• 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By coupon girl

Thread: Where to find coupons??? in Grimsby and or Hamilton

Happy shopper
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I shopped at some grocery stores (Sobeys) some of the isles in Food Basics, and the RCSS had about 7 coupies in Grimsby, and really did not find the coupons in the store. Anybody have luck finding coupons in Hamilton grocery stores or maybe in Grimsby in the month of Feb. 2017? My coupon collection is slim outside of the ones that we print at home.
    This thread is currently associated with: Food Basics, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Sobeys
    barbis9, Ciel and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Metro at Upper James/Mohawk had a Barilla Pronto pad right on the shelf with Pronto products yesterday. It got heavy action.
    I personally am not seeing much in stores beyond what Coupon Zone boards at Fortinos Ancaster carry. Even when SCers post about finding product coupons at Shoppers, I hardly manage to find any of them in my local store.

Your community paper bundle from Metroland is the source for coupon inserts plus if local businesses put any coupons in.
    If you visit Stoney Creek, you can get a copy of Stoney Creek News on Wed. afternoon/evening at Eastgate Square's customer service desk area. Also check the Coupon Zone board at Fortinos Eastgate-it tends to have a few coupons that I never see in Ancaster but rest are mostly the same throughout the chain.

Sobey's Ancaster-occasionally I'll see coupon pads inside the frozen meat freezers! Also in their orange juice fridges. But overall, it's a chance find (seeing a coupon pad on a shelf) when I'm taking my time to explore a section I usually don't buy from but want to know what is there like produce (one herb is not carried that I use), meat (I'm only there for taco kits, Juicy Jumbos and VH sauce or scoping the Jamie Oliver kitchen products on the cart). In December, there was a coupon pad for Club House vanilla extract right on the cardboard display box located by the ice cream freezers in back corner of store. I only noticed it because I wanted to see what baking supplies store had on display and happened upon the extract box. Though I already has bought a bottle a few days prior at a different store, I had not seen a coupon pad so Sobeys was a surprise for the coupon. I also look at their chip, pop and fizzy drink pyramids all around in case there is a coupon pad. Schweppes had $2 off wub 2 cases of 12 cans of Schweppes-had not seen that coupon elsewhere (it expired on Feb. 6).
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, Feb 17th, 2017 at 08:36 PM.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I too am noticing that coupon portals (standalone or the ones connected to grocery stores such as Metro) seem the mainstay of new coupons outside of inserts. I do trek to Longos (can't say I see coupons there), Sobeys, Food Basics (rare find of coupons at product shelf on occasion) and Walmart plus Fortinos. No Frills and Rexall are more infrequent visits due to their distances.
    If you happen upon a food demonstrator in-store, sometimes a coupon is available for taking!

Due to some contests that I have entered, I had to sign up to newsletters in order to enter. The odd newsletter can link to a coupon offer to print.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Bulk Barn flyers can be inserted in community paper about 1x per month or sometimes comes as a mailed (unaddressed flyer) item. You won't find them in stores-at least I do not see them at the Upper James location. Those $3 off wus $10 coupons are worth clipping. The last flyer had three such coupons (I guess company is reducing how many flyers they put out in a month).
    dededi likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes coupons are hard to find -not like years ago I have been couponing 30 some odd years -it has gone hill the last 5 years -I don't own a printer either -yes it would be nice to find some popular ones like the barilla pasta but like ceil stated that pad had a lot of use -if people would only take their fair share -I never have taken more than 6 /or 7 all these years -plus more people asre using coupons I imagine with the rising cost of groceries
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Thread Information