User Tag List

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 256
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Tips to Winning Contests & Sweepstakes

  1. #196
    Junior Canuck jcjaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    559
    Likes Received
    7
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by shannoncont View Post
    whats the best way to search google for contests? i usually put in contests canada or something like that and it just brings up forums,...which i have no issues with but i think i have all the good ones now. is there a way to find the contests themselves through google?
    I sometimes will find a good contest just by looking through brand names and their promotions tab...a lot of companies seem to run some kind of promo fairly often...good luck to you!

  2. #197
    Smart Canuck r0c0upons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,537
    Likes Received
    1968
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)




    here is my best tip to winning contests....

    tell yourself "I deserve to win this." for everything you enter (because you DO deserve to win!).

    Visualize winning the prize and think about how it will affect you, or the person you'll give it to.

    and when you win the contest, thank the Universe (or whomever) for your win and say "I deserve another!"

    They had this show on TLC a couple years ago called "The Lottery Changed My Life" (or something similar)....anyway, they featured this woman who hit the jackpot and won millions of bucks. She said the key to her winning was to act as if she'd already won. I even think she went so far as to test drive new cars, but she said she'd shop online for houses, visualize herself with new outfits, etc, and she drew the win right to herself! She affirmed to herself that she deserved to win

    happy winning!
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Wed, Nov 30th, 2011 at 05:44 AM.
    Crystalmarie likes this.

  3. #198
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1
    Likes Received
    1
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)


    Quote Originally Posted by koala View Post
    Tips to Winning Contests & Sweepstakes


    Nothing beats the high of receiving that Congratulations email, or "the" phone call.
    On occasion, notification may arrive by mail, or will just arrive at your doorstep.
    No matter by what method you receive your win, it is an amazing feeling.

    Just remember, if a notification involves money, it's a scam. Legit contests do not ask for money.

    Canadian Law stipulates that a skill testing question be asked. A simple mathematical question is all that is usually required.


    Always Follow the Rules!

    Read the rules
    Make sure you read the Official Rules.
    If you an ineligible because of age, where you live, or anything else in the rules, do not enter.
    You will be disqualified.


    Enter As many times as you are allowed
    If you are entering online sweepstakes then entering daily is a good idea and doesn't cost you anything except for your time.


    Enter for prizes you want to win
    Don't enter a sweepstakes just to enter and get something free. You should enter to win prizes you can use, need, or can give away to a family member or friend.


    Install a Form Filler program to make entering faster
    Using a program such as RoboForm can save you time when entering online. It stores all of your personal data like name, address, phone, and email address.
    Personally, I do not use it, but some find the form a must.
    Again read your rules:
    You'll see something like: "Should it be discovered that an entrant is using the aid of computer programs to auto-fill entries, that entrant will be immediately disqualified from the Contest."


    Enter at least one time if you are at all interested
    The more giveaways you enter the better chance you will win something. I try to enter my favourites daily, but sometimes time does not allow that. I figure one time is better than nothing.


    Enter short-ending sweepstakes for better odds
    If you happen to stumble upon a short ending promotion then enter it immediately. One-day and one-week promotions are a good beat for winning consistently. They receive less publicity, are harder to find, and less people will be entering.


    Play Instant Win Games on a regular basis
    These can be so frustrating. It's all in the timing, but they do have results. Most of the time you are also entering for the Grand Prize. Be persistent.


    Sweepstakes offering large numbers of prizes offer the greatest potential of winning
    The more prizes a promotion is offering the better chance you will have of winning at least one.


    My favourite tip
    Sign up with your local radio station, or newspaper to receive email alerts on a regular basis. These contests cover a smaller geographic area, and the odds of winning something increases, because there is a smaller audience.
    You can win food, trips, gc's, DVD's. They have some amazing contests.


    Say Thank You to the Sponsors
    It only takes a moment, but I find it courteous to send off an email to thank the sponsors of a contest. Sometimes, I submit a photo.
    Especially, if it's a small blog hosting it, they like to post your comments/photo as a follow up on their sites.




    Have FUN!!!
    You never know when you will see the word "CONGRATULATIONS!"
    Big or small of a win, it's a great feeling. You are allowed to jump around, stop breathing for a few minutes, and you might want to throw up.

    Please share your wins in our Winner's Circle.
    We want to hear all about it!!!!


    Please contribute any tips you may want to share. Everyone has a different strategy, and everyone has their own style.

    Happy Contesting!!!
    & Good Luck!!!






    thanks for the info.. im a newby to the site and can use all the help i can get... My name is Tina .Bye for now...
    Last edited by Jeniana; Sat, Jan 21st, 2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: removed address
    Horndogg likes this.

  4. #199
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    377
    Likes Received
    1
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    I noticed there are some members of this site who seem to win very regularly. I apologize if this question has already been answered, but I couldn't find it. How many contests are you entering in a day/week/month whatever to win? I started entering about a month ago and I feel like I've entered a LOT. Only a very small win and a few air miles so far.

  5. #200
    ~ƃuılıǝɔ ǝɥʇ uo ƃuıɔuɐp~ koala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    42,526
    Likes Received
    133
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by dilbrt View Post
    I noticed there are some members of this site who seem to win very regularly. I apologize if this question has already been answered, but I couldn't find it. How many contests are you entering in a day/week/month whatever to win? I started entering about a month ago and I feel like I've entered a LOT. Only a very small win and a few air miles so far.
    I usually win off the dailies. As far as amount, that varies. Sometimes I take 1/2 hour to enter and other days maybe up to 2 hours.
    There are certain times of the year that contests are saturated and there are so many good ones to enter.

    Honestly keep plugging along. Some contest sites are very quick to draw their winners and some take months. You never know when it will be your turn.

    Good Luck and Happy Contesting

  6. #201
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)


    I'm new to this. Has anyone ever one anything from wannawin or alldaygiveaways? Just curious someone told me they don't send prizes? Thanks

  7. #202
    Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ajax, ON
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,095
    Likes Received
    874
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)



    I have heard of winners from wannawin, but I've not heard of alldaygiveaways

    Welcome to SC!!

    Quote Originally Posted by stampingla View Post
    I'm new to this. Has anyone ever one anything from wannawin or alldaygiveaways? Just curious someone told me they don't send prizes? Thanks
    Horndogg likes this.


  8. #203
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)


    Awesome thanks

  9. #204
    I'd rather be in Maui alohamom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,999
    Likes Received
    27514
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)




    test post

  10. #205
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)


    Looking for a good way of organizing my entries. I've used the bookmark method and just recently I've started to use Roboform with Roboform Companion but every time I enter I get a script error message. I would love to continue using this but I'm afraid it's too frustrating to use with the scripts drop down window popping up every time I enter.

    Would really appreciate any help on this

    Regards,
    stansuede

  11. #206
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)


    Looking for a good way of organizing my entries. I've used the bookmark method and just recently I've started to use Roboform with Roboform Companion but every time I enter I get a script error message. I would love to continue using this but I'm afraid it's too frustrating to use with the scripts drop down window popping up every time I enter.

    Would really appreciate any help on this

    Regards,
    stansuede

  12. #207
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,783
    Likes Received
    1201
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by koala View Post
    Tips to Winning Contests & Sweepstakes


    Nothing beats the high of receiving that Congratulations email, or "the" phone call.
    On occasion, notification may arrive by mail, or will just arrive at your doorstep.
    No matter by what method you receive your win, it is an amazing feeling.

    Just remember, if a notification involves money, it's a scam. Legit contests do not ask for money.

    Canadian Law stipulates that a skill testing question be asked. A simple mathematical question is all that is usually required.


    Always Follow the Rules!

    Read the rules
    Make sure you read the Official Rules.
    If you an ineligible because of age, where you live, or anything else in the rules, do not enter.
    You will be disqualified.


    Enter As many times as you are allowed
    If you are entering online sweepstakes then entering daily is a good idea and doesn't cost you anything except for your time.


    Enter for prizes you want to win
    Don't enter a sweepstakes just to enter and get something free. You should enter to win prizes you can use, need, or can give away to a family member or friend.


    Install a Form Filler program to make entering faster
    Using a program such as RoboForm can save you time when entering online. It stores all of your personal data like name, address, phone, and email address.
    Personally, I do not use it, but some find the form a must.
    Again read your rules:
    You'll see something like: "Should it be discovered that an entrant is using the aid of computer programs to auto-fill entries, that entrant will be immediately disqualified from the Contest."


    Enter at least one time if you are at all interested
    The more giveaways you enter the better chance you will win something. I try to enter my favourites daily, but sometimes time does not allow that. I figure one time is better than nothing.


    Enter short-ending sweepstakes for better odds
    If you happen to stumble upon a short ending promotion then enter it immediately. One-day and one-week promotions are a good beat for winning consistently. They receive less publicity, are harder to find, and less people will be entering.


    Play Instant Win Games on a regular basis
    These can be so frustrating. It's all in the timing, but they do have results. Most of the time you are also entering for the Grand Prize. Be persistent.


    Sweepstakes offering large numbers of prizes offer the greatest potential of winning
    The more prizes a promotion is offering the better chance you will have of winning at least one.


    My favourite tip
    Sign up with your local radio station, or newspaper to receive email alerts on a regular basis. These contests cover a smaller geographic area, and the odds of winning something increases, because there is a smaller audience.
    You can win food, trips, gc's, DVD's. They have some amazing contests.


    Say Thank You to the Sponsors
    It only takes a moment, but I find it courteous to send off an email to thank the sponsors of a contest. Sometimes, I submit a photo.
    Especially, if it's a small blog hosting it, they like to post your comments/photo as a follow up on their sites.




    Have FUN!!!
    You never know when you will see the word "CONGRATULATIONS!"
    Big or small of a win, it's a great feeling. You are allowed to jump around, stop breathing for a few minutes, and you might want to throw up.

    Please share your wins in our Winner's Circle.
    We want to hear all about it!!!!


    Please contribute any tips you may want to share. Everyone has a different strategy, and everyone has their own style.

    Happy Contesting!!!
    & Good Luck!!!






    This is awesome, thanks!!
    happywanderer likes this.

  13. #208
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)


    There are some really great tips here. I'm new to this forum but not new to entering contests. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to share their spreadsheet with me? I'm not good with excel. I can enter stuff in it but I suck at the set up. If you are willing could you please PM me.
    Thanks in advance!

  14. #209
    CaLoonie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    104
    Likes Received
    5
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    The time you spend doing daily entries should be easiest part of contesting. Finding and reading rules takes dramatically longer.
    Last edited by lostjuan; Fri, Jul 13th, 2012 at 11:47 PM.

  15. #210
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Georgina, ON
    Age
    42
    Posts
    484
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)



    I think I may have asked this before but I couldn't find my post anywhere Google often tries to enter my info as far as "rules" go does that qualify as a Robofill type entry or can I use that...........I have been typing out each and every entry.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •