and family like that i could try and find?
    37. Buddy, are there any makeup items you are particularly fussy about?
      For example other people can not buy me lipstick as many shades look terrible on me so I need to check testers while I can say any eye-shadow in browns, peach, greens etc
    38. Buddy, just received my Sample source, anything in it you might want???
    39. So the 13th gift is a gag gift... I am wondering what YOUR level of pervertedness is? Are you churchy-shy? Or raunchy as F**k?
    40. Buddy, do you like nail stuff? Such as instant pedicures, etc?
    41. Buddy, would you use an iTunes gift card?
    42. Buddy, Do you like scented hand and or body lotion?
    43. .
    44. .
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Thu, Oct 30th, 2014 at 01:10 PM.
    wendyjane likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

prizes

Buddy guesses: momto2ks & briwantstosave
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Sat, Dec 6th, 2014 at 04:11 PM.
    wendyjane likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Buddy Guesses
    Name - receiving from guess
    anawhatsme - heatherwake

✓ army_girl29 - coupontime
    ✓ beckie.c - ???

✓ becky_j - fallenpixels
    ✓ briwantstosave - couponteen101 or scbpooh (correct)
    ✓ chesterjes - anawhatsme

✓ couponteen101 - juliejolie or wendyjane
    ✓ coupontime - beckie.c or lizardqueen78
    ✓ FallenPixels - ---------
    ✓ HeatherWake - ???
    ✓ juliejolie - scbpooh

✓ lizardqueen78 - wendyjane or fallenpixels
    ✓ Momto2Ks - scbpooh (correct)
    ✓ new2sc - shkyle

✓ scbpooh - wendyjane or New2sc

✓ shkyle - chesterjes
    ✓ tmlskk01 - juliejolie

✓ wendyjane - chesterjes
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Sat, Dec 6th, 2014 at 04:10 PM.
    wendyjane likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

YEAH Was trying to wait patiently!!!!! LOL Cant you tell

"I have read and understand all the Package Train Rules/Guidelines" I understand if I do not follow the guidelines my name will be added to to the consequence list in the sticky”
    A list of all trains you are currently riding:

- Autumn Has Arrived Trad. train~ Hasnt arrived yet
    - Scbpooh's Clearing Out Trad. train~ on it way to my second rider

wendyjane likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I don't know if I have to put this to be a platform peep

Last edited by francine1985; Sun, Oct 19th, 2014 at 12:02 PM.
    wendyjane likes this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

I'm stalking or I guess a platform peep
    wendyjane likes this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    I don't know if I have to put this to be a platform peep

Nope Can't get banned from trains for being a platform peep
    francine1985 and wendyjane like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

I'd like to join the adult one please

A list of all trains you are currently riding:

- Totall's baby/kid trad train
    - creative couponers big big VWT
    - chesterjes' bring it on ~ car c
    wendyjane likes this.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Thinking... Scbpooh- you are too funny
    scbpooh and wendyjane like this.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

A list of all trains you are currently riding: zip zilch and nada I've been a naughty couponer and have been very inactive but would love to join the package train again this year
    juliejolie likes this.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I am thinking hard about this one. Halloween one was going to be my last for this year, but since that train didnt start up... I do have the budget for it, I just think with baby expected Dec. 16 I might be busy. But.... mail day is early enough. I don't know what to do yet. I am working on my list in the mean time.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

so tempting.....I haven't been around much since the last advent train, I could use some SC fun! I have to check the budget and decide.

Page 1 of 95 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information