• 1 Post By Midnightly
  • 2 Post By ashp
  • 1 Post By BC Gal
  • 1 Post By Arvilish

Thread: Has Anyone Used Groupon?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used Groupon before and how it went for you?

I've had my first bad experience using Groupon. It was my first time too which makes me scared of ever using it again. I used Groupon.com

So what happened was I purchased a deal on Groupon to get $40 worth of printer ink for $15. I thought it was an amazing deal. I should have researched further by looking at reviews to see if this company was trustworthy. I thought Groupon in general was trustworthy as it made sure it posted deals for companies that are legit. Boy was I mistaken!

So I ordered a black and also coloured cartridge on the 15th. This was coming from Florida to Canada. I paid way too much in shipping but I had no choice since I already bought the coupon from Groupon. So I waited a few days and I didn't see any movement. I called USPS (United States Postal Service) today to see what was going on. They told me they never received my parcel, they are still waiting for it. She said that they should have got it by now. So I told her that I was going to call the customer service of the company. This is how the conversation went...

Wait 5 minutes to be connected to someone...

Clickink: Hi, how can I help you today?
    Me: Hi, I wanted to check on an order that says it's been shipped but there is no movement on the package.
    Clickink: Ok, can you please give me your order number?
    Me: Gives order number
    Clickink: Ok. Hold on a moment.
    Me: Ok, no worries
    Clickink: Hold on.... Hold on... let's see...
    Clickink: I'm going to put you on hold
    Me: Ok
    Wait 3-4 minutes on hold
    Clickink: Hi, I can't seem to find your package. Can I please get your phone number so I can call you back?
    Me: Sure, it's.....
    Clickink: Ok, so i'll call you back
    Me: If I don't receive a call back when should I call you back by?
    Clickink: *laughs* We will call you back
    Me: Ok. Bye.
    Clickink: Bye.

--Call ends ---

So I wait around and get no call back. However about 4 hours later I get an e-mail with a new tracking number. Only the problem is that it's now missing my postal code and unit number. Yep this looks suspicious!

So I dial again and have to wait 13 minutes...

After 13 minutes....

Clickink: Hi, how may I help you today?
    Me: Hi, I called earlier regarding an order that I was tracking and the parcel wasn't moving. I just received a new e-mail with a tracking number however the address is incorrect. You are missing both my unit number and correct postal code.
    Clickink: Can I have your order number
    Me: Sure it's....
    Clickink: Ok, let's see... hold on a moment... hold on
    Me: *Says nothing*
    Clickink: I'm going to have to put you on hold. Hold on

Wait another 5 minutes...

Clickink: The address is showing normal on my side
    Me: Really because it isn't right on the e-mail I got
    Clickink: Ok what's your address?
    Me: Repeats address
    Clickink: Ok, i'll have to check with the warehouse downstairs and make sure they haven't sent it off and i'll call you back
    Me: Ok
    Clickink: Ok, bye!

--End of call --

As you probably guessed i'm still waiting. This company is so shady it's not even funny. Never purchase from clickink dot com.

In my situation what would you guys do? I think I have an idea but I just wanted to get all suggestions and also know about your personal experiences with Groupon.

Thanks guys!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Contact Groupon and explain what happened. They might give you your money back to put towards another purchase. I've never had an issue with Groupon. Sorry this has happened to you.
    Dark_Angel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is a good idea! I see it's now moving, finally but hopefully it's the correct ink cartridges and doesn't break my printer.
    I was going to contact my bank if I didn't receive it but your suggestion is great also.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

The company has a facebook profile since 2009 so they've been around for awhile. Perhaps new inexperienced employees maning the lines.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    The company has a facebook profile since 2009 so they've been around for awhile. Perhaps new inexperienced employees maning the lines.
    If only that were the case

Check out these reviews if you want.

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/clickinks-lake-mary

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i would contact groupon about it explain your situation and they may refund you.. i've heard of many people being refunded...

i've done a few groupons but mostly local things... i've found for the most part they are not as amazing as people expected them to be.. some of the deals being offered i could get a better deal if i just walked in off the street... often they cannot be combined with any sales/discounts/clearance promos soo the groupon is only valid on the full retail price.. and what self respecting deal hunter pays full retail? lol

i know how expensive printer ink is.. i dread the idea of buying it in the store... next time your looking check out ebay, we will often buy ours from there and have had great luck for a great price often free shipping and arrive with no fees (many stuff coming from the states you get dinged with taxes i've found)
    Dark_Angel likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have had good experiences with Groupon, however I only purchase group on deals for companies that I already use. For example, I bought groupons for Starbucks, Yogurty's, Putting Edge, Menchies and Marble Slab and I have never had issues when redeeming my groupon. I have had good experiences with them before, and I know people have had issues with redeeming their groupon and other voucher sites as well, so it's a hit or miss.

Hope it all works out for you!
    Dark_Angel and CrazyQT like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I have used Groupon but only for restaurants and such in my area. All my experiences have been great and I was glad I got the Groupon. I have seen a few deals where it was something I would have to order over the internet; going to the website and reading further, it wasn't worth the cost of shipping, or the deal wasn't as good as it appeared. It is definitely worth reading the information on the company's website before purchasing the Groupon, for any deal.

Hope you can get everything straightened out and get your ink
    Dark_Angel likes this.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I have only used them to get my Starbucks for cheaply cheap aka affordable. They are quite good but ya you should contact groupon to see if they can do anything!
    Dark_Angel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i would contact groupon about it explain your situation and they may refund you.. i've heard of many people being refunded...

i've done a few groupons but mostly local things... i've found for the most part they are not as amazing as people expected them to be.. some of the deals being offered i could get a better deal if i just walked in off the street... often they cannot be combined with any sales/discounts/clearance promos soo the groupon is only valid on the full retail price.. and what self respecting deal hunter pays full retail? lol

i know how expensive printer ink is.. i dread the idea of buying it in the store... next time your looking check out ebay, we will often buy ours from there and have had great luck for a great price often free shipping and arrive with no fees (many stuff coming from the states you get dinged with taxes i've found)
    Yes, you are right. In the long run it wasn't a good deal when shipping was put into the equation. I thought i'd only have to pay about $7 for shipping. Stupid me, it was more like $24 which I think is a rip off but what can you do. Lesson learned for sure.

Thank you for your suggestion, I will check out ebay next time for sure.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashp View Post
    I have had good experiences with Groupon, however I only purchase group on deals for companies that I already use. For example, I bought groupons for Starbucks, Yogurty's, Putting Edge, Menchies and Marble Slab and I have never had issues when redeeming my groupon. I have had good experiences with them before, and I know people have had issues with redeeming their groupon and other voucher sites as well, so it's a hit or miss.

Hope it all works out for you!
    Good point! I should keep that in mind next time I use it. Local and known companies.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BC Gal View Post
    I have used Groupon but only for restaurants and such in my area. All my experiences have been great and I was glad I got the Groupon. I have seen a few deals where it was something I would have to order over the internet; going to the website and reading further, it wasn't worth the cost of shipping, or the deal wasn't as good as it appeared. It is definitely worth reading the information on the company's website before purchasing the Groupon, for any deal.

Hope you can get everything straightened out and get your ink
    Excellent point! You are right. That is where they get you.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I finally got my parcel today. The colour cartridge seems perfect but i'm questioning the black ink one. It feels a little big but it does fit in. Also my printer for some reason is saying that the ink is only half full in that. Normally I would take it back to a store and complain if I didn't buy it online but I honestly don't think it's worth all the hassle right now. It was just hard to even get them to send it to begin with so i'll just bite the bullet on that for now and not buy there again.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Used it once ~ wasn't really my thing. It is suppose to be great for local stuff.

Thread Information