User Tag List

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Rewards Thread with Aeroplan, airmiles, credit card offers etc.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

On the Air Miles Mastercard, they have a promo right now that you get 1,000 miles with your first purchase, then another 1,000 miles after you spend $1,000 in the first three months. We're dropping our AMEX for MC anyhow since Costco is changing, so this works fine for us! A quick 2,000 Air Miles.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Aeroplan customers-want to buy a Home Hardware gift card for fewer miles? A promo is on until Oct. 30. Get a $100 Home Hardware card for 11500 miles (usually 12500 miles).
    https://www3.aeroplan.com/mrch/gift-...8.html?omni=fr
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Metro (ON) shoppers! Swipe your Air Miles collector card when you purchase any participating High Liner product and be automatically entered for a chance to win (1 of 4 Metro gift cards worth $500)!
    Contest ends November 13. Rules here: http://www.metro.ca/must-sees/contes...ontest.en.html

Flyer for Action Car and Truck Accessories promotes the Air Miles program now at their stores! Flyer mentions shop 24/7 online yet does not provide the website (really!). Here you go:
    http://actiontrucks.com/p-27882-air-...d-program.html
    FLA likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think TD has a promo going on right now if you apply for their Aeroplan card - they will give you $25,000 - obviously conditions apply. This is probably one of the credit cards that have a fee - but with a lot of these promos - they waive the fee for the first year.

BUT - as was mentioned earlier in this thread - put everything on the card - AND pay it off each month on time. Double dipping with the bonus miles is something to watch for. We are in the process of finishing off a year with American Express who had a special earlier this year. When it is done - I will be cancelling the card - American Express is NOT accepted everywhere and I find it quite frustrating to try and collect with it.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Metro (ON) shoppers! Swipe your Air Miles collector card when you purchase any participating High Liner product and be automatically entered for a chance to win (1 of 4 Metro gift cards worth $500)!
    Contest ends November 13. Rules here: http://www.metro.ca/must-sees/contes...ontest.en.html

Flyer for Action Car and Truck Accessories promotes the Air Miles program now at their stores! Flyer mentions shop 24/7 online yet does not provide the website (really!). Here you go:
    http://actiontrucks.com/p-27882-air-...d-program.html
    Very good deal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Atlantic Sobeys is offering 50 AM if you purchase $200 in GCs (Thursday, Friday, Saturday only). I will do it and buy my transit passes with it this month. We are mostly saving our AM to help pay for Disney next year, but I did cash in some of them today. Got a GPS as our 'family' Christmas gift, DS is really getting into geocaching and have just been using an app on my phone, this will be better!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

For Air Miles collectors in Saskatchewan only-if you are a Sask Energy customer and switch to e-Billing, you earn 50 Bonus Air Miles reward miles for signing up and get a chance to win 10,000 Air Miles reward miles.
    http://www.saskenergy.com/ebill/
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

New Metro (ON) flyer: get 100 AM points when you purchase selected $50 gift cards (La Senza, American Eagle Outfitters, Kelsey's Restaurant + Bar, and about 4 others). Nov. 21-27 only.

Also, Metro (ON only excluding Thunder Bay) has an AM card contest-swipe to win a renovation (kitchen?) and prize of 500,000 AM points. http://www.metro.ca/must-sees/contes...ontest.en.html
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Shell has spend $100 on anything in the store with a $30 gas purchase and receive 50 bonus airmiles. Sweet deal I just purchased $100(4X$25) gift certificates. December 1-15.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Air Miles>Metro (ON) flyer-Swipe for a chance to Win A Trip For Two To Italy (by Barilla and Bertolli). These are not the official rules. No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of Ontario who are at least 18 years of age.
    Contest begins Jan. 16 at 12:00 am ET and ends on Feb. 12 at 11:59 p.m. ET ("Contest Period"). There is a total of 1 prize available to be won, consisting of a trip for two to Italy. Mathematical skill testing question required. Odds of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. All entries must be received by the contest closing date.
    For official rules and complete contest details: http://www.metro.ca/must-sees/contests/index.en.html
    (link does not show contest yet).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Rexall (ON) flyer has a 40 AM rewards miles coupon on the front page wus $40 this Fri/Sat/Sun. Just in case you were interested in getting some of their specials and happen to be an Air Miles cardholder!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just signed up for the American Express Gold Reward card - the first year of membership is free ($150 annual fee is waived). You have to spend $500 within the first three months of having the card to get the 25,000 points and you get 10,000 points for any referrals. The 25,000 bonus membership reward points can be transferred one-to-one to Aeroplan miles or to some other reward programs. I signed up for a similar deal last year and found it was a great way to earn points. See the link below for more details.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Aeroplan certainly has an intriguing points offer for Ontario OSAP students-35,000 pts can convert to a $250 OSAP payment on a student loan. As mentioned in today's issue of the Toronto Star:
    http://www.thestar.com/yourtoronto/e...-to-earth.html

The Ontario government announced Wednesday it has partnered with a private company called Higher Ed Points that will convert every 35,000 Aeroplan points — earned by flying Air Canada or using a TD or American Express Aeroplan credit card, for example — into a $250 payment towards the student’s debt under the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).

It’s the latest move Aeroplan and Higher Ed Points have made into higher learning. A growing number of colleges and universities, including York, Ryerson and most GTA community colleges, are already letting students use the system to pay tuition. While few students have used it yet — only a couple at Ryerson, a handful at Centennial — these institutions say they plan to promote the option more as this fall’s tuition comes due.
    https://www.higheredpoints.com/parti...-institutions/

I notice that the Higher Ed Points has a points request option in the right menu. It might be helpful to rally one's social network if they too are Aeroplan points collectors to see if there is any interest in helping one pay down debt. Might be a good graduation gift idea!
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I noticed in the comments for the OSAP points offer that someone mentioned 35000 Aeroplan points are worth about $600. So why not give more payment value to the points conversion?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have 10914 Aeroplan points due to expire next month. Aeroplan offers to transfer them to another member at a cost of $0.02/mile, a total of $218.28. Would anyone care to buy them and where would I look for a buyer? tx

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information