User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by yumemiruserenity View Post
    Matix 82, i agree, however, still believe the company need to have better training.
    I'm not sure if training would help some ppl. Some ppl just should not work in a customer service industry. Although I think that companies should make up some sort of quick guide for common situations. Such as coupons on sale items etc.

I've never worked at Walmart, so far in my life I have managed to avoid it. I don't think I would ever want to work there. I know I don't have the patience to work in that place.

That being said, I think that there are a few things needed to work in the customer service industry:
    -good self esteem (so that when you are faced with an angry person you know it is not a reflection on who you are as a person but a reaction to a given situation)

-patience (a must)

-ability to learn and ask questions (crutial in every job)

-not take life too seriously (by this I mean the ability to let something slide off your back, and know that your job is important to you as it provides money, but you are more than your job. I've seen co-workers get too stressed out about a job related issue and panic. I am more on the laid back side)

-problem solving skills and people skills (both necessary, ppl often expect a lot of a customer service person, if my particular store doesn't offer the item or service, if I know somewhere that does, I will tell them to try this or that place)

Although the more I think about it, most of these skills are useful for life as well. I am trying to allow myself to relax more and not take things too seriously. It is part of the reason I work where I do. It is an easy job, I get to talk to ppl and practice getting out of being shy. It has helped greatly and I have learned that I can bite my tongue when necessary and be diplomatic. I will say, I cannot wait to be done of this minimum wage job .
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Here is a thought...if walmart is such a horrible place then why is it the top retailer?????????Why do millions of people shop there if its soooooo bad????????Because its not! Walmart is a wonderful store and i stand by that 100%, again if you disagree start your own thread and leave this one alone. If you cant handle that there are alot of people out there who love walmart then i dont know what to say. you are the minority on this issue, maybe this site is biased and or at least majority of its users. If all you can do is be negative then you are part of the problem, maybe your glass is half empty. Walmart has done wonders since taking over woolco and coming to canada, communities encourage walmart to come to them because of how great they are on communitites. When a walmart builds it employs hundreds of people old and young, providing them with a great benefit package, merit raises scheduled raisies, stock options, employee discounts and profit sharing. If your walmarts are so horrible then i have a suggestion, if you can do better then go work at your local store if not then your negetive comments mean nothing. When people they tend to overaggerate which drives me nuts, nobody has ever had to wait an hour for a manager,no body has ever been mistreated and ignored by management. Stop catering your posts for sympathy because majority of the situations described on this site are simply not true. Lets be honest if you had to wait 2 minutes then say two minutes, since when does time mysteriouly speed up on your watch and not everyone elses. The truth is the truth and if you look at the number they tell it all, walmart is great and many many many people shop there and enjoy it. thanks
    Last edited by amanda55; Thu, Feb 12th, 2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: :)

CPNnewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (83%)

they are top retailer because they are cheap! when you don't have a lot money, the cheapeast is the best. Perhaps because you now make 90k+, your lifestyle is not the same as when you first started? so many small store has closed down due to walmart's existance! i stand by my thought on this!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

SC is for posting your shopping opinions, good or bad. If someone has a differing view, there's not much that can be done about that. There are different stores and different ways staff handle scenarios (even if it should be streamlined across the board, it's not).

I think what you really meant to do, and should do, Amanda, is to read and/or post your own review of WM and SS in the Store Review forum. That is the place for those discussions. Here's the link:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/canadian-stores-reviews/

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

good suggestion amberlab

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

actually there is a whole section just about walmart.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/44890-w...-store-canada/

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good suggestions about other places on the forum .

BTW, I can't believe the involvement this one posting has spurred. I didn't realize that SC was so active.

Anyway, boys and girls I need to actually go to work. Wish me luck .

Hope everyone has a good and calming day.

-Matrix
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

no comment
    Last edited by pari; Thu, Feb 12th, 2009 at 07:08 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (95%)

I love No Frills
    Last edited by Aliciax; Thu, Feb 12th, 2009 at 07:15 PM.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aliciax View Post
    I love No Frills
    I love zehrs
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I honestly have no problems with Wal-Mart......some times I think peoples expectations are too high - in any business....lets face it, we all have good days and bad days and the really important thing is what you do with it .....so the cashier was rude, well ok, I can't see any reason to let that spoil your day....I've have good and not so good experiences while shopping, regardless of the store

or did I wander off topic?

MissBobloblaw RULES
    and so do my new GREEN shoes

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I'll keep with the positive about walmart here ...

I think (in my opinion) some customers tend to get frustrated a little easier because (if you've ever noticed) they choose, a saturday afternoon when the store is MAD busy to do all their shopping LOL soooo then when something goes wrong at the cash its like one big meltdown from all the frustration they felt in the store...

I've started either going late(r) at night on the weekends, or monday or tuesday in the afternoon and to be frank - i've found some of the best cashiers working mid-afternoons AND the store is so peaceful. Wednesday I had a fantastic cashier who never fought once with any of my coupons, just put them all through and gushed over my son. But she was SO happy, that i'll continue to do all my shopping in Orillia during the week (I'm in Barrie - its 25 minutes away from where I live but it makes all the difference).
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sporatic View Post
    No, I am not a biased person and I am not hostile but I think people deserve better and creating threads like this will definitely make at least some people go and try their luck which I know will not work.
    I have to ask, how on earth do you know what is going to happen when I take my purchases to the cash at my local Walmart?

I have to say, my problems with Walmart are relatively minor. The biggest one is lack of items on the shelves and that's not the employee's fault. The Walmart I go to is attached to a popular mall and services a huge area of the city so things are going to sell out fast. It would be nice if they could staff the baby department with peple who have some basic knowledge about baby stuff but I usually know what I need anyway so it's not a huge deal.

I can give you one example of great service from Walmart. A few months ago my husband and I were painting our kitchen and bathroom and ran out of paint at 9:45pm. My mom had the baby but was dropping him off the next morning so the painting had to be finished that night. We ended up at Walmart 30 minutes before close and the person who was working the paint department had already gone home for the night. The manager could have easily just said that the paint department was closed and we would have to come back the next morning but instead of doing that he went and got our paint and mixed it himself.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

My hubby told he the funniest story today. Last night he was at work (store manager at superstore) and he was the only manager there and there was a customer who wanted a lobster out of the tank. Anyways i have to point out my hubby is a big wuss, anyways there was nobody working in the seafood dept so he had to go down there. My poor hubby spent like 20 minutes trying to get a lobster out of the tank without touching it, he said the customer was laughing so hard that she was crying. He eventually got it out of the tank and had no idea what to do with it and this went on for about 1/2 hour until he spotted one of his workers and got her to come over and help him out. The lady was very pleasant and her kids got a very big kick out of it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information