User Tag List

Page 577 of 654 FirstFirst ... 77 477 527 567 575 576 577 578 579 587 627 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

The idiots who call from "Microsoft" because there is a problem with my computer at 7:30 on Saturday morning. I am going to put a whistle near the phone for the next time.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Dust in corners of things in the basement-places high and low.
    Plastic storage racks with clutter (not mine).
    Metal shoe rack with too many pairs of footwear (not mine and I've asked someone twice to toss the oldest stuff out)
    Pots that seem to take 3 days or more to be put away in right place.

Yep, it's summertime and I want to teleport my family members to a crash housekeeping course right now.
    barbis9, GoJays, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Credit Union called, asked for husband. He wasn't at home, I asked what was up - we have joint everything. Nope, could only talk with him.

He came home, we called - it was to head office - his Global Payment Mastercard was compromised.
    First off, he's ESL though his English is great, he didn't know that word, so asked for an explanation, and she didn't understand what he was asking (phone was on speaker so I could hear) - so finally she explained it more clearly - that there was fraud at the point of sale somewhere. Wouldn't tell where - and that's a part of the rant, as well as just having to go through this.
    Had to order a new card.
    ^Post was July 25

Definitely NOT a rant today, but I'm putting it here because it's appropriate to what some of us were posting.
    Got a call from the credit union just now, asking if we attempted to make an online purchase at WM, and she had the amount.

Now, I had to explain my (sleep-deprived) embarrassing mistake from this morning. I made my selections online at WM, went to place order and kept getting error messages and nothing they suggested would fix it (check addresses, sign in as a guest, etc.) It was AGES before I realized I was using the aforementioned card, which has been cancelled DUH!
    To tell the truth, I had been using my husband's card just because I hadn't activated mine yet - so I did so, went to use it to make the WM purchase and it wouldn't go through, just like the other.

So I explained this to the credit union lady, and she said that it was cleared for use now - and yes, the purchase went through on my card.

But a HUGE bouquet to them, as they were right on top of things. In this case, the purchase was just over $50, but imagine if it had been hundreds or more?

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

hubby went to walmart and picked up a few things..bought potatoes and bananas and a few other things.. the cashier rang the bananas through as potatoes, he didn't catch it until the transaction had ended the cashier shrugs it off and informs him if he wanted it fixed he has to go to customer service because they couldn't do anything.. well customer service line is easily 6-8 people deep.. there's no way he's waiting that for 50c..
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

day 2 of allergies - I was doing so well - all my friends and family sneezing and me nothing really - then bang itchy eyes and tired....only upside was since sinus surgery I don't get stuffed up like usually..
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Have you ever folded a load of laundry only to realize that it hadn't been washed yet?
    Yeah. That was me just now.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 5 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Have you ever folded a load of laundry only to realize that it hadn't been washed yet?
    Yeah. That was me just now.
    ha ha ha !!! Omg, no! Around here I could never confuse dirty clothes with clean because of the 2 gorilla types that live here....black hair everywhere and sweat.
    barbis9, Ciel, GoJays and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

got pimple. rcss has no tax on select depts this coming sat and not much on sale for what i need (the very sat that i am busy with other stuff lol).. a few times, though i "shop" for the nicer cashier for doing pm and coupons, i end up with the register that need an ink change (receipts weren't that clear) and wished i knew before hand and would have went to another register... at least the receipts were approved by cashback apps... kept thinking today was a thursday *sighs *
    Ciel, macw1960 and dededi like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    The idiots who call from "Microsoft" because there is a problem with my computer at 7:30 on Saturday morning. I am going to put a whistle near the phone for the next time.
    i turn off my cellphone until i wake up... if it's landline, then no luck. block them if you have them from caller id. we get those call at work too. when i get those calls at home or work, i just say sorry and no thank you; sometimes, i play along and say there's no computer or we don't use Windows lol... i'm trying not to be as mean these days (because on the other end is a person and you don't know their circumstances or whatnot) but certain things don't help it so i'm trying for indifference.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaria View Post
    i turn off my cellphone until i wake up... if it's landline, then no luck. block them if you have them from caller id. we get those call at work too. when i get those calls at home or work, i just say sorry and no thank you; sometimes, i play along and say there's no computer or we don't use Windows lol... i'm trying not to be as mean these days (because on the other end is a person and you don't know their circumstances or whatnot) but certain things don't help it so i'm trying for indifference.
    That's a great attitude to take but some of them were so bloody rude that I was nasty to every one of them. Finally I gave up and I just don't answer my phone anymore. If it's important then leave a message.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On a similar (perhaps worse) note:

I made an unusually large purchase from Amazon (~$4000) Monday morning (about 9am).
    16½ hours later (1:30am Tuesday) my phone rings... it's a Seattle area code. I ignore it thinking it's a wrong # or one of these scammers (which by the way I NEVER get calls from... knock on wood). They leave a voicemail, but then call back immediately. I answer it on the second call... it's AMAZON calling me to confirm the order... to make sure I am the one who placed the order. He is touting "security issues" (?!)

Aside: I have been dealing with Amazon for close to 20 years... I've never had an incident with any of my purchases, no security breaches, nada. 100% success rate (in-so far as transaction processing is concerned). The item I ordered is billed to me, and shipped to the same address as my billing address... nothing to denote that this would be a fraudulent purchase.

The voice is in an Indian accent -- not that I object to the ethnicity, but suggesting that I inferred this call was coming from the other side of the planet.

I said "Do you realize it's 1:30am where I live? I was ASLEEP."
    Him: "But this is a security issue."
    Me: "How is this a security issue?"
    Him: "Your credit card was refused due to security concerns."
    Me: "That is between myself and Mastercard. Not you. And not for you to be calling me at 1:30am to try and clear it up."
    I continued saying "If they deem it a security issue, they will block the transaction. That's what they do, and that's what they did. They did their job to protect try and protect me. You, however could have waited until daylight hours to call me if you were unable to process the transaction."
    He insisted that it was a security issue... but again, not his concern as much as it was MasterCard's.

"In any event," I continued "now that I'm up, let's clear this matter."
    He started asking me if I made the purchase, and what I bought, etc.
    I said "If you're from Amazon, why don't YOU tell me what it is I bought, and what the order # was, and what the charge amount was... then I'll know you are who you claim to be, and I can confirm it."
    He was able to do so, and I said I would call Mastercard and have them remove the hold.
    [I called MasterCard... he noted the hold on the purchase and said "we were going to call you in the morning about this..." -- oh the irony!]

While I appreciate Amazon's pro-activeness, it's certainly not something that couldnt have waited until daylight hours. There was no security breach, and the protections in place worked... And while I realize it was probably daylight where he was calling from, they ought to be checking the timezones of where their customers are that they are calling.
    barbis9, Ciel, Poirot and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaria View Post
    I can't just turn off or turn down any phones. Several elderly family members ...never know what is next with them. Caller Id doesn't help because they can make the phone have any # on it including our own. I really think that blowing out an eardrum or two will help.
    barbis9, Ciel, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I can't just turn off or turn down any phones. Several elderly family members ...never know what is next with them. Caller Id doesn't help because they can make the phone have any # on it including our own. I really think that blowing out an eardrum or two will help.
    after telling them I have no computer, that they are lying, etc...I told them I don't speak English and the calls have stopped.
    Tweets77, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Heather Mallick recently wrote about jobs that have a high emotional labour load and she's on point with that truth:
    https://www.thestar.com/opinion/comm...k-mallick.html
    macw1960 and Durham Couponer like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I found the solution to telemarketers and fake RCMP calling for CRA Attachment 333883. It works all the time and now only the unwitting dare call here
    Ciel, macw1960 and dededi like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Thread Information