• 3 Post By rockco
  • 2 Post By Jeff D
  • 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 2 Post By Jeff D

Thread: Printed in Wrong Language = Wasted Coupons and Missed Deals

Fairly Experienced
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I tried printing off some $2-off Arm & Hammer cat litter coupons but they came out in the wrong language!! I was on the ".ca" sites, not ".com" PLUS I could see the Canadian flag up at the top PLUS I had the option of French language....so WHY DID IT PRINT OFF IN SOME JIBBERISH?? I don't know what it is. Maybe it's Spanish, but I don't know. There's plenty of English on it like "Internet Coupon"and "Manufacturer's Coupon" but the details are in a different language. NOW I CAN'T PRINT ANY MORE to try and troubleshoot the problem.

I went to Arm and Hammer's Canadian site and tried printing

I then tried directly on Smartsource.ca (it was the Can. site because I could select my province, not state)

I reached my limit so I'm stuck.

I wanted to get the coupons and add them to the 4.99 cat litter price at Lawtons which would be a heck of a buy.

Anybody else experiencing this aggravation? How can it be fixed?
    This thread is currently associated with: Smart Source
    Last edited by Jeff D; Thu, Feb 4th, 2016 at 11:35 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Are you sure it's not French? If you get a cashier out of high school, they usually still remember enough French to process the coupon for you

Another language isn't gibberish. Someone will understand it

Post a sample here with the word VOID on the image and someone is bound to know what it is

Fairly Experienced
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  IMG_20160205_024856.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  39.9 KB

Il est ne pas francais! Je recontre un peux mais il est tres terrible! Je utlizer un app avec mon iPad qui liser autre langue et changer cest du anglais, mais il est ne pas comprend cest langue. 3 persons regardez ca est pas comprend.

I know it isn't french. 2 cashiers looked as well as the manager. Since she couldn't read it she told me she didn't know what to do with it.
    Last edited by Jeff D; Fri, Feb 5th, 2016 at 02:44 AM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

My goodness, that's nuts! Email smartsource about it.
    Ciel, walkonby and Jeff D like this.

Fairly Experienced
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    My goodness, that's nuts! Email smartsource about it.

Already ahead of you. I also emailed Arm&Hammer as well so hopefully they'll respond and send me some. The downside is that I missed this opportunity to nab this cat litter for 2.99 when it's around 8 bucks!
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Jeff D , I've experienced this problem in the past. It may be malware. Couple of things you can try
    - run several adware/malware cleaners
    - clear browser history

Your browser may have been hijacked. Check for software ad-ons and remove.

This fixed a couple of our computers, but in the end, one of the laptops had to be factory reset (backup data, factory reset, install all new software, perform software updates and restore data...lots of work).
    Ciel, Jeff D and torontogal12 like this.

Fairly Experienced
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rockco View Post
    @Jeff D , I've experienced this problem in the past. It may be malware. Couple of things you can try
    - run several adware/malware cleaners
    - clear browser history

Your browser may have been hijacked. Check for software ad-ons and remove.

This fixed a couple of our computers, but in the end, one of the laptops had to be factory reset (backup data, factory reset, install all new software, perform software updates and restore data...lots of work).
    Thanks. I'm fairly good with computers. I know what it's like to restore a computer. It's a tiresome, tedious process! Done it a bunch of times but eventually made a restore image on my HDD to shorten the process.

i have AVG free. I use Microsoft Malicious Software Removal tool, Spybot S&D, Malwarebytes Anti Malware, and WinPatrol. I'm not saying though there still can't be something on there though. I also have different browsers. I have Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.

If I download software I'll scan it before doing an install, as well as do a "custom install" to catch any sneaky ad-on programs that come packaged with them.
    Ciel and rockco like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow that's wild! Hope it all works out
    Ciel likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Fairly Experienced
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Just a quick update: They never replied to my question about this, and I still can't try printing them again. >:-( I'm thankful for your input though. If I ever find the reason and solution I'll post it so it can possibly help others in the future.
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Thread Information