User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By GoJays
  • 1 Post By heartgirl99
  • 2 Post By heartgirl99

Thread: Does anyone have a water softener in their house?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm interested in getting a water softener/something that controls iron, anyway I just wanted to know if anyone has a water softener in their house, from what company did you get yours?

Right now I'm looking at Culligan and Kinetico..probably will call them on Monday and set up an appointment just to get some price estimates etc.

Any other companies I should check out?/I'm not very familiar with them..
    What would you guys recommend/what are your experiences?
    I'm just trying to find something inexpensive..

-Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by JDI007; Sun, Feb 1st, 2015 at 12:27 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

we don't have one, but i know from personal experience that culligan is one of the most expensive companies out there and they will try to sell you the most expensive unit they have regardless or whether or not you need it.. unless you luck out and get a salesman who knows what he's talking about and still has his morals intact, you will get fleeced.. if i were in your position, i'd check out local companies rather than national ones.. local companies have a vested interest while national chains only care about the bottom line (especially culligan)
    JDI007 likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

...and local companies might have a better idea of what the local water issues are.
    if you have problems with iron like we have we use an iron removing water softener and have to add this iron remover monthly;

i've only been able to find it at home depot.

it's an ongoing battle.
    good luck!
    JDI007 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks! yesterday I went on yellowpages online and searched for companies that have water softeners..Culligan did show up as a search result because we have one nearby, as well as Kinetico but interestingly enough I also found this company called Water Depot and I checked their website and saw that they have a specific tank for only iron removal which I thought was awesome, just what I need so I will give them a call tomorrow/ other than that we don't have much other companies in our city but I will keep looking, thanks for the tips!

I know these things are gonna be pricey..but I was hoping maybe I could just get what I need(just iron removal, no other filters needed) and maybe rent that monthly, might be the cheapest way to go..
    Last edited by JDI007; Sun, Feb 1st, 2015 at 11:52 AM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by A007 View Post
    Thanks! yesterday I went on yellowpages online and searched for companies that have water softeners..Culligan did show up as a search result because we have one nearby, as well as Kinetico but interestingly enough I also found this company called Water Depot and I checked their website and saw that they have a specific tank for only iron removal which I thought was awesome, just what I need so I will give them a call tomorrow/ other than that we don't have much other companies in our city but I will keep looking, thanks for the tips!

I know these things are gonna be pricey..but I was hoping maybe I could just get what I need(just iron removal, no other filters needed) and maybe rent that monthly, might be the cheapest way to go..

good luck!
    Redneck Charger and JDI007 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Where abouts are you located? I've used the same company to put water softeners in my last two homes and I couldn't be more pleased and I'd gladly recommend them. I just don't know how specific the locations of consumers are on this website !

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our water softener is a Sears Kenmore.. and I have had several water softeners. The Kenmore uses the less salt, and works great.. You should clean them out every six months to a year.. Cuz usually the salt will break down, and make a dome which sometimes can slow the softener down..

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@A007 I know you have a showerhead thread somewhere on SC. I saw mention of this showerhead brand that has filters for minerals in water. You have to replace the filters 2x per year.
    http://www.t3micro.com/store/index.p...7f58e7014ae53e
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information