User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If u you are still in school do you skip any of your classes?
    If so, why?

I skip my early morning classes because I just can't wake up!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

bcteagirl
    Nope.... at the doctoral level, there are generally 3 to a class... they tend to notice if you are not there

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

very true!
    im at the undergrad level so lectures i can afford to go missing and nobody will know!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bcteagirl View Post
    Nope.... at the doctoral level, there are generally 3 to a class... they tend to notice if you are not there
    so how do you haf so much time to go on SC with all the work they pour on you?? ur amazing might i add!

jackeroonie
    i learned the hard way....
    used to skip class a LOT in 1st year, ending up failing my program. lol

no more skipping for me.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm a doctoral student too and grad classes have about 10 students on average so i can't skip

I also TA undergrads so I have to be there for the tutorials... while they can just skip the tutorial and nothing will happen . I'm an easy going TA... I know tutorials and lectures are as boring as hell and I keep this in mind when teaching. I don't keep the students for longer than necessary: when the tutorial is over it's over whether that takes the full 50 minutes or just 30 minutes.

bcteagirl
    Quote Originally Posted by blistex View Post
    so how do you haf so much time to go on SC with all the work they pour on you?? ur amazing might i add!
    90% of what I do right now is on the computer..... so I can be 'around' and working at the same time. Once I get going on my thesis I will be back in the real world and have less time...

Oh, and thanks

Prue
    I don't tend to go to my Tues night class. Its a 100 level psych course I took just for interest sake (exceptional children behavior disorders) and the prof is not very interesting. She is one of those profs who draws out what should be a 1hr lecture into 3hrs and all she does is read off the power point slides on the screen, which are available online and which are taken straight from the text! Thankfully the text is really interesting, & I did very well on the exam in spite of not going to classes

As for classes in general I usually go!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i go to every class im afraid i was miss something important like a major assignment or something. A lot of people that skip end up failing and i dont want to be stuck in school longer than i need to be lol

bcteagirl
    Yeah, a lot of the proffs in the intro psyc classes here are sure to stick in some 'extra' information that people would miss if they skipped and just used the power points. fyi

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I sometimes don't go, but I try to drag my butt there, even if I'm gonna be late, it's better than not being there at all.

Prue
    Quote Originally Posted by bcteagirl View Post
    Yeah, a lot of the proffs in the intro psyc classes here are sure to stick in some 'extra' information that people would miss if they skipped and just used the power points. fyi
    haha I had a soc prof last year do that! But in all fairness she told the class on the first day she feels students should come to class and that a lot of her exam material would be taken directly from lecture material that would not be on the handouts! Thankfully her class was really interesting and she was a great speaker so I was always there

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

i skipped class in highschool!

Julie Andrews
    Way back in the day when I was in university, I'd skip class every thursday. I still remember one semester I had a class from 8-9am and then I had classes back to back from 10am-9pm. I HAD to skip a couple of classes that day just for my own sanity.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hahhah crazy 8-9am!
    i haf frends in engineer department and mon/wed/fri it's 8am!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information