User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Walmart adds lines to coupon policy!!!!

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Ok well that explains my trip to Walmart today....It would not have been such a horrible shop if they had just showed me the new policy update. Instead they made me feel like crap.
    I decided to not purchase anything.
    It was fun while it lasted!!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachy1 View Post
    Ok well that explains my trip to Walmart today....It would not have been such a horrible shop if they had just showed me the new policy update. Instead they made me feel like crap.
    I decided to not purchase anything.
    It was fun while it lasted!!!!
    Please do tell what happened ? TIA
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    361 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tmlskk01 View Post
    There is a big thing going on in my city right now (Halifax) and its all over my facebook coupon groups about one woman really abusing the poise coupons. Apparently she is going to one walmart, getting $100+ (one walmart employee said $212 on one trip) in overage and then going to another walmart to return all the product for a gift card. This may have sparked the new changes since the staff caught on and apparently the police were involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    something just came to mind, one CSM once told me about some people are using coupons for food items and returning them brand new sealed just to get the full cost back. She hates that because all return food items goes to the trash, which is a big waste of food! Non food items can be put back on shelf given its brand new sealed, but not food items.
    That is insane!!!! Shaking my head .. it amazes me how some people have the nerve to do that?!

I thought Walmart doesn't accept returns or exchange on food items? Walmarts in Surrey/Vancouver even have signs in store that starting since such and such day (lol sorry, can't remember exactly when it took effect but it has been at least 6-8 months) they no longer do that.
    Momof3girlies, Ciel and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Mine takes returns but it is meant to be for a good reason. They had an issue with Tylenol being returned at one store and they have to manually check stuff but the person wanted it back on the shelf asap so they could use it for overage again that trip
    Ciel and oscarandme like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    361 (100%)

Whaaaaat?! I am speechless lol .. all I can say is WOW (lol not in a good way though)!!!!
    Momof3girlies and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

how will the system prompt them for four or more like coupons? How does their system know what the coupons are for?

No big deal for me I never get even close to $50 worth of coupons in a transaction. I think it's fair for them to check over coupons worth $5 or more.

That part about people returning coupons for full value...what kind of stores accept that? They should crack down.

At my Walmart if you have ONE 50 cent coupon on a transaction with 60 items on it and try to return one you will get refused the return because you used a coupon on one of the 60 things on the receipt. They don't care. That's why I have to break up anything that I MAY return into a separate receipt so they can see no coupons were used.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Oct 28th, 2014 at 03:15 PM.
    Momof3girlies, Ciel and cherielake like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ubertec View Post
    Something reasonable to one is not reasonable to all. We shop 2 times per month (pay day). We will get what we need for 15 days which may include 12 packs of 500g Ground beef, 6 boxes of cereal, 5 500g peanut butter and so on. We are 6. So not all "shelf clearing" is abuse.

There a big different what you bought and what the other one bought
    Momof3girlies, Ciel and N@t@ like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    how will the system prompt them for four or more like coupons? How does their system know what the coupons are for?
    This is a US writen policy, coupons are scaned their, the system knows how to match up the coupon to the product and decline the coupon if it does not see it.
    Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

A limit is a limit but I don't "like it".. I feel like it's already so difficult to use coupons in Canada that this will just make it more difficult.. My Walmart doesn't take back food and I'm pretty o.k. with that. Regardless, 4 like coupons is fine, I'm sure many will just line up again or something.. As for the whole returning an item you used a coupon on thingy - walmart returns w/o a receipt so what's to prevent an item being returned w/o receipt then? They wouldn't know if a coupon was used or not - is that the next policy to change? Hmmm. I have had some issues returning w/o a receipt though - like really jerky customer service - even though it was going to be store credit which I accepted by way of not bothering to keep my receipt.. I bought a second high chair - DH went to put it together and it had rust on it.. It was $20 but they still acted weird about it..
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Most stores want a receipt when returning items and leave it up to the managers discretion to accept legit ones without a coupon. I always keep my receipts for that reason.
    Even today the woman behind me started off "do you want my returns first" to the cashier so it does seem to be an issue for them
    Ciel and oscarandme like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Yeah but don't they get a bunch of after christmas returns w/o receipt? I always appreciated wm for that very reason as compared to Zellers who used to be pretty strict with returns.. I didn't mind getting store credit for a xmas gift I didn't like or something that was gifted to Ds that he didn't want/like/need/already had? For example - let's say I bought someone a gift set using coupons (as most of us may do to save $$) and It turns out they don't want or like it - are they pretty well stuck keeping it? I guess the whole gift receipt thing makes sense in that case but I dunno just seems like if the issue someone posted previously were so rampant and someone was going to such a length to get money back from coupon use then they could just present item w/o receipt.. I get lots of gifts for kids that I really don't want and a gift receipt is hardly ever provided.. In the past I've taken to returning at walmart because of their policy (no, I didn't know for sure it was purchased there) as I'd never ask that of someone at a kids b-day party.. Maybe other people just keep the crappy item they don't like? haha..

I was also fine with the lesser price being given back (sale within 90 days)or whatever.. Seems to me that they should be opening up policies to allow for more coupon usage not less?

TO ADD: I had a weird experience at SDM where I had $80 in coupons on an $87 bill that did qualify for 18.500 points.. Cashier rung in 2001.2001.2001 and 2002 that disqualified me from the pts because she entered 2002 in error.. This sdm was super far away and instead of allowing me to do a straight return and repurchase my local store told me they can't because I used coupons and they need to see them?? Then SDM head office told me SAME THING - and that each store can make its own rules regarding coupon use and returns etc.. So yeah, seems lots of stores are cracking down?? I didn't want to return the items - just to have them rung in again to get my pts..
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

SDMs are individually owned and the points cost the pharmacist $$ so I can see that there (since the profit goes to the other store but the second store loses money on the points). I have had the same issue at SDM so I watch them enter them and get them to change it and check my receipt before I leave any store. So much easier than going back

I always get gift receipts for gifts I give (and they have full value on them too unless it is the only thing you buy) and tape them to the box in case it needs to be returned
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

You're invited to ds next bday party FP.. Ahhh well - aside from recent usage I use coupons maybe 3 times a year.. C'est la vie..

Frugal is not being cheap cherielake's Avatar
    Trading Score
    397 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
    Interesting, because I've always been under the impression that Walmart Canada didn't have an official coupon policy.
    Only guide lines for manager to follow. Thanks for the heads up though!
    Actually they do, its not printed on any website, but they have a binder or two for each store with policies and such... and on the back of the store flyers now, it states that they price match to competitors, but they must be local. I know a lady that was price matching stuff from ontario stores here in Manitoba
    Ciel likes this.

Looking for some cute or fun handmade gifts? Check out my facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/bowtique.ccs

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It is still guidelines not a policy (as some stores PM nationally while others are local, some limit coupons while others do not etc)
    ~ ~ ~

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information