User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ok so I have firefox 3 and its worked fine up until a few days ago when it started crashing and I get the message with the option to send the crash report which I have been doing but its gotten worse.
    now I cant even stay on firefox 10 minutes without it crashing and making me restart its driving me insane!
    it even crashed when my mom was writing an email and at the time nothing was loading...so idk what is up

am running a virus scan at the moment but so far nothing with that and idk if that would even be related...

but if someone knows how i can fix it i would seriously love you forever since we have dial up and this is really a pain in the a$$ to have it crash then have to reload what i had up all over again its making things really difficult to do and its driving me up the wall
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Try disabling all your addons and see if it still does it (under Tools > Addons) if it is ok without them, start enabling them one at a time using firefox between. If you recently added something new, start with that.

You can also check to see if there is a new update under the Help menu
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

cant be the add ons have had them as long as we have had firefox...will check for updates though

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ok found some updates and installing them crossing fingers that this helps

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

fingers crossed. I know mine updated over the weekend.

If you are on dialup, disabling any addons you don't use regularly will speed it up. I use my stumbleupon one a lot but I realised it doubled the memory FF used so I disabled it and it runs much better - don't forget the addons get updated and so change also
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rose: the addons might still be the issue, since they are regularly updated and a newer version might have a bug.

Also: if you get a crash again and you have the chance to view the report, try copying and pasting the details with any error codes here.

Troubleshooting software requires patience. Don't get frustrated. Try these suggestions one at a time and test for a crash after each:

1) Run CrapCleaner. http://www.ccleaner.com/ (Filehippo is a legitimate site, they host the download packages for CCLeaner.) This will clear some of the fluff out of your Windows.

2) Run an antivirus and spyware scan.

3) Clear your private data. Go to your Firefox Preferences -> Privacy and go to Private Data settings. Select all the items except Saved Passwords. Then click OK, and back on the Privacy pane select the Always Clear My Private Data When I Close Firefox".

Then close Firefox and relaunch it. If your browsing history is too large or you have something in your cache causing the crash, this should clear it.

4) Try a new Firefox profile to see if the same issue occurs with fresh settings. Firefox saves your user settings in an individual profile. See http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing+profiles for this.

5) Disable one Add-on at a time and trying Firefox after each. Go to Tools ->Add Ons, hit the Extensions button and there should be a Disable button for each addon when you click on it in the list.

6) Try reinstalling Firefox by downloading the latest version and applying it.

7) update your Adobe Flash Player by downloading the latest version at www.adobe.com.

Remember that you can back up your bookmarks by selecting Bookmarks -> Organize Bookmarks, then click on Import and Backup -> Backup and save the file. If worse comes to worse you can reimport from this file into a clean install of Firefox.

Also write down important website logins and passwords from Preferences -> Security -> Saved Passwords and select to Show Passwords.

Let us know how you make out!
    Last edited by Scooter; Sat, Jan 24th, 2009 at 05:21 AM.

Linux Registered User #426194

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I think she got it to work.

But while your here scooter any idea why vista and adobe have compatibility problems? Everytime I open adobe I have to agree that its not running properly with Vista, I even dl new updates.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ya after i downloaded the newest version of firefox it hasnt crashed once LOL so guess that may have been it? took forever to get the new version downloaded but it was worth it now that i dont have to deal with it crashing so often

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I think she got it to work.

But while your here scooter any idea why vista and adobe have compatibility problems? Everytime I open adobe I have to agree that its not running properly with Vista, I even dl new updates.
    Adobe Flash Player or Adobe Reader? And, Vista 32 or 64 bit edition?

If you're having issues with Adobe Flash, follow the instructions here to uninstall it: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...4157&sliceId=1

Then go here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to get the latest version. Save the file and run it after it has downloaded, don't just select to run the file.

Reboot and test.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    ya after i downloaded the newest version of firefox it hasnt crashed once LOL so guess that may have been it? took forever to get the new version downloaded but it was worth it now that i dont have to deal with it crashing so often
    Good to hear! Often just reinstalling can solve a lot of issues.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Adobe Flash Player or Adobe Reader? And, Vista 32 or 64 bit edition?
    I am having PDF problems with firefox now - it seems so buggy lately
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I am having PDF problems with firefox now - it seems so buggy lately
    What happens when you try to load a PDF in Firefox?

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thanks Scooter, I have previously tried that and still no luck

If I click open anyways I can use it its just annoying getting the error/warning everytime.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    What happens when you try to load a PDF in Firefox?
    It just crashes, but not on all PDFs? If I open them from an email (gmail) it is fine but I tried to download my city's bus timetables and it crashed
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ya i cant open PDF either its always been this way thought it was because i had dial up

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information