User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree363Likes

Thread: Your Favourite Target Deal? Freebie? Memory?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

When Zellers left, people talked about their best memory?
    What's you best deal at Target?
    What's your best freebie at Target?
    What's your best memory?
    This thread is currently associated with: Target, Zellers
    kimijeen likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

The 90% off Christmas deals last year -- the best!
    Then the 90% of Valentine's deals came shortly after. Nice memories.
    scbpooh, Patty Smyth, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I remember this huge two level red cart planted at the cashiers.
    Vaccum cleaners at 70% off.
    Ice melter jugs at 70% off. Still have some ice melters too.
    Ciel and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Lol, nice thread. I hated Zellers with a passion and don't think that the two can or should be compared!

I got everything on liquidation from Target. I loved my $3 cotton bed sheets and my $0.03 Arm & Hammer laudry detergent, as well as free makeup and creams. I didn't really get anything "BIG" from there, but I hope I could find some nice stuff in the closing sales. I'm really sad to see Target go! :'(
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

We are finishing off the last of our Target Perrier deals.
    Bought the glass bottles of lemon, lime and pink grapefruit Perrier, reg. $1.67 for $0.67
    Seems like it tastes better when it's $0.67
    Ciel, torontogal12 and amira84 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Best memory is when I lost my phone and a Target employee did everything he could think of to try and help me find it and even called my moms phone(the contact number I gave them in case it showed up) to see if I had found it. Employees offering/insisting on carrying my big purchases to my car. Employees handing out stickers(and not just the Target logo stickers but character ones) to kids in the store just because.
    Never going to get service like that anywhere else that I can afford to shop at.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Threshold Memory Foam pillows with like Cooling Gel - they're $40 original price, got them for $20

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Cheep Cheese, still makes me happy when i think about it!!!!
    Ciel, lecale, torontogal12 and 2 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I remember the excellent customer service I had every single time I was in the store.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

There's so many great memories, it's hard to pin point just one. I've always received excellent customer service there! I love shopping at Target and have always felt important to the employees. They are always so friendly, helpful and enthusiastic!

When the store first opened I went in to look at the Keurigs. WM had one style on sale for $59. I asked an employee if they would price match and it happened to be the manager and he said yes. I said I'd have to go home and get the flyer but he said no need. He said he'd take the Keurig to the customer service desk and leave a note that said for them to ring it in as $59. Super easy. No hassle. That was my first experience in the store. WONDERFUL!

I remember going in this past Summer and seeing a bunch of chairs on clearance for 70% off. I didn't need more but at that price I couldn't resist! There were 2 male employees near by and saw me trying to put a few chairs in my cart. They offered to carry anything I wanted upstairs to the customer desk. The 2 guys even said to have them paged and they would carry everything out to my car when I was ready to check out! Amazing customer service!

One of the girls who regularly marks stuff down saw me in the toy aisle looking at clearance deals a few months after my store opened. She said if there's anything I'm interested in to bring it to her to scan, it may be lower and just not marked yet. We talked about what I was interested in (construction type things for DS's birthday party) and she offered to go look in the back for anything that might work.

This past Tuesday as I was coming off the elevator a young male employee saw me and made a point to come over and excitedly tell me that they are marking lots of Women's clothing down and that I should check it out. He said he was telling all female shoppers he saw. lol. Such friendly enthusiasm!

I could go on and on! I love Target! The deals I've found have been amazing!

My favourite deal is also hard to pin point but I'd have to say it would be all the new bedding I bought. We had just bought a King size bed and needed all new bedding. We had been to the US the week before so I checked out the stores and no good deals to be had. Go into our Target and found everything I needed for great prices! Bought the same duvet I was looking at in Target US for $40 cheaper! And people say the US store is so much cheaper? No, not always! Got the duvet, duvet cover and sheet set all for just a little more than what the US duvet alone would have cost. And they are SOOOOO comfy. Love the fabric! I went back and bought another sheet set at full price because I liked it so much!

Target is one of the only stores in my area that carries my brand of Apple Juice (Simply Apple) and it's ALWAYS cheaper than anywhere else. I've found it at Metro and Freshco for about $4.99 but Target always has it for $3.00. That's my favourite on going deal.
    scbpooh, kiwis-mom, Ciel and 9 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I agree on the cheap cheese!
    Also those $2 Glad bags. Had $2 off coupons making them tax only. We are set for garbage bags for a long time.

Those spend $50 get a $10 gift card promos were great. I PMed almost everything and got a $10 bonus to boot.

The 90% off Christmas stuff last year.

The store+manufacturer coupons and the designer clothing collections will be what I miss the most. Guess I have to buy the designer stuff on eBay now

If they had a store that wasn't an hour round trip to get to, I would've gone a few times a week instead of 6x a year. But criticizing their management has been done to death
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I go a few times a week just to wander and zone out with my non-night-sleeping baby. So bright and cheerful. Starbucks hanging on the side of my cart. Always left with something beautiful or useful (or both!) for home at a great price. I will miss everything about it!

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I really enjoyed Target .. doubling up on Target and Manufacturer coupons (and NEVER having an issue with any coupon). I just picked up some Christmas stuff last week, 16 cards for 21c, 50 bows for 8c. Loved hunting for the clearance buys, chasing down those red stickers was actually quite fun and when you found them and you had a coupon, oh the deals that could be had! I remember getting Sunligh dishwasher tabs for 46c.

In addition, I always found the stores to be bright and clean, always someone to help you with a smile.

Honestly, seems like such a winning formula that it's such a big disappointment to see them go. I think they flopped their grand opening weeks and expanded way too fast. Guess there are some things you cannot recover from.

Oh, and I had a target credit card which I will now have to switch to something else.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by katie333 View Post
    Oh, and I had a target credit card which I will now have to switch to something else.
    about your Target credit card, found this on their website
    TargetCanada REDcard holder
    • For account-specific questions, call the number on the back of your REDcard
    • For general inquiries regarding the impact of this filing to the use of your card, please email Target guest relations at [email protected] or call 1.800.440.0680

http://pressroom.target.ca/news/questions-answers
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Do you all remember the detergent and fabric softer deals?
    There was a lot of clearance on Gain, Tide, Sunlight and fabric softener.
    Many SCs are probably well stocked because of Target
    scbpooh, Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information