User Tag List

Page 96 of 115 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1713
Like Tree7338Likes

Thread: WHAT is YOUR best SDM shop this week?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    Great shop! Just remember, you paid ~$40, and got ~$40 in points, so you paid $40 for $80 worth of stuff, which is like 50% off (not really free). Still a great deal, especially if you keep your redemptions practical.
    Great point, I have to remind myself of this all the time. Not only is it 50% off, you are paying the $40 upfront, receiving the other $40 worth later (even though you could get it now). Still an awesome deal!
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    Great shop! Just remember, you paid ~$40, and got ~$40 in points, so you paid $40 for $80 worth of stuff, which is like 50% off (not really free). Still a great deal, especially if you keep your redemptions practical.
    Points were earned that are equivalent to what was paid = free.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    sweetmomma likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MunS View Post
    I have thought about this quite a bit over the past couple of months. If you look at redemption like spending actual money (i.e. being as careful in looking at prices and which products you buy while redeeming as you'd if you were spending actual cash had there been no points system in place) and buying with points as getting discounts, this problem is solved, at least for me.

I go redeem to get milk/butter/eggs/frozen stuff on sale/use coupons/upload receipts for cash back, then, it is pretty ok because I'd have paid that same price for those products literally anywhere else where there are no points system in place. I mean without SDM optimum, I would have been paying that price using cash anyways. So, the points become equal to cash for me. If I end up redeeming for overpriced products or buying unnecessary things just to reach redemption limits, that's another story. Savings are still there but not to the extent you'd have hoped/estimated while earning points.

May be it is too obvious for everyone who has been using the program for many years. It is only after I could make sense of how to redeem without losing value, I could go and finally redeem for the first time last week! Hopefully, I will get PC points conversion email soon (fingers crossed).
    I always view my points as spending money, even if I redeem say 50k, which is $85, I count that as spending $100 because when I earn the points I value them at 1k = $2. This is two fold. This challenges me to maximize spending and redemptions, and allows me to most certainly say my $40 spend was free if I earned 20k. It's all in how you look at it. If you count your redemption as the free stuff, then no your shop wasn't free because it can't be free on both ends lol.

sweetmomma and amira84 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Points were earned that are equivalent to what was paid = free.

If it were actually free, it wouldn't cost you $40. Pay $40 for $80, 50% off. You're still out $40.
    shopperwho likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

we can consider either our first shop free or our redemption as free. we cant consider both things as a free haul.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    we can consider either our first shop free or our redemption as free. we cant consider both things as a free haul.
    Well you may consider a $40 shop free, but the credit card company doesn't think that way...

Ultimately the goal is to spend as little as possible for your needs, not balance purchases - redemptions = 0.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    If it were actually free, it wouldn't cost you $40. Pay $40 for $80, 50% off. You're still out $40.
    I am not out $40, I have $40 in points, which I consider as $40. I am not out anything.

Momof3girlies and Brenda s like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Well you may consider a $40 shop free, but the credit card company doesn't think that way...

Ultimately the goal is to spend as little as possible for your needs, not balance purchases - redemptions = 0.
    If that works for you then fantastic!!! your goals are your goals and not someone else's Sometimes you have to spend money to make money

Last edited by annedougherty; Sat, Mar 19th, 2016 at 08:41 PM.
    Momof3girlies and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Double post

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sometimes you have to spend money to make money

+1 from me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Levres Barrier Repairing Balm

$3 at clearance; regular price of 9.99! Initially went to get Suede Soft Spoken [I gave up lol]. This lip balm made me run so much for my change. I used this balm for two days and my lips are so unbelievably soft that it it ridiculously amazing!

Its true that you have to spend money to get money but I am being way too cheap nowadays. Too bad, I closed my SDM optimum account
    amira84 and maple7 like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to sdm today for

20x the points. Found my BB cream marked down to $1.99!!!!! And face
    Scrub reg $13.99 on for $1.99!!!! So happy with my haul and just need 1000 pts to be at 190,000!!!!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, Mar 20th, 2016 at 01:52 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I went to shoppers on Friday to use my personal 20x offer. I had a list.... Then I spotted a clear out on playtex sport pads.

7x playtex pads $3.99-$2 coupon $1.99 each
    2x Tampax pocket pearl $3.99-$1cpn $2.99e-$3wub2co51-$1.49 each
    1x toy story band aid (total impulse my son is OBSESSED so perfect for his Easter basket $3.76
    1x kids 0-9 nighttime cough and cold $15.79 (went for the smaller bottle because I have a very sick baby but it was $9.99 and the bottle over twice as big was only $15! And well it was the whole reason I went lol)

Hit $40 before coupons so got 20x the points. 11400 and paid ~$41 after taxes. So pretty good. Retails for just over $55 at sale price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Momof3girlies and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I am not out $40, I have $40 in points, which I consider as $40. I am not out anything.
    I am with Anne on this one. When I see products advertised at 20x with a 20X WUB promotion I tell myself these products are free! The points I earn on these are money in the bank so I always aim to maximize my redemptions and not buy frivolously when I redeem these points.

I can't wait to get the email to exchange to PC Plus. Pleazzzzze Galen send me that email!!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bargain Seeker View Post
    I am with Anne on this one. When I see products advertised at 20x with a 20X WUB promotion I tell myself these products are free! The points I earn on these are money in the bank so I always aim to maximize my redemptions and not buy frivolously when I redeem these points.

I can't wait to get the email to exchange to PC Plus. Pleazzzzze Galen send me that email!!!
    So you guys will never get a job in accounting bookkeeping or banking lol. As long as you're thrilled...
    Anna Michele likes this.

Page 96 of 115 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast

Thread Information