• 2 Post By thelmap
  • 3 Post By blueeyetea
  • 1 Post By thelmap
  • 2 Post By tobiwobi

Thread: Bedroom style improvement

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all, I hope that you are all doing well. I am here to get some suggestions for my bedroom. It's a small room with two big shelves and a cot. I have also placed a table and a chair. While cleaning the room the other day, I felt that it was too clumsy and I thought of making some changes there. I was surfing online for some ideas and I came across an interesting article [ http://www.surplusfurniture.com/blog...han-you-think/ ]. They have mentioned corner shelving and I think that this is a great way to increase the space in the room. It's a cool idea, and I have decided to replace one of the two shelves with corner shelving. I would like to get some cool designs and ideas for adding a corner shelving to my bedroom. Hoping to get some help from here.

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Newfiescreech and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you feel your room is already clumsy, then there's too much stuff occupying floor space. It's my experience that if something is on the floor, it's in the way. Are the shelves you describe on the wall above your table, or are they bookcases? Is the table your desk? As much as possible, see if you can mount stuff on the wall. Check out this site for ideas on storage:

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/categories/organizing

Since you don't mention what your housing situation is, is it possible for you to keep some of your stuff somewhere else? I only mention this because I have an unfinished basement where I can store stuff I don't need right away. I have a very small office where I work on my hobbies, but I only keep what I need for current projects, everything else is stored in plastic bins in the basement. Even my reference books and magazine collections, I'll keep in the basement. It gives you a good sense of what you really need to function. If I need to look up something in one of the books, then I'll move the book from the basement to my office.
    Last edited by blueeyetea; Thu, Mar 30th, 2017 at 10:32 AM. Reason: clarity
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you blueeyetea for your kind concern. I will definitely refer the site you have given.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Hello! My take is that your room just needs less stuff in it. You mention that it is a small room. Corner shelving kind of takes out the corner it is in, so you have less floor space. At least the kind of corner shelving that is in your link. The other kind of shelving you can put above already existing furniture, so you don't really take up extra floor space.

But anyway, if you are set on corner shelving, you could get something like this and maybe DIY it, it does not look that complicated.
    Name:  wall-mount-corner-shelf_1.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  40.9 KB

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nice sources here , thanks guys
    Last edited by natalieroi; Sat, Sep 22nd, 2018 at 06:20 AM.

Thread Information