Page 74 of 113 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1688
Like Tree4554Likes

Thread: 2015 Advent Train *Opening Time*

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by becky_j View Post
    Attachment 299718 day one thanks buddy

Your welcome. It took forever to find a somewhat affordable advent calendar that didn't have chocolate. I thought it was a cute one and it can be used for stocking stuffers too.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

A Gummi advent calender? DH would have went crazy over that, where Is it from?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

The gummi calendar is from Squish, a store inside the Queen Street HBC

https://www.squishcandies.com/en_ca

Quote Originally Posted by new2sc View Post
    A Gummi advent calender? DH would have went crazy over that, where Is it from?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear about your dh's job I can't believe they would do that right before Christmas. I hope he gets one of those construction jobs and start quickly. Is he at least going to get some kind of severance package? (When Dh and I met we had started in the same training class at a call centre. We worked there less than a year before they announced they were moving the call centre overseas and would be closing in a couple months. Dh and I both stayed until the end and got decent severance packages. They also had a job fair where Dh got hired at his current job where he's been for almost 8 years. He has better pay, a 50% discount on our cable, Internet, and 2 cell phone services... I went to the ups call centre and worked there until a bit before ds1 was born. Dh and I discussed our options (working opposite shifts and never getting to see each other, daycare where I might bring home a tiny bit extra after covering daycare but then we both didn't like the risk due to all the horro stories out there even though 99% are probably great, or me being a stay at home mom which is what we decided on... While it was very stressful that we both lost our job at the same time, and we didn't have our kids yet, we both got our jobs very quickly. Dh got his right away and I got mine 2-3 months later which was perfect for me as I needed time off after working 2-3 jobs since I was in high school.)

i hope you don't mind that I shared my story. I wanted it to be a hopeful story for you, especially since your Dh already has a couple of job leads. Imo things worked out better for us and I'm hoping thing will work out better for you 4 as well.

I'm feeling a bit better for now. I woke up several times yesterday for an hour or so feeling a bit better before my headache returned (pounding splitting headache) and set off my stomach again. I've had migraines in the past but never that bad (probable because it was a migraine combined with a bug.) but I am hoping the worst is over. Dh is going to take ds1 to school this morning (like he does every school day) then go get some groceries because Tuesday and Wednesday are his current days off. He's supposed to get me some Diet Pepsi, he was supposed to get it yeasterday but I told him I was too sick to have it anyway so he's getting it with the Main grocery shop today. Usually me, Dh, and ds1 will get the groceries after dropping off ds2 at school but Dh will be going alone today as I don't want to push myself and get worse or risk getting anyone else sick.

Ya not really the best timing, they let 12 people go yesterday we are hopefully he will find something soon. And thanks for sharing your story. Hopefully the economy picks up soon.

Hope you are on the mend today. I used to get terrible migraines but cutting soy from my diet really helped. I did have the starting of one a couple days ago but I was able to catch it early enough when it was just aura & take some meds that it went away before the pain set in.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Day 1's gift was for DD1 & was extremely generous! A kinder advent calendar & 6 Christmas crafts. She opened it this morning before school & was very excited, had her first chocolate & ask to do a craft this afternoon after school.

Thanks so much N@t@!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    361 (100%)

You are very welcome .. I hope making smakl projects will keep Hannah busy for a while . Sorry for the price tags .. it was no way i could take them off other than opening packages which i didn't want to do.

I hope you are feeling better today .

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Day 1 looks awesome so far!

We're under a freezing rain warning this afternoon Totally sucks, it's the one night a week that my parents babysit so I can get out with my friends (I sound like a teenager lol)... we had plans to go out for dinner but it depends on the weather.
    francine1985, julesie-pie and N@t@ like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

I love it! I tried today's but saved a couple for dh. So yummy. Definitely can't get that in Ottawa.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

@army_girl29 is it doing anything in Ottawa yet? It's sprinkling here right now but it doesn't look like it's freezing
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

My buddy was becky_j

My wishlist was crappy in terms of what I wanted :p as I have never done this before so hopefully it was not too much! I had stuff like Chocolate, Any candy, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Batteries, Any make-up samples, Perfume samples, Dental floss, Travel size Tylenol, Tweezers, Make-up sponges, Hot chocolate, Any travel cream/lotion, Coffee, Bic or Sharpie Permanent Markers etc.

Name:  20151123_210638.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  109.3 KB

I *think* this is my day 1 since this is a calendar!

The rest of the stuff are in the carton so I am randomly pick some instead of designated ones
    Last edited by Arvilish; Tue, Dec 1st, 2015 at 04:30 PM.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I'm at the in laws 'til tomorrow Buddy(ies)! I will open day one tomorrow.
    Love seeing all your gifts

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

WOW that is so pretty! Never seen such beauty before
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Tonight was the lighting of city hall here in Regina. Kayden was pretty happy to get some one on one with our mayor!
    Name:  20151201_182908.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  57.0 KB

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

Day 1 = Organic Tea Gift Box Set... Woohoo...

Thank you Arvilish
    Attached Images Attached Images  

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Very exciting to see what everyone else has received! My daughter and I were spoiled today, she received a Christmas countdown chalkboard sign that she has on her door and I received 3 packages of Christmas cupcake liners and neon food colouring! Awesome, as we are going to start our Christmas baking this weekend! I will be taking a picture every couple of days or so.

Unfortunately DD will not be opening her gift tomorrow. She had a major tantrum before bed, wanting to open her advent gifts now instead of waiting...so she will be delayed hopefully just the one day.
    Are you looking for my answers for the Advent train? You can find them on my wishlist (about me)

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members...mple=1#aboutme

Page 74 of 113 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast

Thread Information