User Tag List

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: disability tax credit questions

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If your Doctor retired, that is fine, the G.P who is taking over his case load will have access to the file. If your Child or children have recovered the DTC ends. However, if they did not recover then yes the G.P. will define that within the new report.

Just be sure to review the report before it is sent out. If there is anything you disagree with in the report, CLARIFY it with the Doctor. It will be fine, it is just a process that the government does to ensure people are not abusing the system if they have recovered from a disability.

Be well, and keep us posted!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi phills68,

Just Google seraphic.hubpages and ask the question in the disability thread. This way when I respond; if others need to know the answer to the same question, it will be there!

P.S. I would have gotten back to you sooner, but they suspended me on here claiming I am "spamming"... NOT!
    Last edited by disabilityHELPER; Mon, Feb 2nd, 2015 at 07:53 PM.
    Not sure why I was accused of spamming (which lead to a suspension)... so I am changing my signature to my Blog Profile!

Instead of promoting a site that employs people with disabilities now I am adding my site I write on. Look me up click -->
    HERE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In order to continue without disruption for the Disability Tax Credit, collect the medical file and find a another G.P.
    The DTC does not end unless the disability ends.
    Not sure why I was accused of spamming (which lead to a suspension)... so I am changing my signature to my Blog Profile!

Instead of promoting a site that employs people with disabilities now I am adding my site I write on. Look me up click -->
    HERE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In order to have a successful application, collect all of the hospital records (there is a records office for each location). Pay for a FULL copy of the records, when you get them copy them and send out the copy along with the application.

The more information they have, the less chance for a denial.

Be sure to apply for the for the Canada Child Disability Benefit ( CDB )

It is a program specifically geared towards parents of children with disabilities.
    Last edited by disabilityHELPER; Mon, Feb 2nd, 2015 at 08:00 PM. Reason: typo

HERE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

H & R block are not experts on DTC qualifications or in the application process.

You are incorrect as the DTC can be back-dated to ten years (as long as the person had the disability for ten years).

HERE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is incorrect, DTC can in fact be backdated for up to ten years, as long as medical documentation supports the application back ten years.

HERE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    I was told that my daughter qualified by haveing a learning disability... is this true...
    You need to apply for the Child Disability Benefit (CDB). If the disability is significant it will be approved for the DTC.

HERE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So i resent another application last month, as my dr wrote diagnosis date of 2011...so my new application included since 2005 when his symptoms started, i looked on my CRA account...and its been received and processing..so a few questions..

-since he already qualifies how long will it take??
    -is it likely i can be denied?
    disabilityHELPER likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

An individual can always be denied if they did not supply enough medical information. Give CRA as much information as possible.
    ALWAYS include all medical information, hospital records and or other medical records back to the date of the original sickness start date or starting treatment date.

If there was a previous acceptance for the DTC you will receive a letter shortly reconfirming approval for the DTC. This new approval will last a couple of years and then you will have to submit medical information again.

HERE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

he was already approved from 2011 till his 18th bday. If the new application is refused (for 2005-2010) can i lose the DTC completely??? omg i hope not!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Looking for some help - my DS was diagnosed with ASD in July 2012. At that time our doctor filled out the appropriate forms to receive the benefit. While dealing with the diagnosis, closing a business and "life" we delayed filing taxes for 3 years and have just completed 2011 and 2012 personal taxes. Our accountant lost the disability form and we filed without it. I now have the original form but have been advised from a family friends NOT to file. Our son is extremely high function (thanks to lots and lots of private therapy). She has said that his SIN will be "flagged" with the disability that may be shared with employers down the road. The logical side of me does not believe it and want to file to try and recoup some of the funds we spent and are still spending on therapy. Does anyone have any knowledge about this?? i am really torn ... \thnaks and I apologize for the long post.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My son just got approved for the benefit!!

Took 1 week after the CRA recieved the questionnaire.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I was told that if you appeal you need to provide new evidence and that only new evidence or information will be considered.

my son qualified for dtc since birth but ever since he has turned 12 has been denied. I have re-applied 2 times in 2014 and both were denied.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Simcoe View Post
    So I reapplied and sent the paperwork in Dec 9. 23, DD's pediatrician received the questionnaire, filled it in, and returned it. Today I see online that she is eligible back to 2005! I can't wait to get her RDSP started up! She's going to need it.
    Just wanted to update people re timelines. Last week, CRA reassessed my tax returns for the DTC back to 2004 and today I logged in to find they had reassessed the disability child benefit back to July 2013. All is payable on Feb 20. I sent a letter asking them to go back to her eligibility date of Jan 1 2003 for the rest of the DCB. I'll let you know when that comes through.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My youngest daughter has Sickle Cell Disease, this is a blood disorder disease and is life threatening. Because she is well a lot of the time and she has pain crisis very often they say she would not qualify because she she healthy. I want to fill out the paperwork for her,but I do not know what needs to be there for them to consider my application. Any suggestions?

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information