User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: thoughts on the pc world elite mastercard at shoppers??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

just received my atlantic superstore flyer , front page inside cover its advertising the world elite mastercard ,, no annual fee, 30 pc points per dollar in store and at shoppers 30 pc points per dollar. im signing up to replace my rbc optimium credit card. this at the moment seems pretty good as long as they leave the redemption levels at shoppers alone ,,, giving us all time to spend our points.
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Shoppers Drug Mart
    kristeven, amira84, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just wonder how long they will give you 30 points per dollar, sounds too good for them to give that forever. I would check the fine print.
    Last edited by dededi; Tue, Sep 8th, 2015 at 07:18 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I love the idea that we can earn 3% rewards on not only loblaws banner stores, but also in Sdm. We have PC World MC right now and we earn so much money (in points) on it. Now they are sending us this World Elite MC by the end of the month and we'll be earning more money faster! Love it!
    Ciel, walkonby, kristeven and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

My only problem with PC credit cards is that the ones I've researched do not cover fraudulent purchases. Almost all cards do nowadays including Walmart's cc so I hope this new PC one does.
    Ciel, kristeven, amira84 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

BC gal: I have had a pc MasterCard for 15 yrs and never had an issue other than sometimes they are too suspicious, like when they froze my DHs card while on vacation even though I told them we were away. I am switching to the new card and will ditch my SDM MC.
    clarinetb, super_e, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BC Gal View Post
    My only problem with PC credit cards is that the ones I've researched do not cover fraudulent purchases. Almost all cards do nowadays including Walmart's cc so I hope this new PC one does.
    What are you talking about bc gal? I have been using pc mc for 4 yrs now and i think they froze my card once because someone tried to use my card in England and they thought it was a suspicious activity. They called me right away and asked about it. Sure enough it was a fraudulent activity. I didn't pay for that fraudulent activity, they reversed it and sent a new card to me.
    I read pcfinancials' facebook page and i read other's posts about how pc financial is robbing them and blah blah... but i think PcFinancial are the best no fee bank.

Also, once i didn't know that i didn't have enough funds in my account (debit) for a preauthorized payment. Pc guys took i don't know how much from my account as an NSF (may be $50 or so. They have higher NSF than some other banks). I gave them a call, explained what happened, told them that my history with them has been very good, i never had any declined payments, and i requested them to reverse this non sufficient fee. The rep was vey polite. He put me on hold while he was investigating about my history with them. He came back fairly quickly and reimbursed half the money right away and the other half was in my account within 1 week.

I never had a single bad situation with them.
    Ciel, walkonby, kristeven and 3 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I LOVE my RBC Optimum MasterCard. But, this new card is VERY enticing. I will definitely look into replacing my Optimum credit card with this one, as I earn most of my SDM points with my credit card.
    Ciel and Davetherave like this.
    Earn money back when shopping on-line by going through the Ebates site. Use my referral link below.
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=p162PRHFagw%3D
    Earn SwagBucks -- get stuff free! Use my referral link below.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kristeven

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

What I mean is, there is nothing in the contract about covering fraudulent purchases like I've read for other cards. Twice I've gotten the application and neither one said anything about covering fraudulent purchases. If they do, great, but all I'm saying is read the contract/application and check to see if it says anything about it.

Out of any credit card, PC would be my first choice since I shop there the most as well as get my gas, but I would not get a card that did not have any guarantees about fraudulent purchases. So many people have had credit card fraud and not been protected, it is the most important thing to me, before fees, points, or anything else.
    Last edited by BC Gal; Wed, Sep 9th, 2015 at 12:32 AM.
    Ciel and Davetherave like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

1. fraud is protected im 99% sure due to mastercard agreement.. (regardless of issuer... )..
    2. without trying to be offensive.. I bet the majority of users on here wouldnt be eligible for this card.
    Yes its a great card for no annual fee but the minimum income requirment is 120K household or. 70k Personal..
    Ciel, amira84 and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bryceton View Post
    1. fraud is protected im 99% sure due to mastercard agreement.. (regardless of issuer... )..
    2. without trying to be offensive.. I bet the majority of users on here wouldnt be eligible for this card.
    Yes its a great card for no annual fee but the minimum income requirment is 120K household or. 70k Personal..
    About min. household income requirement for this card..... i had pc mastercard (basic one) for almost 2 yrs when they sent me an invitation to a free upgrade to PC World MC. I am a stay at home mom and hubby had an income of less than $55000 at that time.
    I am still a stay at home parent with a household income less than $100k (can't tell how much on a public forum, but its very veryyyyyyyy less than $100k ) but PC guys still sent me an invitation for this card. So i think it all depends on how they evaluate you. We don't pay any interest on MC but we use it for EVERY.SINGLE.PURCHASE even for a small coffee.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This is the card they sent me:

Name:  20150908_213850.jpg
Views: 1825
Size:  53.0 KB
    Ciel, walkonby, innaor and 2 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My PC mastercard is my main card- I use it for pretty much everything I buy, so I am super excited about this new card. Getting 30pts instead of 20 is a big upgrade that I'm excited about. I usually pay debit at shoppers (i'm not really sure why)....but now I will be using my new PC elite card at Shoppers too. I do almost all of my grocery shopping at Zehrs (Loblaws) so this works well for me.
    Ciel, amira84 and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am very excited about this card too! And I notice my purchases are being posted now as "Elite" so getting the extra points already! This is really going to change my redeeming pts agenda!
    Ciel, nalaric, amira84 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I just checked my pcpoints account and noticed that i have started receiving my PC Elite MC rewards from the day they mailed my MC, although i haven't received it yet.

BUT what i am most excited to share is that, sdm gc purchases are included in this MC rewards.

I shopped at sdm 2,3 days ago and bought a $106 sdm gc to pay for my next transaction. I received 1060 optimum base points (obviously) and i also got 106×30=3180 pcpoints for my purchase. (3180pcpoints = $3.18). I am so happy about it. Definitely feels like jumping, dancing and screaming with joy but i am a mom now, not a toddler. Lol
    Ciel, innaor, MrsMer and 6 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I use my SDM Mastercard when I make purchases at SDM.
    I use my PC Mastercard when I make purchases at Superstore.

Just want to clarify that based on what is written above, this new card would now get me points at BOTH stores and essentially take up less room in my wallet because I could cancel the other 2... AND it would get me more points at both stores.

Am I understanding that right?!?!?
    Ciel, amira84, dededi and 2 others like this.
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information