• 9 Post By Purdee
  • 5 Post By jasperandchar
  • 4 Post By ticul
  • 5 Post By morningrose
  • 2 Post By immac2947
  • 2 Post By jasperandchar
  • 5 Post By cally
  • 2 Post By walkonby

Thread: DH and standing his ground while out Bacon shopping (bless his heart) - gold star!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

This is decidated all the husbands that are willing to shop the sales and use coupons at the same time for their families
    (GOLD STAR)

MY dh is definitely earning his couponing badges and who knew he was a coupon ninja
    (a force to not be reckoned wi
    th)

My poor dh, he's a trooper when it comes to me sending him with coupons, well it's only been the last 2 weeks, I appreciate it and he likes that he is contributing to saving $.

Well last week I sent him for Sweet baby ray's bbq sauce and the 1st day he calls collect (no cell phones & doesn't think to ask to use the stores phone) oh well. He says I have this 2 sided page with different stores and stuff, what do I do, I thought I was getting BBQ sauce???

I tell him don't worry about the paper that's my shopping the sales list (haha) so he grabbed the 8 bottles they had at the store. He Came home glad he got some but still had lots of coupons so he said I'll go back before the sale ends on Thursday which he did and got several more bottles for free.

Then yesterday he calls collect saying I'm at the Kanata RCSS I was just at the Carling/Kirkwood locations and they would only take 1 x $2.50 coupon for his 24 packs of bacon so he says I told them to keep there bacon . So he says they don't have the country naturals bacon sale here (Kanata) but they did at the other store.... I tell him remember the note I sent with you with the coupons and instructions he says yes...I said just check if the country naturals bacon is the same price if so we'll deal with that tomorrow , oh okay.

So he gets 24x packs of Maple leaf bacon 16x 2.50 + 8b2g1 (8 packs) free....he comes home and says wow I won't be shopping at the Carling location with their coupon policy etc. He says the guys at the Kanata location was great...no issues at all. I just put my coupons on each package and he took the coupons off as he went . He then says it's too bad the other location won't let me use more than 1 $2.50 off coupon because we could get the Country naturals because you have coupons for those (bless his heart). I told him I may call that location as ask what's going on and see I'm thinking perhaps the cashier was new, dh says okay. He says I told her I could use 1 coupon per pack of bacon and she said no you can only use 1 coupon per purchase and he says YES I want to buy 16 packs of bacon - so I can use 16 x $2.50 coupons, he says I know she's wrong

He then tells me he told the 1st location cashier to kindly keep her bacon AND oh by the way I was able to get x amount of bbq sauce last week all in 1 order for free with no hassles, have a nice day.

Gotta love the dh's for trying and standing their grounds
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Good for him and you teaching him the ways. I gave my husband a gc once and he lost it so needless to say I won't be sending him shopping EVER again but kudos to the men that get it and care enough to try

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i like reading husbands brags!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    Good for him and you teaching him the ways. I gave my husband a gc once and he lost it so needless to say I won't be sending him shopping EVER again but kudos to the men that get it and care enough to try

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    lost a gc, oy mama not happy I'm sure.
    YOU AND ME, cath007, ticul and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

What a nice little story. Yay for your DH. He is lucky to have a good teacher........................................... ........

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Hope nice that all husband's help their wives in couponing,lucky you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Agree with you that it is very difficult to use coupons at the west end store. It is like we are taking the money from their pockets

My east end Orleans store has been wonderful. Have spoken to two managers over the last month to tell them how wonderful their cashiers are.
    YOU AND ME and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by immac2947 View Post
    Agree with you that it is very difficult to use coupons at the west end store. It is like we are taking the money from their pockets

My east end Orleans store has been wonderful. Have spoken to two managers over the last month to tell them how wonderful their cashiers are.
    I agree it's very important to complement staff because GENERALLY people only complain so it's greatly appreciated.
    YOU AND ME and iheartcoupons like this.

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

Aren't hubby's who try the BEST!!! My hubby surprised me Monday morning by telling me he was able to get 18 copies of the latest SmartSource from the neighbour's kid who delivers the paper!!! I literally grabbed his face and planted a big one on him! Lol. Then I made him his favorite - cherry cheesecake with oreo crust! Lol. Gotta reward them when they do good!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Congrats to your DH for knowing he was correct and bringing home the bacon!! I am not sure mine would have fought for that one.....ha ha
    cally and jasperandchar like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Good ol hubbys and wives out there. Where is the 2.50 bacon coups? I can only find the b2g1?

Thread Information