User Tag List

Page 578 of 654 FirstFirst ... 78 478 528 568 576 577 578 579 580 588 628 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I found the solution to telemarketers and fake RCMP calling for CRA Attachment 333883. It works all the time and now only the unwitting dare call here
    Which is what, exactly?
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Yup..I got an invalid attachment @wolfwoman

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Did marketing at Walmart this weekend doing the health and beauty section. Watching walmart peeps taking the plastic off the deordant and using it on their arms and yes arm pits. Then putting the plastic back on and on the shelf. I went to one woman said it's unhygienic and now walmart can't sell it. She didn't care and thought it should be sold. Happened more than ten times in a few hours. Yep.. Special people who don't think.. Or they are so self centered....
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    Did marketing at Walmart this weekend doing the health and beauty section. Watching walmart peeps taking the plastic off the deordant and using it on their arms and yes arm pits. Then putting the plastic back on and on the shelf. I went to one woman said it's unhygienic and now walmart can't sell it. She didn't care and thought it should be sold. Happened more than ten times in a few hours. Yep.. Special people who don't think.. Or they are so self centered....
    Good for you on addressing the issue with the persons treating the store stock as their own personal bathroom supply of products!
    barbis9 and macw1960 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sounds like the works of degens from up-country.

Another fine reason to buy your deodorant in multi-packs where the entire package is sealed.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Sun, Aug 13th, 2017 at 10:37 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, Poirot and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Another fine reason to buy your deodorant in multi-packs where the entire package is sealed.
    I totally agree. So glad I wear aluminum free deordant and it has the silver strip on it. I was shocked how many people tried on deordant.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I totally agree. So glad I wear aluminum free deordant and it has the silver strip on it. I was shocked how many people tried on deordant.
    wow I am shocked too. I have seen people open products to smell them but to actually try them - that is gross. It might explain the broken seal on sunscreen that I once bought at Walmart. I got my money back.
    GoJays and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Another fine example of how people don't educate their kids about not touching what is not yours and how come loss preventors don't catch this sort of thing. I thought that they watched the security cameras.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    Another fine example of how people don't educate their kids about not touching what is not yours and how come loss preventors don't catch this sort of thing. I thought that they watched the security cameras.
    That's a common misconception. Security monitors are seldom watched with absolute attention. They are a tool to watch and/or review footage in the event of an incident (either past or in progress), but very rarely is someone watching them constantly.

There is simply too much coverage in a store like a Walmart for someone to watch monitors constantly and be attentive to all-things all-the-time in the UN-likely event something MIGHT happen -- Keep in mind 90% of what goes on those monitors is business as usual and boring to say the least. (even if Walmart customers can be entertaining at times.)

However, if while shopping you have ever heard an announcement for security to "watch section 23" or some such... that means a staff member (usually on the floor) observed something suspicious and THEN they start watching the monitors and perhaps rewind the recording of said section to see a potential 'event' --- They want to detain the culprit at the point they leave the store (not before because in the event of 'theft', no crime has been comitted until they leave the store), HOWEVER, detaining someone who was not observed commiting an act can be serious blowback if they were wrong.

If you want to aide the security team... record the act with your phone, then show a staff member who can alert security. They can reveiw their own footage and act accordingly. Despite the fact that no one actually put anything in their pocket, they have still committed theft as they've intentionally rendered the item un-sellable, just as if they took a sip of Coke and put the bottle back on the shelf, or took some Oreos out of a pack.

If you're in a particularly spiteful mood, post the footage on YouTube and shame these folks.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Mon, Aug 14th, 2017 at 02:17 PM.
    Ciel, Poirot and macw1960 like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

seriously, what's wrong with these people. if its sealed, it means if you open it, you buy it. how would they feel if someone open up milk and drink from it and put it back on the shelf. it should be like that. if the deodorant wasn't sealed and this person decides to try it, i wonder if they would think if someone else have already tried it -_-. honestly. i'm just hoping the manufacturers seal everything or vendors post signs that anyone who opens seal products is considered to have purchase the product. though i wonder now, if they could have bought it, wear it, and then return it :S

i've seen security cameras in the shavers/razors aisles in walmart... because those are more expensive...

just wondering, did you report them to a walmart rep or anyone?

certain sunscreens (coppertone sprays) don't have seals... i mostly try holding both bottles in my hands and see if either bottle seem lighter
    Last edited by Aquaria; Mon, Aug 14th, 2017 at 11:20 PM.
    Ciel, macw1960 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaria View Post
    ...though i wonder now, if they could have bought it, wear it, and then return it :S
    The difference is, if they bought it and returned it (for whatever reason), and it was a hygiene product it wouldn't get put back on the shelf. In the above scenario, the offending patron is putting back on the shelf and other consumers are none-the-wiser.

certain sunscreens (coppertone sprays) don't have seals... i mostly try holding both bottles in my hands and see if either bottle seem lighter
    In these cases (like spray cans that arent sold sealed), I usually dig back and get a canister from the back of the stock. Not as a matter of hygiene so much as, like you, I dont want to pay full price for a half canister of spray.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

seriously, what's wrong with these people. if its sealed, it means if you open it, you buy it. how would they feel if someone open up milk and drink from it and put it back on the shelf. it should be like that. if the deodorant wasn't sealed and this person decides to try it, i wonder if they would think if someone else have already tried it -_-. honestly. i'm just hoping the manufacturers seal everything or vendors post signs that anyone who opens seal products is considered to have purchase the product. though i wonder now, if they could have bought it, wear it, and then return it :S

i've seen security cameras in the shavers/razors aisles in walmart... because those are more expensive...

just wondering, did you report them to a walmart rep or anyone?

. I reported it as well as told the two girls in the HBA section. And what she said since walmart has changed their whole policy.. Now they work all over the area now a person who only works in one section. Now they don't care cause not in problem anymore. I took the handful of deordants who people used and pulled them off the shelves and gave the assistant manager who knows me. Even spray cans people used and put it back. They said axe cans are used the most and put back. Some customers I see at various walmarts and loblaws I work at have a meh attitude. Oh well it's used or I will leave a whole chicken in the shampoo aisle.
    Ciel, macw1960 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'll admit to taking the lid off a deodorant or two.. to smell it, not use it! sometimes it's hard to get an idea of what it will smell like without the sniff test with the random names they give the scents (and deodorant is something you will be smelling all day so it's good you like the smell), i'll also occasionally (very rarely) do the sniff test to body wash if i'm changing the body wash i use or they have introduced a new smell to the brand i usually use... i'd never break a seal on a product to smell it (or god forbid use it and put it back.. blech!)
    Ciel, Poirot, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    The difference is, if they bought it and returned it (for whatever reason), and it was a hygiene product it wouldn't get put back on the shelf. In the above scenario, the offending patron is putting back on the shelf and other consumers are none-the-wiser.
    Yeah right. Clearly, you haven't been around retail long enough. I've been working in stores my entire life and you'd be shocked at some of the stuff that has gone back on the shelves in used condition. The one that sticks out in my mind was a used crock pot that hadn't even been washed out before it was returned. The employees don't care what happens to the product. It gets returned, it gets put back on the shelf, doesn't matter if it's hygeine product or not.
    Ciel, Poirot and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I hate my pharmacy!

I`ve had so many problems with them the only reason I keep using the same one is because it's literally right by my home and if I`m having horrible pain I don`t have to go that far (especially in the winter its super convenient. )

They`ve mixed up faxes. Claimed they haven`t received it. Or made my medication days conflict with how many I have or should have on hand.

Now they`ve finally responded within a reasonable time faxing my doctor, I call them asking when I can pick up my medicine refill and they`re out of it! It's on order and don`t know when it's arriving.

This has happened before and I had to phone a bunch of pharmacies trying to find who has what in stock - not doing that.

fml
    Ciel, macw1960 and toronto166 like this.

Thread Information