User Tag List

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2365Likes

Thread: Halloween Package Train

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

I haven't found the crockpot liners anywhere...mind you I haven't really been actively looking. Planning on stopping at the dollar store today, will have to check. It's not as bad as you think to clean without them though. Just make sure you grease it beforehand and you're good to go.

We don't really do any greek seasoning style things..will have to try that. Sounds yummy! I love trying new things and well nobody else has a choice since I cook so lol!

Meatloaf Muffin Recipe:
    Ingredients:
    1 egg
    3/4 c milk
    1/2 c onion
    1lb beef
    1c shredded cheese
    1/2 cooking oats
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    Topping: 2/3 c ketchup + 1/2 c brown sugar

-Preheat oven to 350F
    -Whisk egg and milk together, add cheese, oats, onion and salt/pepper.
    -Crumble beef over mixture, mix and shape into balls and place in muffin tin. (I have one that makes 6 big muffins that I like to use now, have done them on the 12s though!).
    -Bake for 30 min (mix topping ingredients together and add for the last 10 min).
    -----

I usually also add spices I have on hand and other vegetables...if I add more veggies I'll also add a bit more of the oats. I usually just wing it, lol. Sometimes add another 1lb of beef and increase amounts too. I find they cook so much better in the muffin pans though! Never using bread pan again for meatloaf, and good size for DS.

Shake N Bake Recipe:

2 cups corn flakes
    1 cup panko crumb
    1 tbsp salt
    1 tbsp dried onion flakes
    3 tsp paprika
    1 tsp sugar
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp parsley
    1/2 tsp basil
    1/2 tsp oregano
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/4 c veg oil

Lasts in pantry for up to 2 months.
    -------

Last night was DHs day to cook but he had to go help his brother with something at the last minute and I didn't have anything prepared beforehand so did probably 1 cup of corn flakes, 1 tbsp rosemary, 1 tbsp thyme, 1 tbsp oregano, s/p. Brushed chicken breast with small amount of mayo before coating. It was delicious!
    julesie-pie and chesterjes like this.

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    Oh I love these But I don't find the crock pot that hard to clean really, no harder than any other pot or pan really. I do put it in the dish washer if it's too bad, though my smaller one fits better than my big one. I just have cheap ones from Walmart, one small and one big.

I also like skillet meals, meat (ground or diced beef, chicken or turkey) and pasta or rice with some sauce. But I tend to use creamy ones which I guess aren't an option. Add in broccoli or something. White chili is good too, chicken instead of beef, no tomatoes, some broth, white beans, I add in carrots as well, and chili spices.

Tuna, sweet potato, carrot cakes, mix up a can of tuna, with cooked carrots and sweet potatoes, add in horse radish for some zing, make into patties, you can coat them in corn meal if you like, fry them up (non stick pan works well), serve with a salad or whatever on the side.

Kabobs are good, I have a stand up grill with a kabob thing, put on meat (salmon, chicken, beef, whatever you like) with veggies like mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and grill them. Serve with some rice.

If you like peppers, stuffed ones are good. You could use quinoa instead of rice, adds a bit more protein - can also be made in a slow cooker.

Oh, I like cabbage rolls too, but am usually too lazy so just use beef, shredded cabbage, rice and tomato sauce (bake or use the slow cooker).
    We do stuffed peppers, love them! Never done them in the crock pot though...I got to bust that thing out more. Hopefully I find a full-time job soon and then I am sure it will get used a LOT more.

Those tuna cakes sound interesting! We don't eat a lot of tuna but these sound fun. Will have to try them. Maybe I'll make them for lunch one day. One thing I am bad at is lunch ideas for me and the kids. I'm usually lazy with lunch and it's usually a sandwich or chicken fingers or leftovers..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    I use my slow cooker more in the winter. Love making pulled pork. We Google various recipes they all turn out.

I have a meal spreadsheet. I will hop on my computer and post. I try to keep adding to it to add variety. We have our favourites too though. Sometimes looking at it reminds me I can pair something up differently.
    We do a lot of pulled pork in the slow cooker too. So easy and yummy!
    chesterjes likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Here is the menu spreadsheet:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 10.13.43 AM.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  41.0 KB

My fav of our newborn shots that were just returned (Josette is one month now):
    Name:  CCP_1099_bw.png
Views: 253
Size:  472.3 KB
    Last edited by Granger; Mon, Aug 31st, 2015 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Formatting
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Frugal is not being cheap cherielake's Avatar
    Trading Score
    397 (100%)

Im not much help with meal planning or recipes its just whatever then kids want they usually get.. which is usually baked chicken breasts, taco lettuce wraps, pulled pork (sometimes we do chicken to replace the pork), spaghetti or pasta.. My hubby never eats what we eat.. if its not deep fried or microwaveable its usually not worth eating.. as he says. But there is one thing I make that he loves. I dont know what to call it but here is how i make it (but you need a slow cooker

1 - 2 packs of stewing beef (I buy stewing beef to help costs stay down you can definitely use your favorite beef roast)
    2 cans of Campbells condensed mushroom soup
    1 pk of onion soup mix
    and a slow cooker

put in the soup mixes.. stir, add beef..
    turn on low for 6 hours
    stir every couple hours if you can

and serve it over mashed potatoes.. its like a beef gravy, and its freaking delicious!

Oh! And I sent my wishlist in
    chesterjes likes this.

Looking for some cute or fun handmade gifts? Check out my facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/bowtique.ccs

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Venuila View Post
    I haven't found the crockpot liners anywhere...mind you I haven't really been actively looking. Planning on stopping at the dollar store today, will have to check. It's not as bad as you think to clean without them though. Just make sure you grease it beforehand and you're good to go.

We don't really do any greek seasoning style things..will have to try that. Sounds yummy! I love trying new things and well nobody else has a choice since I cook so lol!

Meatloaf Muffin Recipe:
    Ingredients:
    1 egg
    3/4 c milk
    1/2 c onion
    1lb beef
    1c shredded cheese
    1/2 cooking oats
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    Topping: 2/3 c ketchup + 1/2 c brown sugar

-Preheat oven to 350F
    -Whisk egg and milk together, add cheese, oats, onion and salt/pepper.
    -Crumble beef over mixture, mix and shape into balls and place in muffin tin. (I have one that makes 6 big muffins that I like to use now, have done them on the 12s though!).
    -Bake for 30 min (mix topping ingredients together and add for the last 10 min).
    -----

I usually also add spices I have on hand and other vegetables...if I add more veggies I'll also add a bit more of the oats. I usually just wing it, lol. Sometimes add another 1lb of beef and increase amounts too. I find they cook so much better in the muffin pans though! Never using bread pan again for meatloaf, and good size for DS.

Shake N Bake Recipe:

2 cups corn flakes
    1 cup panko crumb
    1 tbsp salt
    1 tbsp dried onion flakes
    3 tsp paprika
    1 tsp sugar
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp parsley
    1/2 tsp basil
    1/2 tsp oregano
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/4 c veg oil

Lasts in pantry for up to 2 months.
    -------

Last night was DHs day to cook but he had to go help his brother with something at the last minute and I didn't have anything prepared beforehand so did probably 1 cup of corn flakes, 1 tbsp rosemary, 1 tbsp thyme, 1 tbsp oregano, s/p. Brushed chicken breast with small amount of mayo before coating. It was delicious!
    thx! I use the club house one step Greek seasoning stuff, it's so yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Here is the menu spreadsheet:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 10.13.43 AM.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  41.0 KB

My fav of our newborn shots that were just returned (Josette is one month now):
    Name:  CCP_1099_bw.png
Views: 253
Size:  472.3 KB
    awww she is so precious!
    chesterjes likes this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

adorable photo!
    chesterjes likes this.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Nope! Currently not on any other trains
    chesterjes likes this.

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    Do it! When is your due date? I am sure we will get our buddies mid next week, mail date is over a month later. You know you want to.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Sometime this month or next possibly... With twins I'm being monitored every 2 weeks so we don't know.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

• "I have read and understand all the Package Train Rules/Guidelines. I understand if I do not follow the guidelines my name will be added to to the consequence list in the sticky and may be banned from riding future package trains”

I'll join I'm not on any trains.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!

Trading Score
    359 (100%)

granger the is a great photo!!

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Big day today!!! Back to school for kids here in Sask. Big day for us starting a new school. I think im just as nervous as Kayden is.
    julesie-pie and chesterjes like this.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scbpooh View Post
    Big day today!!! Back to school for kids here in Sask. Big day for us starting a new school. I think im just as nervous as Kayden is.
    We still have a week before kiddo goes back. Hope Kayden enjoys the new school. First day is always nerve wracking. Jackson is going into grade 1, same school but I'm nervous for him I don't think he is at all.
    scbpooh, julesie-pie and Venuila like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@juliejolie another SC had twins beginning of August. I am sure she would love to connect if you have not already ( @Angela273 )! So happy you are riding, you need something for you in the busy time! Good to distract as you wait too!
    Last edited by Granger; Tue, Sep 1st, 2015 at 09:24 AM.
    juliejolie and julesie-pie like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Shaw & Julie are approved
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Shaw & Julie are approved
    Thanks Fallen!
    Wishlist & info sent to chesterjes
    chesterjes likes this.

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information