User Tag List

Thread: young parents

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm 18 and my boyfriend is only 16... I'm pregnant and we're not sure when to tell people. Especially his parents because his mom will freak. Any advice?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ~Everytime they put her down, she makes a fist and the tears roll down~

Julie Andrews
    Tell them before they hear it through the grape-vine. Other than that... be as gentle as possible.
    Good luck!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with Julie. And its better that both of you tell her together.
    ∂уαмσи∂gιяℓ™

Back online & catching up kdoucette's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

When you tell them have a plan in hand. How are you going to suuport the little one. What are your school plans. I think the family's will be happier if you show you have it together and a plan.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

i would tell them when your ready but i would also make it soon so they don't hear it from someone else! when i told my mom is cried and then got over it and she was so happy! Don't worrie!i was 17 almost 18 when i had my son!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i agree with everyone in here...especially have a plan, i was in the same boat as you are, i was 16 my bf was 17 ( i turned 17 and a month later she was born!) i was soooooo scared to tell my dad i was pregnant i hid it until i was 6 months along, the worst that happened was he didnt talk to me for one day,( i gueses to let it sink in? ) and then came ALL the questions about our futures etc., but we made it! lol and now i am just 30 with a 13 yr old daughter , a 9 year old son and i have been married to my hubby for 10 yrs!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

wow I salute any one having children when their young like that I was 24 when I found out I was pregnant after trying, wanted children and talked about it with my boyfreind of 6 years and I was still absolutely terrified I mean terrified about everything from having the baby to all the way till she left home everything scared me now I can't imagine life without her, life must of been dull

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

How did it go?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I remember being "there". I was 17 when my first was born, and I did not tell my Dad untill my 9th month (he lived far away).
    The only advice I can give is better sooner then later. Whats done is done, and theres no going back now. They will understand that, and after the initial shock, things will cool down.
    This is an important time for you in your life, and you deserve the support of family and friends, even if they might think its not the best choice for you now, its a decision you made.
    If your old enough to be a mommy, then your old enough to own up to it (not trying to sound rude, just real)

You can try just blurting it out, writing it in a note, or card, over the phone or any other way you feel comfortable.
    I told my mom on mothers day, I gave her a card with the ultrasound picture inside.
    Good luck, and congratulations, a baby is the sweetest gift anyone can receive...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by shandadee; Mon, Dec 1st, 2008 at 11:27 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My mom and my best friend knew from the very beginning. I cant tell anyone else until his parents know because I dont want it to leak out before we can tell them. It's going to have to be soon because I'm actually sick of hiding it. I've wanted children for so long and I want to yell and tell everyone.... *le sigh*
    ~Everytime they put her down, she makes a fist and the tears roll down~

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I hope you are able to find a way soon.
    Like Shandadee said..
    This is an important time for you in your life, and you deserve the support of family and friends, even if they might think its not the best choice for you now, its a decision you made.
    Good luck!

Thread Information