Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By anisa
  • 2 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By Olivia_m
  • 1 Post By Mia

Thread: Recommendation for moisturizer for really sensitive/dry/red skin

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Looking for recommendations for my dry, red and really sensitive skin. I have tried a lot of moisturizers as well as toners and still looking. Some products that I've tried are Nivea, Cetaphil and even Yves Rocher. I'd like to hear what you've tried and work for you. Just want a moisturizer that is naturally, relatively inexpensive and works! I really like Garnier BB cream and it does not irritate nor create a burning sensation; however, I only use this BB cream a few times a week so I'm thinking I should try a moisturizer by Garnier. Currently I do not use anything at all but with the cold weather I'd like to find a product that works for me. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES.

PS: I have not seen a dermatologist. Figures I'd give this another try on my own.
    This thread is currently associated with: Yves Rocher
    Last edited by Purdee; Mon, Nov 17th, 2014 at 01:32 AM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

These are some good articles on sensitive skin.

on the Paula's Choice website, BUT the articles usually recommend very good products that are available at the drug store. The company started, and is mostly known for, reviewing and recommending products that are out there on the mass market.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-a...ensitive-skin/
    lecale likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:37 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Really the best overall is Glaxall Base moisturizing cream. However it's pricey. Wish I could use it daily.

What I use instead are trying to use creams instead of lotions. Even store brand ones - they come in like a 400g or so tub for $4 or so.
    Plain Vaseline can be very good, if you use a little amount, it soaks in and doesn't stay greasy.
    I've tried the Vaseline cream- way too goopy for me. The lotions are okay.

However, I end up using lotions like St. Ives, Dial, Garnier, etc. - whatever is cheap. Just keeping moisturized seems to be more important than what I use.

Best overall for face - and it's amazing - is Burt's Bees intense hydration night cream. I use it for the day, too - and you use a tiny bit. I have a pot I got free, so haven't had to buy one yet.

Good luck - seems that it's trial and error, depending on one's skin.
    anisa and lecale like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been using Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel for a few weeks now after reading some good reviews. I have to say it works pretty well. If you have a lot of dry patches, this gel is light so you might need to use something stronger like Clinique Dramitically Different Moisturizer...expensive though. The Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel was about 15 bucks for a small glass bottle at SDM...however you don't need to use much at all...it glides all over your face easy with just a dab or so...and it's oil free which is a huge bonus if you break out easily. I should mention there are 2 Garnier Moisture Rescue Gels. I bought the green one which is for "normal" skin. They also have a pink one for very dry skin. I suggest you look up reviews on this Garnier product before purchasing to make sure it's right for you.
    Last edited by greeny; Tue, Nov 18th, 2014 at 08:13 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Paula's Choice products are AMAZING. They are relatively inexpensive (your skin is priceless!) and her products are fragrance free and good for sensitive skin. Highly recommend!
    anisa likes this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

If you decide to buy anything from Paula's Choice, PM me, and I'll send you the link for $10 off for your first purchase. That's a nice saving

Paula's Choice products are great but I really very like Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion+. It's for dry/very dry/combination skin. It literally saves my skin especially now when the weather is getting cold. My skin gets red and cracked, and patched in winter, in short, extremely dry. But Clinique works so well, I'm very satisfied.

Clinique 180ml is around $32, pretty expensive but goes for a long time. Also Sephora has Clinique 50ml for $18 (quite possible, other stores have 50ml size, too).

P.S. There is a Cliniqie Dramatically Different Lotion and Dramatically Different Lotion+. Lotion+ is for a very dry skin.
    Olivia_m likes this.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

The secret of CLinique is that it has a sesame oil, that is the "queen of oils". Though oil is generally a moisturizing liquid but sesame is the best one in moisturizing. You can put just sesame oil on your skin, and it will moisturize your skin very well. But an absorbtion will be very slow, also it has a strong smell (though I like that smell but anyway...).
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First aid beauty ultra repair cream.
    I buy it at sephora.
    Please read our rules on signatures & referral links in images

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

For an overall moisturizer Glaxal Base is the best in my experience.

Our doctor recommended it when DD was a baby - she has very sensitive, dry skin. It's really good! I buy it at Costco for $14.99 for a big tub (otherwise its quite expensive for the little tubes at the drug store).

You could also try Coconut Oil in small amounts at night (because its really effective you only need very small amounts and its greasy so needs time to absorb).

Good luck!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I switch between the Body Shop Aloe Vera/Vitamen E line and Marcelle. The Body Shop always has good sales and Marcelle usually offers a 25%-40% discount online every month or so.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can try some pure vegetable moisturizers, I have used some brand I think well, like THE FACESHOP--a Korea brand, very good and cheap, FANCEL is also ok. If the moisturizers doesn't work, you can drop some vinegar in the water to wash your face, it can diminish inflammation.

Thread Information