User Tag List

Page 825 of 966 FirstFirst ... 325 725 775 815 823 824 825 826 827 835 875 925 ... LastLast
Results 12,361 to 12,375 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

cont'd

Name:  IMG_5664.JPG
Views: 447
Size:  49.9 KBName:  IMG_5665.JPG
Views: 569
Size:  53.3 KBName:  IMG_5666.JPG
Views: 518
Size:  52.1 KB

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I shopped at Safeway yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks, and at the bottom of my receipt was an invitation to complete an online survey. I took them up on that offer! Most of the survey was a bit frustrating because for each question, you could only choose from the canned responses they had listed (there wasn't even a "none of the above" option).

But then at the very end it had two questions where you could openly type in your response, so I was honest!

The second last question was something like "What did you like about your shopping trip at Safeway today?" I said I liked the fact that there were hardly any customers in the store, so there were no lineups at the cash registers.

The last question was something like "How could we improve your shopping experience at Safeway?" I wrote 3 good paragraphs about how the should restock the shelves when thy run out during the day, how they should actually have stock of their advertised items, they should stop being so chintzy with Air Miles, they should BRING BACK THE AIR MILES DEALS, they should get rid of the Compliments brand because their quality control is horrible, they should bring back the Safeway Gourmet brand, they should remove the rotten produce and the moldy cheese and dairy items from the shelves. (Side note: I never used to see rot and mold when Safeway ran things - I think the stock turnover is so slow now that the items are getting old in the store.) And I listed several specific branded items which my local Safeway used to carry that I bought regularly, and noted that I now purchase them at other stores because my Safeway doesn't carry them any more.

I also made a point of saying that I was a very loyal Safeway shopper until this past year, but now I find myself going to Safeway less and less because I am disappointed more and more. I also pointed out that often people are willing to pay slightly more for an item IF it is of the highest quality AND we can accumulate a decent amount of airmiles - but since that's disappeared, there's not much to attract us to Safeway anymore. I did make a point of mentioning that the staff at my store continued to be excellent, warm, friendly and informed. It's not their fault I'm starting to shop elsewhere.

I tried to be polite, but I sure was honest. Maybe if enough people let them know this, they'll fix things. But I don't have a lot of hope...

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

^ ^ ^ I very rarely shop at Safeway.......their prices are very expensive, even their so-called "sales" are higher than every other store......
    operabob and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lorken View Post
    I shopped at Safeway yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks, and at the bottom of my receipt was an invitation to complete an online survey. I took them up on that offer! Most of the survey was a bit frustrating because for each question, you could only choose from the canned responses they had listed (there wasn't even a "none of the above" option).

But then at the very end it had two questions where you could openly type in your response, so I was honest!

The second last question was something like "What did you like about your shopping trip at Safeway today?" I said I liked the fact that there were hardly any customers in the store, so there were no lineups at the cash registers.

The last question was something like "How could we improve your shopping experience at Safeway?" I wrote 3 good paragraphs about how the should restock the shelves when thy run out during the day, how they should actually have stock of their advertised items, they should stop being so chintzy with Air Miles, they should BRING BACK THE AIR MILES DEALS, they should get rid of the Compliments brand because their quality control is horrible, they should bring back the Safeway Gourmet brand, they should remove the rotten produce and the moldy cheese and dairy items from the shelves. (Side note: I never used to see rot and mold when Safeway ran things - I think the stock turnover is so slow now that the items are getting old in the store.) And I listed several specific branded items which my local Safeway used to carry that I bought regularly, and noted that I now purchase them at other stores because my Safeway doesn't carry them any more.

I also made a point of saying that I was a very loyal Safeway shopper until this past year, but now I find myself going to Safeway less and less because I am disappointed more and more. I also pointed out that often people are willing to pay slightly more for an item IF it is of the highest quality AND we can accumulate a decent amount of airmiles - but since that's disappeared, there's not much to attract us to Safeway anymore. I did make a point of mentioning that the staff at my store continued to be excellent, warm, friendly and informed. It's not their fault I'm starting to shop elsewhere.

I tried to be polite, but I sure was honest. Maybe if enough people let them know this, they'll fix things. But I don't have a lot of hope...
    Good for you, cause Safeway/Sobeys execs like to live in some fantasy world where they think the low oil prices are to blame for the loss of customers.
    operabob, lorken and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This week's flyer is so much better than last week's, for me. I will be going at least once, maybe twice this weekend. Since I only redeem for flights and value my airmiles at $20 per 100AM, the cheerios are break even for me, and the chips, old el paso, juice boxes and ritz are close, and then add on the large bonus coupon, and it's a win.

Plus I'm getting about 60 airmiles per week just on milk, I hope they keep that one up for a while! On the upside for Safeway, it means I am shopping there twice a week to get our milk, and might pick up some other stuff while we are there.

My projected shopping list:
    Cheerios 15 boxes @ $5 = $75 375AM
    chips 4 / $11 = $11 40AM
    juice boxes 8 @ 1.50 = $12 40AM
    ritz / cookies 6 @ $2 = $12 40AM
    milk 4 @ 4.50 = $18 60AM

=$128 with 555 AM plus will add some other stuff to put me over, maybe the Vitamin C for an extra 100 AM.

555 + 100 vit's, plus 190 bonus coupon is 845AM if I did that math right...

I need a bigger house. Or one of those rooms like on the extreme couponer's show lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ya I did quite well. Pretty much everything I bought had bonus airmiles and was on sale. Spent $151 got 652 miles lol about 1/3 of my purchase was frozen fruit. otherwise cheerios, bick's pickles and beets, bullseye bbq, oreos, potato thins, taco meat spice, milk
    cookiemonster and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    This week's flyer is so much better than last week's, for me. I will be going at least once, maybe twice this weekend. Since I only redeem for flights and value my airmiles at $20 per 100AM, the cheerios are break even for me, and the chips, old el paso, juice boxes and ritz are close, and then add on the large bonus coupon, and it's a win.

Plus I'm getting about 60 airmiles per week just on milk, I hope they keep that one up for a while! On the upside for Safeway, it means I am shopping there twice a week to get our milk, and might pick up some other stuff while we are there.

My projected shopping list:
    Cheerios 15 boxes @ $5 = $75 375AM
    chips 4 / $11 = $11 40AM
    juice boxes 8 @ 1.50 = $12 40AM
    ritz / cookies 6 @ $2 = $12 40AM
    milk 4 @ 4.50 = $18 60AM

=$128 with 555 AM plus will add some other stuff to put me over, maybe the Vitamin C for an extra 100 AM.

555 + 100 vit's, plus 190 bonus coupon is 845AM if I did that math right...

I need a bigger house. Or one of those rooms like on the extreme couponer's show lol
    I ended up switching my numbers a bit based on stock, but still ended up with around the same number of airmiles, 863. Spent $159 including $2.40 in tax and and $3.50 in deposits. The cashier was shocked

Stock was already low on cheerios, and I got the last 4 orange vitamin C in our store.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Ya I did quite well. Pretty much everything I bought had bonus airmiles and was on sale. Spent $151 got 652 miles lol about 1/3 of my purchase was frozen fruit. otherwise cheerios, bick's pickles and beets, bullseye bbq, oreos, potato thins, taco meat spice, milk
    Tommy, are the potato thins good? My kids eat a lot of snacks... I still need to make one more trip this weekend, finish off my onyx for next year.
    operabob and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tommy, are the potato thins good? My kids eat a lot of snacks... I still need to make one more trip this weekend, finish off my onyx for next year.
    i only like the salt and vinegar ones
    operabob, cookiemonster and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks, Tommy!

A reminder to everyone: load your offers before you go, that's why I was 18 higher than I expected, I had a bonus offer for 25 bonus airmiles when I spent xx, and that plus the base miles brought me above where I planned even though I got a few less somewhere else.
    operabob, Lavender Lady and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I got the last 4 orange vitamin C in our store.
    Don't forget when items are in short supply you can prepay, get the AMs now and pick up later.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I bought 3 Triscuits for $6 got 20 AM and $3 from CO51.
    operabob, cookiemonster and dededi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to Sobeys to buy 30 cereals and get 750 AM. So that means there is no more limit of 500 AM per bonus offer per day. I have to test Safeway to find out if the same for Safeway.

updated: it is the same for Safeway.
    Last edited by a_1_a; Mon, Aug 22nd, 2016 at 11:26 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well wouldn't u get 948 airmiles with the coupon and base miles lol. even more if u have a spend bonus loaded on card.

I just booked a fight to toronto worked out to 22 cents a mile at current prices with low season and 25% off.

So if u spend $150 on cheerios u get a travel credit of $208.56 cents lol
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Sun, Aug 21st, 2016 at 09:04 PM.
    operabob and cookiemonster like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks, Tommy!

A reminder to everyone: load your offers before you go, that's why I was 18 higher than I expected, I had a bonus offer for 25 bonus airmiles when I spent xx, and that plus the base miles brought me above where I planned even though I got a few less somewhere else.
    Ya I've been getting spend $110 G 30 for a few months.. good little bonus
    operabob likes this.

Thread Information