User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Checking Your Receipt Before Leaving A Store

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Jan 2nd, 2020
    I always check my receipt before leaving a store from shopping as I can't always see the items being rung in and/or I am shopping out of town. Today at No Frills I was charged for an extra bag of cat food, had $6.00 in missing coupons and $1.17 in missing tax on a free item for a total of $17.33 in errors.

All was refunded back to my CC. I also had two items ring in at $.17 lower than the shelf price.

Anybody else finding this problem more lately?
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills
    Natalka, Silk, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I check the receipts almost every time I buy anything. It has become routine for me to plop myself down in a chair/bench usually close to the exit and just go over it. Drives me nuts that I do catch errors, ( I think about our eldest son as he never checks his receipts when he shops ) and it is not always the cashier scanning something twice but often incorrect prices posted.
    Stay strong and vigilant @macw1960 , the SCOPS add up.

babies teach us acceptance

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It seems like all those odd times that I don't check is when it happens. It costs me money to return to a store if I took a bus to get there and sometimes it's not worth the cost. If you are missing coupons then call and get them to take it out of the till and make sure to do the surveys and complain about it.
    I learned the hard way to never use a new person on a SDM redemption day with all those different styles of savings thrown in the mix.
    Silk, barbis9, sweetmomma and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I always check, but haven't found more errors than just the usual odd one.
    For yours, that's a lot on one transaction!

It's tougher to deal with when husband is shopping, because he doesn't always look - but if it's a big error, we've always had luck going back the next trip to whatever store it is, within the next week.
    Silk, barbis9, sweetmomma and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Walmart makes me crazy that it's difficult to see what's going on at the register. 9/10 I have to go to customer service before I leave to fix something lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Natalka, Silk, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I always check the receipt too, but I find what helps is I try to get a cash where there is at least one person already there, this way I can place all my items down for price matching etc. Once all that's done I can just watch the items being scanned. I complain to my husband sometime that I'm forgetting things, but he jokes that I can have a basket full of items, and I turn into the rainman!! I know every price by pound or kg, if it's on sale etc..I usually tell them right away if something scanned wrong or if it's a scope, but I always look over the receipt at the end..
    Natalka, Silk, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    I always check the receipt too, but I find what helps is I try to get a cash where there is at least one person already there, this way I can place all my items down for price matching etc. Once all that's done I can just watch the items being scanned. I complain to my husband sometime that I'm forgetting things, but he jokes that I can have a basket full of items, and I turn into the rainman!! I know every price by pound or kg, if it's on sale etc..I usually tell them right away if something scanned wrong or if it's a scope, but I always look over the receipt at the end..
    ha ha !! That is what I am like, I look on the screen as the items go through and I KNOW what they are supposed to be ringing up as, but sure enough the one time I avert my head to grab my bags or something...pow! An error. That is why I do scan that receipt before I leave.
    Don't we have the best fun?? ha ha
    Silk, barbis9, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Mine always happens when I am in a hurry or distracted by the kids but I try to keep an eye as well.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    Silk, barbis9, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What is with people who design point of sale systems, is my question. Some make you do the math ($12.99 - $4.29 = the price you saw on the shelf... you hope) and some don't change the prices to sale prices until the transaction is totaled. I wonder if this is intentional to mask errors from the consumer.
    barbis9, macw1960 and SavvyLady like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I caught a huge mistake after reviewing a 3 day old Costco receipt, I bought lamb and because it was not scanning the cashier had to input the price. She charged me 72.22 instead of 12.22. I almost died and needless to say I drove right back. We had a big order and we were using our rebate cheque so I only noticed it when I was reviewing the purchases for YNAB Budgetting software.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Sat, Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:34 PM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I caught a huge mistake after reviewing a 3 day old Costco receipt, I bought lamb and because it was not scanning the cashier had to input the price. She charged me 72.22 instead of 12.22. I almost died and needless to say I drove right back. We had a big order and we were using our rebate cheque so I only noticed it when I was reviewing the purchases for YNAB Budgetting software.
    Ouch, that's a big error.
    barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The best that I can. Walmart always charged me double, I think, that was Easter 2017 when they charge me twice for a conventional toaster oven, worth $94 something. I was surprised when my bill reached to $300 something, I asked the cashier about it, and she told me "don't asked me I just ring your groceries, maybe because of your formula milk". That time, I only have 4 cans of formula milk (which I price matched with save on foods for $15 each, oven toaster of $94 something, and some groceries. When she handed me the receipt, I saw that there were 2 oven toasters. I went to customer service for a refund, in where she went to the till to ask the cashier if I really have one toaster oven. The cashier where I paid is just accross CS and the she saw me went straight to CS after I paid. She helped the cashier pm-ing my veggies, and the veggies was the last one rang into my bill.

The last one was last Sunday, when I bought 2 pediasure, and got charged for 3.
    barbis9 and macw1960 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Hope you got the $10.00 SCOP, I know Costco does this, but I've never found an error yet. They might not give it to you because it was entered manually, but you can try, plus the gas and time you used to have to go back.
    barbis9 and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    Hope you got the $10.00 SCOP, I know Costco does this, but I've never found an error yet. They might not give it to you because it was entered manually, but you can try, plus the gas and time you used to have to go back.
    SCOP's have to be scanned.
    barbis9 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I always check and get a free item. My bf hates to go to customer service but I don't mind.
    macw1960 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information