• 1 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By Midnightly
  • 1 Post By Minou
  • 2 Post By CouponAddict81
  • 1 Post By bargain_hunter_lola

Thread: No Lego Sales?

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I've been looking for a 20% off sale on Lego, as I've wanted to buy Lego Friends sets as Christmas gifts. I've been watching flyers and websites for more than a month, and despite the fact that Lego goes on for 20% off pretty regularly at Toys R Us, there really haven't been any discounts in ages. Even Chapters excluded Lego products when they had a 20% off on Toys sale on Black Friday, despite the fact that they had a one-day 20% off on Lego in late November of last year. Toys R Us seems to have "gift with purchase" offers or savings card offers, but no straight discounts. Even Target is excluding Lego on their "buy one get one 50% off" sale. I wonder if Lego is not allowing stores to give discounts on their products leading up to Christmas?

I ended up buying full-price Lego at Superstore on a no-tax day and combining it with a 5,000 point wus $25 on toys points offer... I had to go the indirect route to get a discount!

I know that some of the best toy deals happen shortly before Christmas, but I was afraid of the stores not having stock left of the items I wanted to buy. I'm certainly hoping that Target starts their 50% off toy clearance before Christmas again this year! This full-price toy catalogue shopping for Christmas is ridiculous!
    This thread is currently associated with: Indigo Chapters Coles Bookstore, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Target, Toys R Us
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I know it can be frustrating if you are trying to get sets from a specific series.
    Walmart has had some sets at pretty good discounts, so has Amazon and Sears online - but the ones I've seen have been Ninja and Lego Movie, City and Star Wars.

So glad that for our son's Lego years, we had a great Zellers (yes, back in the day) and we were always able to get what we wanted when they would have buy one get second half off - and rarely there were deals at toysRus.

Good luck in your hunt!
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, Dec 7th, 2014 at 08:49 PM.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i noticed that also.. and it seems when lego does go onsale it excludes the "friends" sets... and for me (having a girl) those are the sets that she would have interest in (she's a girlie girl she has zero interest in ships or sets based off movies) also the just plain blocks sets are $$$ and never go onsale.. i DID manage to get one of the XXL lego sets from walmart's black friday sale (1600 pieces to create whatever you want-not pre-planned set) for $40 and i am half thinking i should have bought a second one (the set retails on the lego website for nearly $90!) now i need to drop $$ on wildly over priced lego building mats (those large square lego sheets to build on)

you might have better luck finding Mega bloks onsale they build the same as lego and work just like lego but they are cheaper (lego is your high end brand name where Mega bloks is just a step down but they do work together)
    ticul likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I bought several Mega Bloks Barbie sets for the girls for their birthday when the sets were on for 70% off... they seemed to like them. Wanted to get the Lego Friends ones because they're so popular -- and they already have so much Barbie "Lego"

Zellers did have some good sales! :-(
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I remember last year thats what my daughter wanted and it was hard to find her birthday is also in december and she wanted it for both. So i started my search boxing day for this 2014 christmas as both of my girls are into the lego friends. I've managed to not pay full price on any of them. Ive gotten 15 sets. I find target and amazon.ca are the best spots. Also if you are a member of any survey sites and redeem your rewards for amazon gift cards that helps to. Target is also bad for not having their lego in the right spot on the shelf. Make sure you always check the tags on the shelf. They give it for that price. I got the $87 lego friends olivias house for $59.99 (the price of the lego friends school) cause target had them all sitting in the wrong spot.
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There was a news story last month about a Lego shortage (due, I think, to production problems). That's probably why they aren't putting the stock in hand prices down...

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I just got an email from Target that says select Lego sets are 20% off. If you have the 10% off coupon (good on entire purchase - Catalina from Black Friday) you could combine both deals. Even better if you have the RED card for 5% savings.

Hope you find what you're looking for!
    GoddessDigi likes this.

Thread Information