User Tag List

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: What's Your Personalized Starbucks Offer?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    The Starbucks offers might be a way to entice spending before Cdn. Thanksgiving and end before US Thanksgiving-hence the BOGOs? It cuts through the retail advertising for the holidays.

Update-I had received the get 5 stars and get $5 e-gift. My card is empty since my spring visit, SO this offer is not getting traction. Will have to wait a long time to reload it. Interesting to read of the different star counts for the e-gift. Must be some algorithm that decided the counts.
    DO NOT BE ENTICED TO RUN Starbucks dashes. The last 3 dashes I've run (circa 2013-2014) appear to be a a scam because every time I've completed one I've had to write numerous emails and even make phone calls (10 minutes on hold is precious time) in order to receive the egift they promised.

There was a time, years ago, when the reward would just show up as promised after running dashes, but Starbucks fortunes appear to be dwindling. Expect loads of effort to get that egift now.

I was promised in writing an egift as of Nov 11 2014, but finally today finally got my "reward" of $5. One email might promise an extra $5 on top of the original $5 as "compensation" for your "patience" and trouble for getting Starbucks to do what they promised but since you never get the same person twice to respond to your email, one person will promise to give you the extra $5 but the next person will not give it to you. The emails will swing around endlessly back and forth, with redundant questions asked. Someone named Tiffany admonished me to check my spam folder.

If you were going to buy that many coffees to start with, by all means register for the dash. But be prepared for endless emails and phone calls to get that $5.

You will finally get it, but it's just not worth the effort, IMO.

In my recent experiences a BIG thumbs down for Starbucks dashes.
    MapleLeaves likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MapleLeaves View Post
    Your code for the free breakfast worked OK?

Oops did not see that...yes it worked perfectly...I used it in in Saskatoon Indigo... yucky though

I got offer for BOGO and my bro got free breakfast sandwich..NEVER!!! [I had him bite a piece and he still is after me ]

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I got BOGO offer for breakfast sandwich this weekend only. Went there before noon and the Ham and Swiss was sold out. The only Starbucks sandwich I would consider is the H&S though.
    ROMEO likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kava5 View Post
    DO NOT BE ENTICED TO RUN Starbucks dashes. The last 3 dashes I've run (circa 2013-2014) appear to be a a scam because every time I've completed one I've had to write numerous emails and even make phone calls (10 minutes on hold is precious time) in order to receive the egift they promised.

There was a time, years ago, when the reward would just show up as promised after running dashes, but Starbucks fortunes appear to be dwindling. Expect loads of effort to get that egift now.

I was promised in writing an egift as of Nov 11 2014, but finally today finally got my "reward" of $5. One email might promise an extra $5 on top of the original $5 as "compensation" for your "patience" and trouble for getting Starbucks to do what they promised but since you never get the same person twice to respond to your email, one person will promise to give you the extra $5 but the next person will not give it to you. The emails will swing around endlessly back and forth, with redundant questions asked. Someone named Tiffany admonished me to check my spam folder.

If you were going to buy that many coffees to start with, by all means register for the dash. But be prepared for endless emails and phone calls to get that $5.

Similar experience. Did their 'Reload $25 with Visa and get $5' promo. Never got the $5. Had to call in and get it manually added. 25 minutes wasted for the call plus days of monitoring the account. I don't think I would participate in this kind of promo again, $5 is not enough to justify the wasted time.
    Last edited by MapleLeaves; Sun, Nov 23rd, 2014 at 04:37 PM.
    ROMEO, kava5 and Decaf like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Similar experience. Did their 'Reload $25 with Visa and get $5' promo. Never got the $5. Had to call in and get it manually added. 25 minutes wasted for the call plus days of monitoring the account. I don't think I would participate in this kind of promo again, $5 is not enough to justify the wasted time.
    I got this offer a few years back and received the $5 automatically no problem. So there is no technical difficulty on Starbucks part in doing much of anything they promise.

Load your registered card with a birthday reward? Check. Reward after 12 purchases? Check. Extra stars with specified purchase? Check. BOGO fraps? Check. Free drink or breakfast for targeted emails? Check.

And it goes on and on: Starbucks is technically proficient in reimbursing cardholders with whatever offer is promised. But what I would like to know is why, in the last couple of years, Starbucks is sometimes reticent to honour their offers of $5 egifts for certain members for doing certain tasks?

Has someone at Starbucks HQ found a way to skim some $5 egifts? Perhaps there is some monetary incentive (company bonuses?) for not reimbursing people, hoping they will just give up because $5 is not worth the time?

Well, I don't claim to know. All I know is that prior to 2013, when we were promised $5 egifts for doing certain tasks, they just came no problem. Now it's just all a big hassle.
    ROMEO and MapleLeaves like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I want to buy holiday coffee.hope they have some bonus stars for that!!
    ROMEO likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kava5 View Post

Another Star Dash scam from Starbucks: friend got campaign promo offer back in October - visit 9 times and earn 20 bonus stars. She completed the task and got the bonus star code by email but NOT able to redeem it for the 20 stars - it turned out that only US members can redeem! She called Starbucks customer service and was told there's nothing they could do while being questioned if she participated in a US campaign promo. She's been a Canadian member all along and if it was a US-based campaign then the email shouldn't have been sent to her in the first place. What a scam!
    ROMEO and kava5 like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Another Star Dash scam from Starbucks: friend got campaign promo offer back in October - visit 9 times and earn 20 bonus stars. She completed the task and got the bonus star code by email but NOT able to redeem it for the 20 stars - it turned out that only US members can redeem! She called Starbucks customer service and was told there's nothing they could do while being questioned if she participated in a US campaign promo. She's been a Canadian member all along and if it was a US-based campaign then the email shouldn't have been sent to her in the first place. What a scam!
    Did she ever buy one of the us Groupon offers and add that card? That is how I ended up getting us offers
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was at Vaughan Mills Starbucks yesterday afternoon. This morning I got an email to do a short survey regarding my experience and they will add 1 bonus star to my account in 3 days

There are 2 Starbucks now at VM. First is the the old one at the food court and there is also another one in the expansion.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did she get a direct personal invitation to participate? If so, I think they should have found a way to make an exception and grant her the bonus stars.

Having a card in USD funds is not the same as being a US resident. When you register your card you must provide your residency address with Postal Code or Zipcode. The Starbucks system should be set up so that people who have registered their cards with Postal Codes should not be sent American personalized offers IMO.

So if she registered with a Canadian address and was sent the personalized offer, Starbucks should have honoured it as a matter of good business practice, made adjustments in their records to send only Canadian offers in the future, and moved on.

The entire point of a personalized offer is to have a personal relationship with the customer: it sends the message "You are somebody special to us, a real VIP due to your registration and patronage".

Extending an personal invitation and failing to honour it promptly only serves to leave a sour taste in the customer's mouth. It also leads to bad word of mouth for the company.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey this was a nice offer, received in Toronto, for all 3 levels of card (gold, green and into membership.)

So I went twice, bought 2 half pounds of Christmas Blend,and earned 12 stars yesterday! WOO HOO! Thanks Starbucks, this was a great incentive to buy ground coffee.
    ROMEO and Cuckoobird like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I got that one too but we drink so little coffee and he is all about Lavazza lately
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Just got e-mail code for free Starbucks drink (excluding bottled) for closed Starbucks at Target!
    ssbean and steph13 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Me too.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post

Just got e-mail code for free Starbucks drink (excluding bottled) for closed Starbucks at Target!
    Got this one too, what a pleasant surprise
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information